KITT & KARR 3D Models

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:44 pm

How soon until the vice city version is released?Will it have the third season dash?

krvc
Operative

Post by krvc » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:55 pm

four season dash, there will be used the v3 kitt dash from Knightfan under permision of him .

KOPP
Rookie

Post by KOPP » Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:18 pm

MrPayner, you seem to be having the same problem that the people who rendered the Knight Rider games have; YOU'RE MAKING KITT INTO A PIMPED-UP THUG CAR! KITT's not some low-clearance pimpin' thick, non-sleek looking car, he's a thin sleek bad-a$$ car that is so non-thug he isn't even funny. I suggest that you watch some more episodes of "Knight Rider" or look at some REAL sports cars (that is, one's that aren't some Japanese import Fast and the Furious crap) or at least some Pontiac Trans-Am's. ReddawgKnight, I like yours, they're pretty cool and ACCURATE; one of the reasons that I like KITT and his make is that it is not thuggy. I HATE THUG CARS AND ALL THEY STAND FOR!! I thought that KITT fought against people like thugs, in a world of criminals who operate above the law, right? SO WHY ARE YOU MAKING HIM A THUG?

Oh, and what application are you guys using to make these renderings?
"Knight Rider 2008 - A brain-rotting flight into the mind-numbing world of a poor excuse for a television show...that should not exist!"

FIGHT the quest for Season 2 - spare us the trash!!

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:07 pm

Holy crap, that is absolute incredible. I've always wanted to know how to do renderings. Was all that (that final render with the scanner and everything) with the same program?
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:18 am

@KOPP
The renders are done in both zmod and 3DS Max...but the very last render ever done was the 1 with the completely white back ground.(3DS Max)
@krvc
knightfans newest and best looking dash will be used in mine and eriks cars with his permission..gotta give it some time before the car is complete with the new kick ass interior though.
@cloudkitt
That final render was my friends doing...but darkslain tossed in a few added bonuses like the signal light blackouts on the front next to the scanner and made the render like the scanner was actually on and operating.
@Knight Racer
There is not a deffinate timetable yet as to whether its going into VC at this time...because the cars arent done yet,,,to me it looks like it may be needing an underbody and the complete interior but thats just my opinion....overall time before it goes into VC or GTA 3 would most likely be a month id say....sorry if i didnt answer all of your questions in order or inaccurately...i just woke up.

MrPayner
Operative

Post by MrPayner » Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:57 am

KOPP wrote:MrPayner, you seem to be having the same problem that the people who rendered the Knight Rider games have; YOU'RE MAKING KITT INTO A PIMPED-UP THUG CAR! KITT's not some low-clearance pimpin' thick, non-sleek looking car, he's a thin sleek bad-a$$ car that is so non-thug he isn't even funny. I suggest that you watch some more episodes of "Knight Rider" or look at some REAL sports cars (that is, one's that aren't some Japanese import Fast and the Furious crap) or at least some Pontiac Trans-Am's.
WTF?!?! Where did this come from??? If you go back and actually read what i wrote I was merely putting forward a suggestion for use with this 3d model as a screensaver. I was not suggesting for a moment that the creator of the 3D model go "pimp my ride" on his creation.. I don't know how old you are, nor do I care. But how about you grow a set and grow up! :evil:

AP

KOPP
Rookie

Post by KOPP » Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:52 am

Sorry, MrPayner. It was late, and I get pretty passionate about how much I hate thug cars...sorry! To be fair, I didn't read what you wrote, I simply saw the picture, and in a tired frenzy that comes upon some people when they're tired, I just totally blew up. Again, I seriously apologize. No hard feelings! Your renderings were pretty cool; something FAR beyond anything I could hope to accomplish. Now that it's morning, I read what I had written and thought, "Man, I can't believe that I wrote that." It DOES look pretty immature, and I'm sorry for "dissin'" you. No hard feelings!
"Knight Rider 2008 - A brain-rotting flight into the mind-numbing world of a poor excuse for a television show...that should not exist!"

FIGHT the quest for Season 2 - spare us the trash!!

edwardknight2005
Recruit

Post by edwardknight2005 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:39 am

have you tried to do KITT or KARR's dash in 3D that would be so cool!

walter h. anderson
FLAG Recruit

Post by walter h. anderson » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:07 pm

ReddawgKnight, I haven't been able to download yet.
I'm in the process of moving right now, so as soon as I get internet access for my PC, I'll go ahead and download this file.

Then everybody will see how good I'm hoping to be with rendering drawings.
If you don't make a difference, you are not the Knight Rider.

edwardknight2005
Recruit

Post by edwardknight2005 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:24 pm

does anyone know where I can pick up Knight Rider 2 for PC in the US?

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:41 pm

Its not available in the US yet man...sorry

edwardknight2005
Recruit

Post by edwardknight2005 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:12 pm

very interesting...I was able to order the original KR game for PC but I ordered it from the website..maybe I need to go to that website that auctions stuff off....ebay

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:15 pm

BIG BUMP guys...

Anyway i thought id let u guys now how the work on KITT and KARR are Coming along...Well they are in the process of being converted to NFS6 With a slightly modified Nose Cone to make it a lil more like the Show...

Knightfan40s interior is gonna be used in these cars(With His Permission) and thanx to a very good friend of mine it will finally be added to both cars(Even Though KARR is Supposed to have a Season ! Dash)...

Both of them will be repainted to the more show like black(They will not look Gray anymore)...new sweet lookin Tire Treads will be added aswell....

I hope within the next couple of weeks these will be finally completed....more news on the conversions when available...also sorry for no updated pics

Knight 52
Volunteer

Kitt 3D

Post by Knight 52 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:02 pm

:D Very cool!!

I like it.

Keep up the great work.

Knight 52

edwardknight2005
Recruit

Post by edwardknight2005 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:23 pm

cool! I hope to see it as far as codes for NFS...Looking forward to getting NFS for either PS2 or PC...Last PC game I picked up was The Sims!

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:19 pm

The photos of the KNIGHT and KARR license plates posted by DarKSLaiN
are not to be used for personal or public use. These are my ORIGINAL photos that I shot and use for the sale of my custom license plates on ebay, etc... These photos are copyrighted by me and I hereby request that the owner of this site delete them. Sorry to be this way, but I have a lot invested in these products.

Mark Puette

DarKSLaiN
Operative

Post by DarKSLaiN » Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:01 am

ok, if they are copyrighted, why are no portion of the pic with the copyright? :)?

i´ve deleted the pics... but put a copyright onto your photos... it´s only an advice... all my pics are with the "DCK" logo for this reason...

Regards...

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:56 am

Does this problem have to do with the actuall models themselves....because if i recall correctly my buddy scratch made the "KNIGHT" & "KARR" Plates for these cars and belong to no one else besides me and him :?

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:54 am

The fact that these photos were on my ebay auction or on my company page on the Knight Foundation should alert you that they are not for use by anyone but me. Just because a photo is on the net doesn't mean that it is up for grabs. Thanks for removing them. No harm, no foul.

Mark Puette

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:27 pm

Im Sorry kitt1 but were you reffering to these plates?
Cus these are the ones currently used on the models and are final also :wink:

edwardknight2005
Recruit

Post by edwardknight2005 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:52 pm

it's an interesting pic or graphic of KITT & KARR

aussieknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by aussieknight » Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:49 pm

What we need to do is find the author of THESE pics:
Image Image
It's an almighty 3D model, more of which can be found here: http://www.knightreplicas.com/library/KITTandKARR.asp under 3D model. Oh and there's plenty of resources here for the potential KITT designer. And by the way...who was complaining about there being no blueprints available for KITT? He WAS based on an 82 Trans Am after all. Don't they litter the sidewalk over there in the US of A?? :-P
And LOSE THOSE TAIL LIGHTS, dammit! KITT's were blacked-out. You could only see them when they were ON.
"What do you mean, 'get'? You ARE in big trouble." -KITT, Not a Drop to Drink.