Kitt's embarassing moments

Archive for discussions from 2002. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Kitt's embarassing moments

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Dec 18, 2002 1:13 pm

Kitt was insulted greatly in 2 episodes.

1.Goliath:When Michael spoke to the indian whom Michael went to for information on red bluff,the indian said,"You wanna by one of Cheifs flimsey old automobiles?"Michael replied,"No thanks,already got one."The indian replied"Gas gozler,let me slip you into a real acadamy car man.It will save you big bucks."Kitt then ran his scanner and looked like he was blushing in shame.

2.Blind spot:Michael was talking to the owner of the junk yard and he said "I'm looking for Dudly.He was going to trade me his porche for my car."The manager replied,"You will be geting the better end of the deal."Kitt scan's and blushes again in shame.

Anyone remember any other shamefull moments of kitt?

SadArticle
Operative

Post by SadArticle » Wed Dec 18, 2002 3:03 pm

I don't think either of those examples are Kitt feeling shame - I'd say his reaction, shown through a quick pulse of the scanner, was more indignant than embarrassed.

And now I'm wracking my brains for further examples! I can remember such scenes, because I always felt for Kitt when he was insulted :roll: , but not the episode titles! I need to watch some serious Knight Rider :oops:

Sarah
We'll never get the smell out of the upholstery - Kitt, Knightlines

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Wed Dec 18, 2002 3:07 pm

Every episode where Michael told him to 'Shut Up'

KI

SadArticle
Operative

Post by SadArticle » Wed Dec 18, 2002 3:10 pm

Ooh, ooh, I know, I know! :D

'A Good Knight's Work' - Kitt is parked next to a second-hand car dealership, and the salesman, mid-schpiel, tells one of his victims that his cars are better quality than modern fibre-glass models, and points at Kitt! Kitt gets his own back, however :wink:

Sarah

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed Dec 18, 2002 4:15 pm

I think Michael allowing KITT to go against Goliath in the first episode to knock his front wheel out is an insult in itself.

Everyone knew that was never going to happen.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Wed Dec 18, 2002 4:48 pm

Probably KTIT's most embarassing moment....

Killer KIT when Michael told Kitt

Michael You said "ain't"
KITT: Oh dear!!!

..also when he found out he was listening to 'alittle oompa and brass' instead of Vivaldi.

Sure he wasn't himself, but KITT still felt quite embarassed.

Nick

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Dec 18, 2002 4:57 pm

In Knight of the Juggernaut, KITT felt insulted that car thieves didn't want to steal him.

Mike
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

BabsBunny
Rookie

Post by BabsBunny » Wed Dec 18, 2002 6:51 pm

I think one of KiTT's more embarrassing moments was in Junk Yard Dog, when he backfired and flames shot out his tailpipe. That "Oh My..." he gave in response reeked of mortification.

Which is natural! I mean, how would you react if YOU suddenly backfired in public?:)

Babs Bunny

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Dec 18, 2002 6:55 pm

Ah, but did he REALLY backfire, or was he faking it to get out of being placed into active duty?

Mike
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

BabsBunny
Rookie

Post by BabsBunny » Wed Dec 18, 2002 7:08 pm

Either way, that's got to be a humiliating move to stoop yourself to just to get out of something..:)

But ya gotta do what you gotta do!

Babs Bunny

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Dec 18, 2002 7:59 pm

I remember another point where kitt was mega embarased about how he looked in Custom kitt.He said something like if Wilton Knight could see me now he would be spinning in his grave.

Smoothy
Rookie

Post by Smoothy » Fri Dec 20, 2002 9:10 am

What about the pilot? Wasn't he insulted by Michael when Michael didn't like the idea of a talking car?

And also in Trust Doesn't Rust when he encountered KARR and was insulted that he wasn't one-of-a-kind.

SadArticle
Operative

Post by SadArticle » Fri Dec 20, 2002 3:19 pm

Does Kitt have to be aware of how embarrassing he is being, to qualify for this thread? :wink: I'm thinking 'Knight Song', and his terrible caterwauling; 'Dead of Knight', and his jokes; and, going back to the first series, 'Just My Bill', and his excruciatingly pompous definition of 'democracy' :oops:

On a more conventional note, the episode where he reprimanded Michael with, "I do not have a strange-looking dash. I'm very proud of my dash." From 'Hearts of Stone', I think

Sarah

Karan
Recruit

Post by Karan » Fri Dec 20, 2002 3:39 pm

knightimmortal wrote:Every episode where Michael told him to 'Shut Up'

KI
but in 'A Good day at White Rock' when Michael is explaining to Kitt about rockclimbing and in the end he tells Kitt to shut up they dont show Kitts scanner or anything

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Fri Dec 20, 2002 3:51 pm

Not every episode shows it. Many of those that have been mentioned, there is no actual reaction, though KITT goes silent. *sigh*

KI

kittgirl
Volunteer

Kitt admits embarrasment in Lost Knight

Post by kittgirl » Sun Dec 22, 2002 11:48 am

I just watched Lost Knight, it's the one where Kitt looses his memory. Here's a quote from the episode:
Kitt to Doug: "Losing one's memory is so embarrasing."
:D

sheltonw3
FLAG Recruit

THE TRUELY MOST EMBARASSING MOMENT

Post by sheltonw3 » Wed Dec 25, 2002 8:25 pm

"KNIGHT & KNERD!"

When K.I.T.T.'s tire was melted with a laser while in pursuit ,Now there's a moment NOBODY EVER LIKES!.... :( Flat tires SUCK!
"Really?....some people are simply just too much!"

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Re: THE TRUELY MOST EMBARASSING MOMENT

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Dec 25, 2002 8:54 pm

sheltonw3 wrote:"KNIGHT & KNERD!"

When K.I.T.T.'s tire was melted with a laser while in pursuit ,Now there's a moment NOBODY EVER LIKES!.... :( Flat tires SUCK!
What makes the scene even more embarasing is when kitt says these weren't ordinary tires or someone says it.The tires were some how altered throughout the series.The alterations I can remember are when Kitt had a system we saw in Good Knights Work where when Michael shut his friend off (I think for the first tme not sure) we see Kitt's tires deflate.I'm guessing the regualr,super car options off mode,were with Kitt off and the inflated mode would be his permanent mode which we took for granted as being just normal tires.They probably gave Kitt better traction control, and maybe let him go faster as the bigger the wheels the faster the ride is.

Another alteration was in the episode speed demons which April installed "high tops".they inflated kitts tires enough for off road and hill climbing.Sort of like how the spikes in kitts tires helped him overcome the hill in Hills of Fire.Well if kitt had high tops in speed demons and was returned to normal,then normal would be medium inflation of his tires and kitt being turned off would be considered what our normal tires would look like.High mode would be in speed demons."Hence what the anouncer yelled "Look at what just entered the race,a realy ""Big "" car."

The third and last alteration to kitts tires were done in hills of fire ,which is a shame cause the series ended a few episodes later.Rc3 installed what he would like to call Rc3 radials.Spikes would come out and kitt would go over the hill.Michael felt like a little kid getting a new present.

Well in a way those were pretty embarassing moments for kitt.Speed demons,Good knight's work(Kitt was shut off for the first time),and Hills of fire.

Katt
Operative

Post by Katt » Thu Dec 26, 2002 1:02 am

I don't know if it's humiliating, but it would be to me.

The episode, scent of the roses, where KITTs parked outside the wedding, and has just married painted on his back window, cans and shoes tied to his bumper, and a big pink bow across the hood. :D

He even tells RC3 that it was embarassing, and who wouldn't be! :P

The scene cracks me up though everytime I see it. :lol: