WAS KITT FINISHED IN TIME FOR PILOT?

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Keon2005
Rookie

WAS KITT FINISHED IN TIME FOR PILOT?

Post by Keon2005 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:45 am

Hey, I noticed a few details about Kitts dashboard for the first season. It appears that the voice modulator was not completed, it was a white shield with "KNIGHT 2000" printed on it, also the Knight Industries logo did not appear on the steering wheel. Maybe a rush job of sorts by Universal's prop department.

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by JJSoCrazy » Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:22 pm

You may be right, the other thing is that his front nose looked really ugly until they fixed it later on, anyone know why?

KNIGHTBOY
Volunteer

Post by KNIGHTBOY » Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:16 pm

I believe the ugly nose came from the 30 minute pilot or "presentation" that was made to NBC. Instead of refilming all the old stuff, they just edited it together with the new footage (and the new car).

Thank god they changed that nose though. I don't think any of us would still be talking about Knight Rider or fantasizing about owning that car if it kept that flat ugly ass nose.

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:30 pm

KNIGHTBOY wrote:I believe the ugly nose came from the 30 minute pilot or "presentation" that was made to NBC. Instead of refilming all the old stuff, they just edited it together with the new footage (and the new car).

Thank god they changed that nose though. I don't think any of us would still be talking about Knight Rider or fantasizing about owning that car if it kept that flat ugly ass nose.
LOL!! :twisted: That was funny. I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed that and your right, Kitt looked like his nose was crushed against something. And it's funny when Michael gets shot in the right arm, it switches to his left, I love it how David in the commentary points that out cause it always cracks him up. The reason for the mess up is because that part was shot for selling the showm then when it was sold, they never fixed it. Like Kitt's nose.
**true happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth**
Please check out my Knight Rider site at
http://www.knightriderforever.tk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:42 pm

The commentary was really goofy, but somehow informative, even if D. Hasselhoff got it wrong on being 28 when he first did "Knight Rider"; I think he was 29 going on 30 at the time, and was 33 when the show got cancelled.
Maybe he was 28 when he first auditioned for his character instead, before he left "Young and Restless...... Just my opinion.

RobAtPace
Stranger

Post by RobAtPace » Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:39 pm

hey folks... screen captures of this by chance?

aussieknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by aussieknight » Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:52 am

How's this?

"What do you mean, 'get'? You ARE in big trouble." -KITT, Not a Drop to Drink.

kywolverine708
Recruit

Post by kywolverine708 » Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:13 am

aussieknight wrote:How's this?

I Can't see them

Keon2005
Rookie

Post by Keon2005 » Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:47 am

Yeah I Can't See them either. I am not sure how to post pictures, so if anyone could do it again just in case some people didnt understand what I was talking about.

Hunter
Recruit

Post by Hunter » Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:32 pm

i can see them fine

Dave Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Dave Knight » Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:08 pm

try right clicking each red x select properties and copy and paste the URL for it into the address bar hit enter
then hit the back button it should appear in the thread repeate for all 3 pics :wink:
Michael: "You know, your as much fun as a divorce, which is not a bad idea!"
KITT: "I want custody of ME!"

Knight Rider: The Pilot

Izsendorph
Volunteer

Post by Izsendorph » Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:46 pm

Wasn't that nose for the pilot just a stock Trans-am nose.
I thought they used that nose because they didn't have time to finish Kitt's nose. Not quite sure if i'm correct about that though. That just what I think I read on the internet somewhere.

Paul
Rookie

Post by Paul » Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:22 pm

Also, spot the deliberate mistake. I know they did this one a lot, but I like noticing it: In the second of these pics (the side on view of the Trans Am, you can see the curved top of a standard steering wheel through the windshield.

And KITT's usual nosecone was DEFINITELY an improvement over the original "presentation" version.