Knight Rider Movie by the End of the Year?

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

nepsbot
Volunteer

Knight Rider Movie by the End of the Year?

Post by nepsbot » Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:28 pm

<a href="http://knightrideronline.com/archives/h ... ain_sm.jpg[/img]</a>

News from Australia today, where <a href="http://bb.knightrideronline.com/profile ... rPayner</a> writes us from. A local newspaper Sain writes in their January edition, claiming that the Knight Rider Movie will be in the theaters by the end of the year. I would be hesitant with believing this article until others echo it, cause we've been down this path before. However, we wanted to pass it on to you.

kitt1987
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by kitt1987 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:23 pm

I doubt that's gonna happen unless it's a quick homemade venture! LOL

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:23 am

Agreed also

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:34 am

I seriously doubt this movie will ever make it.

If anything it'll come out long after David or Larson have anything to say about it and be a total farce like Starsky and Hutch or just 2 fast 2 furious for us fans.

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:07 am

Well, if anything will happen about the "Knight Rider" movie, I think it will happen at the end of 2006, not 2005.
Wishful thinking and pretty nice article nonetheless.....

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:22 am

I'd be more inclined to expect an announcement later this year, after the hints from Hasselhoff and Larson. But Neps is right, we've been tantalisingly close to this time and again for years now. Until there's an official announcement, I'd take any report with a pinch of salt.

- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchive.com

rhdaussiekitt
FLAG Recruit

Post by rhdaussiekitt » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:34 am

not faiir theres been 2 dukes movies with another being
made and no knghtrider ?
--knightman--

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:41 pm

The cast for the Dukes movie was announced... when, October? And that is supposed to come out in July, which is about a 9-10 month turnaround (not a lot a time but not a rush-job either by Hollywood standards). I'd say that we have another month or so for a major announcement about the movie in order to make it for the Christmas 2005 season. If nothing happens by March, they're probably better off waiting until 2006.

I don't place a lot of faith in the "due later this year" comment because the entire article is kind of a fluff piece and I think we'd hear more about it if there was an official release date. Still, it's great to see it talked about in print. Thanks MrPayner!
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:59 pm

I dont understand, KITT being a high-tech car, and KR a classic show, why wouldn't anyone not wanna make it a movie, just don't destroy *cough cough*, starsky and hutch,*cough cough*, but it was funny

Stargazer
Operative

Post by Stargazer » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:14 pm

Forget the time line... we need to hear about what is going on with the movie... what style, and if a script has come to pass.... That article is like talking about putting the cart before the horse... it don't work.

Gossip is always nice, but this is getting a bit old....

The TV show Dallas will have become a movie before KR hits getting past a rough draft script... UGH !

citizen_x
Operative

Post by citizen_x » Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:12 pm

Not a chance!
in my opinion, we may see the movie release to theatres only in a couple of years.

BTW: I have a bad feeling that this flick will be a crappy one

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:06 am

Well, the longer we wait for it, the better I feel it has a chance to be quality-wise. If they just read a script and jumped right into production with the first studio that green-lighted them, then I'd begin to wonder if they are putting much care into the movie. Getting this movie made seems to be a top priority for David Hasselhoff, and I have a gut feeling that he won't stop until they get it right.

For this reason, as far as I'm concerned, they can take as much time as they need to make sure everything is right with the movie. Being picky about studios and scripts is the smart thing to do. The studios are the ones that are really mainly concerned with how much money the movie will make; Hasselhoff's main concern seems to be that the franchise is not destroyed with a garbage script and studio.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

comets78
Rookie

Post by comets78 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:59 pm

as long i see the movie before i turn 30 and i am 26 :) :) go kitt!

knightrider3000
Volunteer

Post by knightrider3000 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:15 pm

News From my sources say that the film is allready in production and a have allready been signed and script agreed....... More To Follow!

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:42 pm

knightrider3000 wrote:News From my sources say that the film is allready in production and a have allready been signed and script agreed....... More To Follow!
Sorry, but I don't believe it. When a movie goes into production, it makes news in the trade papers in Hollywood. Daily Variety tracks every major film through every stage of creation. From development, through pre-production, production and post-production. They even track "Films in the future" which are projects that don't quite have commitments to them. Knight Rider hasn't made it on to their listings yet.

I personally put a lot of faith in Variety, but they could still make mistakes and not have Knight Rider listed. But I have to think that if the movie had a script AND signed up a movie studio AND announced a cast AND was already in production, SOMEBODY would be reporting about it already by now. We have a lot of fans searching out information but there doesn't seem to be any hard news out there yet.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Fantine
Operative

Post by Fantine » Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:00 pm

Oh, you never know.

I know that my own local newspaper can't even quote the locals correctly, or get their names right, so I don't have a lot of faith for local (I mean that in the 'wide spread' sense of the word, lol) papers. :wink:

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:03 pm

David is supposedly going to be recording another music album in the coming weeks, and thus promoting for it well into the summer months.

There's no way its coming this year... and if by some miracle it does... it will be so rushed as to not be worth doing.

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightdriver » Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:48 pm

I for one hope it doesn't go the route that Alien VS Predator took.

Although an OK movie, it was made very fast and was still being edited
the week it was released. I know it left alot of fans wanting.

Rushing a film to meet a release date is stupid (to me) If it takes
a but longer to meet the quality and expectaitions that people are
seeking, then they will understand if the release date is postponed.

I know I would. I just hope they get something rolling soon. Looking
at the above picture of David, He is showing more than his age. But
then again, aren't we all. :wink:
Brian - Knightdriver.com

knightrider3000
Volunteer

Post by knightrider3000 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:41 pm

there is such thing a pre-production. Like getting the props ready, K.I.T.T for example is gonna have to be built several times over, they also need to scout locations and do story bords and things like that i personally think it will be released earley 2006.

reverber
Rookie

Post by reverber » Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:38 pm

has any one thought maybe the movie wont be shot in america, perhaps somewhere like australia i notice a lot of things are being made their for instance far scape and the red dwarf film maybe thats why no one in hollywood knows anything.

Fantine
Operative

Post by Fantine » Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:33 pm

Well, even if it isn't shot in America, there would still be the hype and news of who's directing, who is starring, etc. ect.

I just hope they get on the ball and start doing something. As a comparison of sorts, I had to wait 7 years for the Phantom of the Opera movie....I don't really care to wait another 7 for a Knight Rider film. :D (Actually, there had been news of that film since 1991 and it was just now released....*shudder* I just came in late in the game.)

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:25 pm

Techincally, it could be done and released at the end of this year. There are a few movies that have been made that have come out the same year they were made. A good example is "John Carpenter's Halloween". It was shot in March of 1978 and came out in 1978. However, as someone pointed out previous, the thing with "Halloween" was that it was on a low budget. A lot of major Hollywood films nowadays often take longer, depending on the budget and scale of the project (look at "Titanic" and "The Lord of the Rings" films for example). Of course, there's also the post-production stage that comes into affect, where ADR, editing, sound effects, special effects, scoring, etc. are also done.

knightphoenix
Rookie

Post by knightphoenix » Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:53 pm

If they rush a movie out, it could be as bad as KNIGHT RIDER 2000, which had a lame plot, no real stunts, and not much special effects.
If they do a movie or new series, they need to do it right or the whole franchise could be flushed.

By the way, the Dukes of Hazard probably will take less to produce.
The origanal had very little for story line, and how hard can it be to jump stuff with the General Lee, lets get real.

The next Knight Rider will have to take alittle development, like action sequences, special effects, a story line that reaches diehard fans and those who have never seen Knight Rider.

Thats why I think the time is right for a return to TV as a new Series, then take it to the big screen after you improved the fan base.

But I could be wrong.

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:26 am

A while ago, I suggested that "Knight Rider" should be done as an independent feature, or maybe at least a low budget feature (anywhere between $10,000 to $12,000,000). There's a lot of films that have been made on low budgets and did very well. Again, just my opinion.

edwardknight2005
Recruit

Post by edwardknight2005 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:30 am

I would have to say if the Knight Rider movie is made it would have to be made in 2006 or 2007, because like with a big budget movie for instance like Star Wars or LOTR it takes close to a year in pre-production, then for the movie to be in production. Plus, I know for a fact David is recording a new CD(his website had that on there I think) and of course, David's website would have some type of "official" thing like "Knight Rider script approved" or something like that. As far as Dukes of Hazzard, John Schnieder, said he's not even going to do a cameo in that movie(Which shows what he thinks of the movie) Most of the reason being Smallville.