Knight Rider Movie? Look to Spyhunter for reference...

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Sith
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider Movie? Look to Spyhunter for reference...

Post by Sith » Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:53 pm

Given the CGI revolution, its highly likely that the new Knight Rider movie (if its made), will feature some.

Here's a barometer of what CGI car action scenes will look like in the future. Bear in mind, these are very early test models... as the film is not released until summer 2006.

http://www.comingsoon.net/cgi-bin/image ... Spy_Hunter
Last edited by Sith on Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:01 pm

Deeplinking not allowed, you'll have to go directly to comingsoon.net and click on the spyhunter links.

I'm not sure Spyhunter is a good example of what a Knight Rider movie would look like. The opportunity for product placement in Knight Rider is much higher than that for Spy Hunter, and I expect that KITT will be a very "real" car. I'm sure some of the scenes will be enhanced by CG or done completely that way, but in general I think we'll see much more live action shots in Knight Rider.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:05 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:Deeplinking not allowed, you'll have to go directly to comingsoon.net and click on the spyhunter links.
It does work, just the damn server keeps going down. Bah. So I hosted them myself too - just in case.

Michael Pajaro wrote:I'm not sure Spyhunter is a good example of what a Knight Rider movie would look like.
You should have told Davilex that before they started Knight Rider 2... ;) hehe
Last edited by Sith on Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:41 pm

I was wondering whatever happenned to the movie prospects of Spy Hunter. I saw the ad on my SpyHunter2 booklet and was wondering what happenned

Looks pretty cool.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:45 pm

Those Spy Hunter shots look awesome indeed....if they were for a video game. For a movie it's pathetic unless the entire movie is a CGI based cartoon. But they are early shots, I understand. My worries are that if the Spy Hunter movie comes out before the Knight Rider one that it will steal the hype for it. People might immediately start comparing the movies. Of course I believe K.I.T.T. is superior to the Interceptor in many ways, but I'm not sure if the general audience might see it that way.

The Interceptor is pretty extreme looking; it might be difficult for KR to find a car as wild looking, or find a more subtle car and convince audiences it can compete. It might end up being "cool" to like the Interceptor because its being driven by the big bad Rock and might have more mainstream appeal. Not to mention some people might think to themselves "Ah, they copied that from Spy Hunter; I liked that movie better." Let's hope KR comes out first and blows it away. Or, maybe I'm just overreacting and giving the whole thing too much thought?
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Fantine
Operative

Post by Fantine » Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:51 pm

What an ugly car. Bleh. Effects look spiffy, but that car is horrid.

My chevy has more appeal even with its doors froze shut in the frigid Ohio winter.