No Big Thing

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

No Big Thing

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:48 pm

Did anyone else notice in the episode "No Big Thing" that when Michael goes to fill K.I.T.T. up with gas, he opens a hatch near the licence plate, despite there being a gas cap on the side of the car! Apparently Bonnie or the Knight Industries engineers reconfigured the Trans Am's body when they were building K.I.T.T. and changed the location of the gas tank for some reason instead of using the regular gas hatch on the side of the car.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:59 pm

Yeah, that does seem strange. There's really no reason or logic in moving the gas tank filler cap. I'm guessing that it just looks cool if KITT had a different configuration as compared to an ordinary Trans Am.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Sat Sep 18, 2004 12:03 am

they needed an excuse to have Michael fill the gas tank so the attendant could attempt to sabotage KITT. Apparently the fact that it was a Self Service gas station wasn't reason enough :lol:
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:49 pm

That and maybe the fact that it makes K.I.T.T. look a bit more high-tech needing to have Michael's finger print verification to open the gasoline hatch, like for his doors. Wouldn't want someone trying to sabotage K.I.T.T. by pouring sugar in the gas tank if just anyone could open it (in the event that K.I.T.T. couldn't defend himself for some reason). Plus it was also before it became a standard feature on cars to have a push-button release to open that little cas cap door.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:30 pm

Yeah, plus people could drain the gas out of KITT by threading a hose into the pipe and sucking out the gas. It happens in movies so I guess it could happen here.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

pdennis93
FLAG Recruit

Post by pdennis93 » Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:53 pm

Yeah, plus people could drain the gas out of KITT by threading a hose into the pipe and sucking out the gas. It happens in movies so I guess it could happen here.
seen "slammin sammy's stunt show spectacular?"

happened to a gemlin stunt car in that episode

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Sun Sep 19, 2004 12:13 am

pdennis93 wrote:
seen "slammin sammy's stunt show spectacular?"

happened to a gemlin stunt car in that episode
Yeah, the bad guys sucked the gas out of Sammy's stunt car, making it crash after the jump. But they didn't try to suck out KITT's gas, they tried to sabotage KITT's steering mechanism from under him. Fortunately KITT moved away and "pinned" the bad guy by deflating his tires. Surprisingly, KITT allowed the guy to escape.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Sun Sep 19, 2004 12:40 am

but KITT's got liek a 100 gallon tank, it would be hard to steal it...
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:30 am

After "Give Me Liberty...Or Give Me Death," K.I.T.T. no longer used ordinary gasoline and instead ran on liquid hydrogen (at least for that episode). I doubt that after doing a major reconfiguration like that that Bonnie would convert K.I.T.T. back to requiring regular gasonline again. So K.I.T.T. doesn't necessarily have a large gas tank per se, just a large enough fuel supply to run on for longer periods of time (longer than it would take to run out of gas on an ordinary tank). How much a tank would have to hold in order to hold a sufficient enough quantity of liquid hydrogen is anyone's guess. :?

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:36 am

Also, in "No Big Thing," this was before Bonnie reconfigured K.I.T.T. Up until "Give Me Liberty...Or Give Me Death," K.I.T.T. obviously ran on regular gasoline, keeping the original question as to why K.I.T.T.'s gas tank didn't utilize its original compartment until that episode still a mystery. It would make more sense if K.I.T.T. was shown being refueled through a different configuration after GMLOGMD, but not before.

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:54 am

The funny thing too was that the gas attendant did not even try opening the gas cap at the side of the car.... the first thing he did was go for the license plate, but of coz, he couldn't open it... How did he know that gas can be filled through there in the first place???

knightrider2004
Operative

Post by knightrider2004 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:37 am

well in the trans ams before that year the gas can was behind the plate maybe he didnt see the cap and thought it was like the older trans ams.
Michael wouldnt one woman be sufficient?

-K.I.T.T., Trust Doesent Rust

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:15 pm

knightrider2004 wrote:well in the trans ams before that year the gas can was behind the plate maybe he didnt see the cap and thought it was like the older trans ams.
LOL... Cld be.. I never knew that older versions of trans ams had gas caps behind their plates...