1/18 Die Cast KITT Coming In December

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

R.J.1984
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by R.J.1984 » Sat Jul 31, 2004 7:58 pm

That absoulutly SUCKS!! I was really wanting to get one. Why oh why can't they make up their minds? :cry:

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:18 pm

Ouch, that's awful to hear. Do you happen to have a link to the article on Model Direct? Sounds like a bit of mixed news...

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:13 am

brennan wrote:sorry people but acording to model direct the model has been canceled
again,
and ertl have lost the rights to produce it due to a future movie release.
:evil: What!!!!!! No way!!!! Is it official? Do u have the link for that news?

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:28 am

brennan wrote:sorry people but acording to model direct the model has been canceled
again,
and ertl have lost the rights to produce it due to a future movie release.
Please don't give unconfirmed news until u are sure its official. I don't think that news is true because its still available for pre-order at this two sites:

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodi ... er=RA33844

http://www.diecastmuscle.com/store/33844

R.J.1984
Operative

Post by R.J.1984 » Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:15 am

Hey - make sure that what you are posting is true - we don't need any rumors floating around about knight rider murchandise. that just isn't funny at all. in fact it totally pisses me off. :evil:

pewter 02ws6
Operative

Post by pewter 02ws6 » Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:03 pm

i looked all over model direct's site for any such news and found nothing i also checked ertl's site and they still have is listed as a future release.

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:21 am

R.J.1984 wrote:Hey - make sure that what you are posting is true - we don't need any rumors floating around about knight rider murchandise. that just isn't funny at all. in fact it totally pisses me off. :evil:
It pisses me off to R.J.1984... Where is that guy who posted that message anyways, he is suddenly gone... Whatever it is, I'm sure its false news.. I just received an e-mail from diecast muscle stating that my preorder has been processed:
From: "Service (MTR Enterprises)" <mtr@diecastmuscle.com>
To: "Muhd Imran"
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 11:42:26 -0400
Subject: Re: Your Order with Diecastmuscle.com

8/2/2004 11:42 AM
Imran,

Thank you for the order.

PreOrders:

Qty Item Description Price Release
1 33844 1982 Pontiac Firebird Black $27.50 Oct
Knight Rider - KITT

The above is a current list of all preorders. Preorders are billed and shipped
as they arrive. Shipping is additional. Please visit
http://www.diecastmuscle.com/store/Shipping for shipping rates.

This email serves as your order confirmation. It also contains a summary of the item(s)
shipped, on preorder and on back order. If there are any errors, please bring them to
our attention by reply email.

Thanks for your business,
Mike

Dark Knight
Stranger

Post by Dark Knight » Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:24 am

I have 4 models of K.I.T.T already but a die cast will be a crown jewel to my collection. A crown jewel because the best will be a model to end all models...i am going to convert my 89 firebird to K.I.T.T! Then I am going to over haul it and turn it into a drag racer. So in a few years (and 75k later) I will have a fully decked out K.I.T.T dragster, keep a so keep a look out. I will post my progress and photos as I get them!

brennan
Volunteer

Post by brennan » Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:44 pm

right first of all im sorry that it pi@@@ you off but the news came from the manchester model store DIRECT....when i came to order a second one they told me the news ..and they said that the news had only just come in...
ring for your self...

TMC The Model Centre Tel: 0161 202 9333
THEY WILL GIVE YOU THE DIRECT NUMBER

:twisted:
i have been on the list for some time and now they are taking NO ORDERS

OH BY THE WAY HAVE ANY OF YOU TRYED TO CONTACT ERTL ON THE SUBJECT BECAUSE THE WONT TAKE TIME OUT TO ANSWER E MAILS THEY JUST TELL YOU TO FIND OUT THROUGH MODEL SHOPS

IF ANY OF YOU ORDER OF EBAY I THINK YOU ARE CRAZY..
I HOPE WHAT I HAVE BEEN TOLD TURNS OUT TO BR FALSE I REALLY DO BUT DONT TAKE ANY CHANCES.......
AND THATS ALL I AM GONNA SAY ON THE MATER

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:55 pm

brennan wrote: right first of all im sorry that it pi@@@ you off but the news came
from the manchester model store DIRECT....when i came to order
a second one they told me the news ..and they said that the
news had only just come in... ring for your self...

TMC The Model Centre Tel: 0161 202 9333
THEY WILL GIVE YOU THE DIRECT NUMBER

:twisted:
For those outside the UK, dial the international access code then, 44 161 202 9333 . . .

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:35 pm

Alright.. Lets just wait and see if the news is really official.. It cld just be rumours..

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:50 pm

Why not just call diecastmuscle.com at 1-888-429-3958 - Toll Free in the USA and ask them? Surely they would know since they are selling the models.

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:18 pm

They would email me if the models were cancelled because i preordered the model from them... Lets just wait and see..

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:15 pm

Its already been a week... Still no news from ERTL abt cancelling the line.. So I suppose the 1/18 KITT model will still be released in October.. I really can't wait for it..

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:43 pm

Hollywood-diecast.com has posted pics of the tooling model for the 1/18 scale KITT model from ERTL RC2....The model looks really good even though its unpainted.. Take a look under the hood!!! From the pics, the model will definitely have the 2-tv dash from seasons 1 and 2. I can hardly wait for this model to be released.. Hope to see the painted version of the car soon...

Credits to hollywood-diecast.com for the pics. Here they are!!!!

Last edited by imranbecks on Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:51 pm

Fabulous!!! The detail is exquisite!! Look at that engine bay, everything is reproduced with accurate detail! Even if the prototype is unpainted, it still looks awesome! I can't wait to see the painted model. It seems that they used the 2-TV version, cool!! This is indeed a dream come true!

pewter 02ws6
Operative

Post by pewter 02ws6 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:19 am

very cool find imranbecks.thanks for finding and posting the pics.i really can't wait to get my hands on one of these.

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:21 pm

Thanks for finding the pics Imran. I'm not entirely keen on this model to be honest. Not saying its rubbish, just not quite right. I can't understand why the gullwing looks so flat and tall. The engine bay looks the business, but theres little bits of detailing that bug me. Maybe it'll look better in reality and painted, but the stance of the car from the side profile looks to high....but that could easily be due to those prop wheels. However one thing does really bug me. Its a season 1 car, so where are the indentations to show the cutouts on the nose cone. Its on the model kit, so why not here.

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:27 pm

and what's that big circle in the middle of the steering wheel? i hope that's not the Knight emblem cos that's not where it's meant to be.

however, i am impressed so far, especially with the little dash features.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:57 pm

...I think thats the joint by which the steering wheel rotate. Skav, what dash features do you mean?

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:06 pm

lol, ok, i know there's not a lot of features on there yet but i do like the little buttons...it's so lifelike to the series and they got the position of them spot on...even the buttons in the middle of the two seats is very good.

the voice modulator is where it should be too...a lot of companies screw these things up...namely Corgi who happened to put even the steering wheel upside down. :roll:

I got a feeling it's gonna be the best model yet, however, it does look like a season 4 car from the front.

but it's not been finished yet so we'll wait and see.

what are the holes on top of each head light?

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:49 pm

What I don't know is if the engine is really accurate. It looks sorta like a Crossfire V8 to me. Didn't KITT actually have a Knight Industries Turbine engine? And how would we know what that looked like? I mean I don't think they ever showed KITT's engine in any of the episodes...

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:57 pm

Hmmm.. Ok, maybe the car will look better once it is painted and lets not forget that these are just the prototype pics.. The stance of the car does look a bit too high from the side view.. I noticed that the first time I saw these pics too.. There will maybe be changes in the final product (for eg: the indentations to show the cutouts on the nose cone, the stance..etc)

Fuzziedice, if I'm not mistaken, we can see under KITT's hood (not sure if its clearly visible) when Michael opened it up in the season 2 episode Ring Of Fire.. Maybe we can compare the pics through that scene from that episode...

Regarding what Skav mentioned about the interior of the car, from the pics, its very hard to see how the interior would look like. The dash will definitely look better once it is painted.. On a model of this scale, I'm sure the dashboard/interior of the car will be very detailed... I'm hoping that some of the buttons will have tiny letterings on them such as "Turbo Boost" etc...

I have the Corgi KITT and I always thought something was wrong with how the steering wheel looked.. You are right Skav, it is upside down.. How weird...

This is a pic of the dashboard from the Corgi KITT...
Last edited by imranbecks on Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:32 pm

FuzzieDice wrote:What I don't know is if the engine is really accurate. It looks sorta like a Crossfire V8 to me. Didn't KITT actually have a Knight Industries Turbine engine?
The actual KITT used a Chevy 350 IIRC, replacing the stock Crossfire 305 V8. And KITT never had a turbocharger as suggested by the model. KITT was always run by a stock carburator.

Lots of inconsistencies we have seen so far, even though the model looks stunning at first glance. But it is a prototype, lots of changes can still make their way through before production of the actual model starts. I'm hoping that the model MAKES it to the mass market. Even with the errors in design, I would hate to hear later that it was cancelled.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:44 am

HondaSiR: I'm talking about what Universal says KITT's engine is in the KR show - for the show it was said KITT had a "Knight Industries Turbojet with modified afterburners" (for the story that is, not speaking of real life actual screen-used cars).

imranbecks: Now I can't wait until Season 2 comes out. :)