Knight Rider Legacy Discussion Thread

Archive for discussions from 2002. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

mbetanco12
Stranger

The Knight Rider Legacy book saga

Post by mbetanco12 » Sat Sep 14, 2002 9:26 pm

I am somewhat upset about what is happening with the book. I am not taking sides for I have no room to talk. I have known about this site since it first started and obviously about all the misunderstanding that have been going on.
Going back to the book. I ordered the book and had finish reading it and it is sad to not be able to talk about the book but instead watching the rating going up on the conflict which I won't contribute.
I sincerely hope this situation comes to an end soon for those who anxiously waited for the book.
Best of luck,

Martin

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sat Sep 14, 2002 9:48 pm

Adam, because they are personal feelings I don't think we should get into the details leading up to my decision not to work on the book. I'll say this much: it was not a matter of pride, it was a matter of principle. Whether intentional or not, you seem to be suggesting that I was somehow obligated to work on the book or that I owed it to the community. I don't see it that way at all.

As far as my own website is concerned, the silliness of the webboard over the summer has sucked the energy out of me and I admit I've lost some motivation. It will come back.

Mike

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

Post by Centaurus17 » Sat Sep 14, 2002 9:54 pm

Mike, I appreciate you letting the rest of the board in on the details of this matter.

I have to tell you, it makes me extremely angry to see a blatant copyright infringement such as that.

I myself was going to order a copy of this book, but i guess i will wait for this whole situation to end.

I wish you a lot of luck on this matter Mike, and i hope everything works out for you.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sat Sep 14, 2002 9:56 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KFCreator:
<STRONG>I do think it was fair of you to let Joe and Richie re-word the parts of the book in question though, but I still question your original motives for not helping them when they came to you.
</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some follow-up comments:

I have no authority over the book to "let" the authors reword the book. They can do whatever they like WITH THEIR OWN WRITING. I am not granting permission for them to do a rewrite, I'm simply asking that the final version does not include the material I wrote.

I also want to add that my lack of involvement with the book did not hinder its initial release in any way. Agreeing to assist may have been a goodwill gesture towards the authors, but not to the Knight Rider community.

Mike

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

What's everyone's favourite dash?

Post by Centaurus17 » Sat Sep 14, 2002 10:19 pm

Hehe, nice idea March.

I'd have to say season 4 as well. Good Luck with the replica. Maybe you can drive it to New Hyde Park over here when youre finished with it. Hehe

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sat Sep 14, 2002 10:25 pm

Season 2. I woulda gone for the first season dash had it not been for the boring, average square voice modulator.

Skav

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Sun Sep 15, 2002 4:37 am

Hang on didn't the square box get changed to the 3 line equaliser that we all know of, half way through season 1.

Anyway, season 3/4 dashes looked more realistic with the type of lights and LED used but I do have a soft spot for the first dash after its addition of the 3 line voice box. The 2 TV's just wins it for me. I also like the way the sculpting of that area, neatly houses the TV's and the 4 buttons underneath (power and 3 modes).

Sarfraz

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Sun Sep 15, 2002 11:48 am

Season 4

K.I.T.T

Johnathan Kent
Rookie

the book

Post by Johnathan Kent » Sun Sep 15, 2002 4:07 pm

Mike and Joe,
I am asking as a Moderator of several groups I know what it's like to want to use your moderator skills to further your own cause. But as a fan, I know the harm that the fact that a lot of fans(includes myself) have waited for something like the Knight Rider Legacy book to come available. And for you and Richie and Joe to not resolve this hurts ALL of us. I'm beggin that you 3 can resolve this. I know not to many people like Richie on this board but for the sake of fans like myself and others please resolve this, because Like the band Styx, You may find people leaving something they love. The reason why I bring up Styx is because the band was sued a few years ago but they agreed to settle with Dennis Deyoung for the SAKE OF THE FANS who love their music. We love Knight Rider and so I am asking that you three resolve this or else people like me may leave

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

the book

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sun Sep 15, 2002 4:35 pm

Edward, the problem HAS been resolved. My material is in their book. It is going to be removed. That process takes time.

Mike

KITT
FLAG Assistant

the book

Post by KITT » Sun Sep 15, 2002 5:12 pm

why do you have to be so picky...

KITT

Johnathan Kent
Rookie

the book

Post by Johnathan Kent » Sun Sep 15, 2002 5:15 pm

Thanks MIke. How long will this "process" take?

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

the book

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sun Sep 15, 2002 5:23 pm

At this point it is completely out of my hands. The authors need to make the appropriate corrections to the book. That could happen tomorroow, next week, or next month. I am not involved with that process.

Mike

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

the book

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sun Sep 15, 2002 5:30 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michael Pajaro:
<STRONG>That could happen tomorroow, </STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tomorroow?! See what all this stress is doing to me? [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Mike

knightshade
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightshade » Sun Sep 15, 2002 6:33 pm

I have been gone so I've missed a lot of this, but I would just like to say that a lot of the arguments I'm hearing are basically some version of 'the ends justify the means.' I know a lot of people are very anxious to get their hands on the book, but does that desire to have the book make it right to let someone's hard work be stolen?

Johnathan Kent
Rookie

the book

Post by Johnathan Kent » Sun Sep 15, 2002 6:42 pm

Thanks Michael for trying to resolve this instead of letting it sit and fester(oh wait is Fester one of the Addams family?LOL)Anway is Joe allowed to post here?

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

the book

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sun Sep 15, 2002 6:46 pm

Not only is Joe "allowed" to post here, he is encouraged to do so. He is now and always has been free to post on this board. Although he has been a regular member for some time, he never was much of a "very frequent" poster (in terms of posting messages on a daily basis) so I think we can expect him to continue to post with a similar frequency. I'm sure he will be checking in from time to time to update us.

Mike

Johnathan Kent
Rookie

the book

Post by Johnathan Kent » Sun Sep 15, 2002 6:50 pm

One more question about the book....When it does come available again, will it be available at like Barnes & Noble and places like that?

Charles Edward Untz III

nawdle88
Recruit

Post by nawdle88 » Sun Sep 15, 2002 7:00 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sarfraz:
<STRONG>Hang on didn't the square box get changed to the 3 line equaliser that we all know of, half way through season 1.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, indeed it did sarfraz. In the episode "Hearts of Stone".

The Season 1/2 dash is my favorite.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

the book

Post by knightimmortal » Sun Sep 15, 2002 7:10 pm

Yes, as a matter of fact, if you check Barnes & Noble and Amazon.com, you will find that it is listed as 'Temporarily Out of Stock'

knightimmortal

Skav
FLAG Operative

the book

Post by Skav » Sun Sep 15, 2002 7:24 pm

And there I was about to buy the book and this happened(which is fair)....and now, I've ordered myself some Slipknot books as a substitute...LOL!!!!!

Skav

KRAvenger
Rookie

the book

Post by KRAvenger » Sun Sep 15, 2002 11:51 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michael Pajaro:
<STRONG>

Tomorroow?! See what all this stress is doing to me? [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Mike</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WHaaat? is your hair falling out?

Smoothy
Rookie

the book

Post by Smoothy » Mon Sep 16, 2002 8:33 am

Good thing the book is coming back, at last. Obviously the material shouldn't have been based on someone else's writings in the first place, or none of this would've happened. But at least the situation is resolved.

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Post by Knight2000 » Mon Sep 16, 2002 11:20 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Killer KITT:
<STRONG>

The Season 1/2 dash is my favorite.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd probably go for S1 but there were aspects of the S1 dash that I disliked and bits of the dash from other seasons that I DID like.

The main thing I didn't really like about the S1 dash was the white vertical lines on the part of the dash to the left of the gullwing steering wheel. And I prefer the 3-line box to the S1 version, along with the lights on either side of the voice mod. But I hated S3/4 Normal/Auto cruise and Pursuit lights above the gullwing. I also really hated S3/4 buttons as well as the lights on the gas pedal.

One thing I'm unsure of is about the overhead console in S3/4. In S1 (and probably 2) there was a numerical readout. Was this feature present in S3/4?

Well anyhoo, I prefer the S1 dash overall and have spent two weeks in CorelDRAW drawing it. Then, horror of horrors, CorelDRAW crashed whilst it was saving my work. I had to End Task it and now the file loads up blank. I know my drawings are still there coz the file size is 980kB+ even though the single page (I had 7 pages of drawings) loaded up blank. And it is such a f****ing p****take coz I spent all that time doing it, was almost finished (just had to draw in the dash casing that holds the whole dash display).

I am so f****ing annoyed and I just can't be ar*ed to start from scratch so I've given up. I've lost all desire, hope and motivation. The only thing that cheered me up slightly is a KR ep that may contain a scene I was looking for a while back. See some other post.

PS Apologies for the self-censored profanities.

JL
Operative

Post by JL » Mon Sep 16, 2002 2:44 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Knight2000:
<STRONG>One thing I'm unsure of is about the overhead console in S3/4. In S1 (and probably 2) there was a numerical readout. Was this feature present in S3/4?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The numerical readout was part of a larger thing that hung off of KITT's ceiling; it was there during at least the first half of S1; it had a few numerical readouts and a bunch of LED indicators.

It was definitely gone by the beginning of S2, replaced by the buttons on the crossbar for the T-tops, and a row of buttons where Michael's flip-down sun visor would have been in a normal T/A.

Sorry to hear about your CorelDraw dash. Hope you're able to recreate it soon. [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]

Edit: D'oh! I forgot to put down my response to the topic. I liked the S3/S4 dash best; I think the greater variation in LED colors helped. Still can't figure out where the SPM/EBS buttons are, though! [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[ September 16, 2002: Message edited by: JL ]