How did Michael know all of Kitt's button's?

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Knight2000 » Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:47 am

Remember the Pilot? How 'bout the scene where Michael goes down the stairs, with Devon trying to keep up. Michael gets into the car...

Michael: I'm a fast study. I'll pick things up as I go along

Besides, if I pressed a button that made my car jump, I doubt I'd forget about it in a hurry. Using it virtually all the time would mean that it would eventually be built in the Michael's mind. If he wanted to turbo boost, he could press the button like a reflex action.

Other buttons would probably take a little time to learn.

The four red buttons [power, normal, auto, pursuit] would probably be easy to remember since they were different to the others.

But I agree with Knight of Sweden. It'd be pretty hard to remember many key combinations for each function, especially since I would be used to the one-button-for-one-function feature of KITT.

And like Knicks was saying, you don't know how long there was between the Pilot and the first ep, or indeed between any of the eps.

As a for hotkey for turbo boost, it would be useless IMO. It doesnt take much to extend you finger to press a button. A hotkey for Auto Cruise? Didn't MK usually do this by telling KITT to take over and usually pressing the Auto Cruise button anyway? :shock:

82TransAm
Recruit

Post by 82TransAm » Fri Apr 02, 2004 5:55 pm

SwEeTiNsAnItY wrote: lol maybe... :P

In KITT vs KARR, right after KARR said "manual override," he told John to press turbo boost. When he didn't obey right away, KARR said "Press it" all ominously so he did and then they flew though the back of the semi. But if KARR could've just turbo boosted on his own why'd he have John press the button? There are so many instances of contradictions in the show that you just kinda have to accept things as they are.
But in KvK KARR was not up to his old self so perhaps at that point in time he still need human interaction to engage his systems.

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:35 pm

Knight2000 wrote:And like Knicks was saying, you don't know how long there was between the Pilot and the first ep, or indeed between any of the eps.
The books help stitch together the first few episodes. As I recall, there really was no long term lapse between episodes. But, in the show, there's little more then the occasional 'Michael Knight didn't exist up until bla year(s) ago' bit to show how time passes.

zowow
Stranger

Post by zowow » Sat Apr 03, 2004 2:28 pm

If you remember KARR could not engage all systems until that cable on the passenger side was reconnected :D

REVENGE_OF_K.A.R.R.
Volunteer

Post by REVENGE_OF_K.A.R.R. » Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:29 pm

The little, "door" on the steering wheel is where the battery access was to light up the green area in the handle...

S I M O N