How does Kitt get down?

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Slammin' Sammy
Stranger
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

How does Kitt get down?

Post by Slammin' Sammy » Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:23 pm

In the episode "a good Knights work", I always wondered and speculated as to how he gets down from Zachery's Apartment building. I mean, he can't turbo boost back to the other building. How does he get back down?
Any Ideas or theories out there guys?
K.i.t.t. doesn't even know how he is going to get down.

growup
Recruit

Post by growup » Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:15 pm

I always wondered about things like that. Let's face it, if anything even remotely like that happened in real life it would be all over the national and international news. Even the bad guys watch television. There would be no more element of surprise for KITT and Michael. To my knowledge they never bothered to change Kitt's license plate. It's just one of those things you aren't supposed to notice or care about when you suspend belief. If you believe what your watching can exist you should believe all the bad guys are idiots and never communicate with each other.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:55 pm

(insert creepy campfire music here)

There are those who believe... the black car is still up in that apartment... Legend has it...on a quiet night... when the moon is full... if you listen carefully you can hear the faint rumble of the engine as it rolls back and forth... back and forth... looking for a way to escape....

(end creepy music)

We don't know how KITT got down. Some past theories have included cranes, helicopters, or just letting KITT fall to the street below.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Knight Industries 3000
Operative

Post by Knight Industries 3000 » Tue Mar 30, 2004 5:00 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:We don't know how KITT got down. Some past theories have included cranes, helicopters, or just letting KITT fall to the street below.
I vote for the crane option.

growup
Recruit

Post by growup » Tue Mar 30, 2004 5:16 pm

I like the response. It's just damm funny.

kido
Operative

Post by kido » Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:04 pm

I think we had a simular post here. :?
Knight Industries Defence One

ramon88us
FLAG Recruit

Post by ramon88us » Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:08 pm

Umm yes there has been a topic like this before already.

Slammin' Sammy
Stranger

How does kitt get down?

Post by Slammin' Sammy » Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:40 pm

well, I'm new here at this site and I didn't know you's already had this topic before, just wanted to stir you up a little. I like the creepy music response that was funny. See, Bonnie had to come and take him apart piece by piece and then reasemble him again. LOL.
I also liked it when you said we just let him fall to the ground. LOL.
I hope he can fall that far. He should be able to, after all he's indestructable right? Unless, he gets lowered into a toxic waste pitt. Then he's completly destroyed, hmmmm.

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Re: How does kitt get down?

Post by jup » Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:30 am

Slammin' Sammy wrote:He should be able to, after all he's indestructable right?
Yes. We've seen this question come up, recently. In fact, it's a question that shows up every few months in one form or another.

I've always favored the notion that KITT used the winch to get down. After all, KITT was never 'indestructable'. Far tougher then any other automobile, that's for sure. But, he was never that tough. In fact, KITT even hints at the possibility of not coming out undamaged in another episode. (The one where Michael is out cold as the bad guys try to get rid of him by coasting KITT off a cliff. Can't recall the episode name.)

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Re: How does kitt get down?

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:53 am

jup wrote:(The one where Michael is out cold as the bad guys try to get rid of him by coasting KITT off a cliff. Can't recall the episode name.)
"A Plush Ride". KITT was facing a 456 meter cliff, which would be a far cry from a fall from a 4-story window.

KARR Engineer
FLAG Recruit

Post by KARR Engineer » Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:28 am

I thought that FLAG would of hired a helicopter to get KITT down. (ramp attached on ropes)

Knightwolf
Volunteer

Post by Knightwolf » Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:20 pm

That was a decent sized apartment, if they could get KITT turned around perhaps they would be able to get enough speed, which would allow them to turbo back onto the parking garage roof.

Knightwolf

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:24 pm

Knightwolf wrote:That was a decent sized apartment, if they could get KITT turned around perhaps they would be able to get enough speed, which would allow them to turbo back onto the parking garage roof.

Knightwolf
Let us not forget that just moments before, KITT declairs that the jump from the parking lot would be setting a new jump record. (Unless I'm confusing my scenes...and I don't think I am on this one.) So, there's no way he's matching the distance from a near stand still.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:39 pm

jup wrote: Let us not forget that just moments before, KITT declairs that the jump from the parking lot would be setting a new jump record. (Unless I'm confusing my scenes...and I don't think I am on this one.)
Sorry, nope. It's in KITTnap that KITT mentions setting a new record.

82TransAm
Recruit

Post by 82TransAm » Fri Apr 02, 2004 6:01 pm

He could have TB out of there with no problem, i mean, the place was already destroyed so the force of a TB would not really make much more of a mess. As long as there were no human occupents in him, I am sure the car would have survived any impact. However the ground below him and any objects he smashed into on the way down would be toast.

Dome
Rookie

Post by Dome » Mon Apr 05, 2004 5:54 am

There exists lots of such questions.

for e.g.: Where would be the outcomming SPM parts during normal cruise? I mean there would be enough space to hide all those parts in the car.

but , this is Knight Rider, and I love it