What got you into KR?

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

ramon88us
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

What got you into KR?

Post by ramon88us » Mon Dec 01, 2003 10:43 pm

What got me into Knight Rider was that my brother would watch it since he was born 5 years before me and knew what it was then I would watch it with him. A lot of people of my age dont know what Knight Rider is,and I see that there are some people around my age.

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Mon Dec 01, 2003 10:53 pm

I saw it on TV one night and felll in love, it was just (really) good luck for me. I am very glad I did! I have 8 tapes full right now, but only SP so only around 2 per tape :( Oh well, at least ti is staying on TheNewVR (for the time bing) I just hope that it stays. But its not so great I miss shows, sometimes it is every other, then sometimes every 4th, I miss all the good ones, Trust Doesn't Rust... etc, etc, etc! But I just saw KITT vs. KARR. LOL it was cool!.

Benjamin Knight
:spm:

ramon88us
FLAG Recruit

Post by ramon88us » Mon Dec 01, 2003 10:59 pm

No one in school seems to know what is Knight Rider.

The Real Michael Knight
Operative
Location: Championing the cause of the innocent, the helpess, the powerless

Post by The Real Michael Knight » Mon Dec 01, 2003 10:59 pm

I fell in love with Knight Rider when I was just a little kid. The concept and story of the show was way ahead of its time. I remember first watching it when it was in syndication in the late 80's. I've been a KR fan most of my life.

ramon88us
FLAG Recruit

Post by ramon88us » Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:01 pm

Your age explains it.

The Real Michael Knight
Operative
Location: Championing the cause of the innocent, the helpess, the powerless

Post by The Real Michael Knight » Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:07 pm

Well its nice to see people of the newer generation that like Knight Rider. I did hear that many kids today think KR is pretty lame. Meh, kids these days like to use as little of their brains as possible.

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:35 pm

I don't exactly know. I just found myself watching it. Must have been something my dad always turned on and I got interested because of the talking car. He always said that's why I had to see it come on.

As a result of remembering it being something from childhood, I found it on Sci-Fi last spring and got to know what it was. I watched several episodes and learned what that show was all about. It was very interesting to see how all this stuff started. Helps the show make more sense.

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Tue Dec 02, 2003 12:01 am

When I was a kid I only got to watch one show a night since our family only had one TV at the time, which was KR. I started watching the show because it had my Dad's car at the time in it, he had a black 1982 Firebird S/E which he swore talked but felt shy around me and kept quiet. 4 year old will believe anything I guess :) I followed the show during its original run from season 2 onward and loved every minute of it.

When it went into syndication in the late 80's I got to catch up on the first season stuff I was too young to have seen or remember.
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

KARR 2000
Rookie

Post by KARR 2000 » Tue Dec 02, 2003 7:43 am

I started watching it when I was about 5 on an austrian television. ORF or something like that. I didn"t know what was it about but it liked KITT.
So...... I have no idea what to write here.

KnightRider2000
Operative

What got me into Knight Rider

Post by KnightRider2000 » Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:32 pm

When Knight Rider first came on Sci-Fi i watched the very first episode. I then got hooked and decided just to watch the part 2 of knight of the pheonix, but it was just so addicting (espessially turbo boost) i just had to watch and loved an ending when the car jumped over something, the theme song played, and micael saved the day again.
-KnightRider2000

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:37 pm

well i do have a friend at school that loves knight rider as much as i do. anyway i was 9years old and it was a day that us students had a day off from school and it was about 9:15 and was just flipping through the channels and i saw tv program that had never seen before. so i started to watch more of it and i just fell i love with the show. and since that day i have never missed an episode of knight rider on tv. thats how my got into it. im glad that i had a off from school that day or i would not know knight rider today.

Allen
Volunteer

Post by Allen » Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:37 pm

Wow, all the posters here in this thread are making me feel OLD!

I watched it when I was 12 when the show was new. I was getting heavily into cars at the time, and I was very interested in technology, and thought KR was a wonderful show, for any and all of the reasons that have already been mentioned. I kept with the show throughout its run, but started missing episodes in the last season. I thought SPM was cool, but I didn't see the reason for RC3. I thought RC3 was an unneeded addition to the "family" of Devon, KITT, Michael and Bonnie.

I started catching episodes of KR when it was shown on USA during the early/mid 90s, and was surprised at how the show had "changed." I still enjoyed it, but it seemed to be aging badly.

Since I found KR on scifi when I lost my job in May, I've been watching it every day til now. And since it doesn't look like it's coming back after January, as soon as the BG marathon's over, I'll be taping every ep I can. Which is what I should have done with Incredible Hulk, since that show's gone now too.

allen
http://www.allensedge.com

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:21 pm

Let me make you feel better Allen...

I was 14 when Knight Rider started. Cars... computers... what more could an 80s teen ask for?!
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

ramon88us
FLAG Recruit

Post by ramon88us » Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:27 pm

I see that other 3 people in this thread are around my age.

KnightGoddess
Recruit

Post by KnightGoddess » Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:44 pm

I was about six when I started watching Knight Rider It's was oneof the only show me & my little brothers agreed on I don't really remember why I started waching it being i was soo young all I know is I fell in love with it as a kid and still love it til this day :D

Cougar
Rookie

Post by Cougar » Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:51 pm

I was just channel surfing and came across a cool looking show. I started watching and I was hooked. I was mad when WB took it off. But not too long after Sci-Fi put it on. Now they are taking it off. (Go figure) I know how you feel Ramon. No one in my school watches Knight Rider either.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:12 pm

When I was a small kid I used to watch it.I must have been 5 years old when I remembered it because I was born April of 82.I caught it on channel 9.Thought it was a cool car with a cool guy driving it.Then I learned about the story at age 13 after it was taken off the aire and reruns I couldn't believe the Michael Knight Part of the storyline.I only saw kitt vs karr 5 times and when I saw trust doesn't rust the second half (I only saw the last half) I was so shocked to know karr was there in another episode.I loved the whole Michael/Garth saga too.I also loved the soul part of the show.It always showed that one man truely can make a difference.I see that everywhere I look nowadays.

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:05 am

i don't remember what *exactly* got me into knight rider, but i think it had something to do with my parentals.
they found it on tv and said my sister used to watch it.. i dont remember if i was a fan of david before or after i saw the series. i think i was after, and they wanted to watch it cause they watched it with my sister when it ran on NBC and thought i'd be interested in it.

KITT
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:52 am

Cougar wrote:I was just channel surfing and came across a cool looking show. I started watching and I was hooked. I was mad when WB took it off. But not too long after Sci-Fi put it on. Now they are taking it off. (Go figure) I know how you feel Ramon. No one in my school watches Knight Rider either.

Three is a company, Same here, no body has even heard of Knight Rider at my school either! :( Well maybe a few, but I am yet to find them. I'll get some new fans with my persentation in the morning... Wish me luck.... We could have 25 new members! That was a joke, I would bet my bottom dollar that we would get no more then one from my class! And they wouldn't have seen the show! :shock: :? lol

Benjamin Knight
:spm:

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:52 am

A friend from school told me about it. Eric Wiles was his name. I checked it out and instantly fell in love. I haven't watched much of it on Sci Fi channel really. Knowing I don't have my Trans-am at the moment depresses me when I see Kitt. Im doing a replica with it. Also im focused on the future of the franchise with the movie instead of watching the older one's now. I still love it though.

Cougar
Rookie

Post by Cougar » Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:05 pm

Here is an idea Ben, take the BEST KR episode you can find and show the class! If the teacher will let you. *shrugs shoulders* Just an idea. Good luck!

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:10 pm

Yeah!!

Show 'em "KITT vs KARR," if the awesome sight of 2 T/As fighting in the desert doesn't hook 'em, ain't nuthing that will :)
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:34 pm

Well, out of the youngsters...I seem to have watched it the longest. When I was 4, my mom would watch it, i blew it off. 2 or 3 years later, when it was on, I gave it another try and I was hooked. ANd the channel canceled it. Then CHicago's WGN picked it up when I was 10 at 10AM, i had my mom taping episodes since I was at school. And then, WGN canceled it. ANd finally, lo and behold, it was on Sci Fi, after school-and I have been thoroughly enjoying it. Alas...they are scrapping it as well :'(
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:43 am

i watched it on WGN too. and USA. and Sci-Fi.

KITT
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ramon88us
FLAG Recruit

Post by ramon88us » Thu Dec 04, 2003 6:59 pm

Actually me and my brother used to watch on wgn as well when there was no school. That was when I first saw it. But it used to come out in the mornings which I was in school and so was my brother. This was around like in 1997.