Which season opening sequence?

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Which season opening sequence was the best?

Season 1
7%
Season 2
21%
Season 3
29%
Season 4
43%

Total votes: 14

Arjun
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Which season opening sequence?

Post by Arjun » Thu Nov 20, 2003 6:47 am

Here's an odd poll. Not which season, or season opener, but which season opening sequence was the best?

Season 1 started with KITT running in from the desert, then a view of the characters from that little screen, Not really impressive, but good, for this was its first season.

Season 2 has a view of all the characters, screen size, and a lot more of them. Not to mention 8 turbo boosts, one after another. But I've neer been one of April's biggest fans.

Season 3 has an old favourite of ours returning. Instead of so many t-boosts, we have a crash-through, then a bullet run. Nothing very special about this.

Season 4 shows the C-mode in the post-Juggernaut episodes. Not to mention a few clips of Reginald. Alos shows a bomb run. Ends with the SPM sequence.

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:46 pm

I like the third one best of all. Nothing wrong with the others, they all gotta be different as they produce different episodes. The first one is just clips of the pilot except when they cast Patricia McPherson as Bonnie Barstow. That's just a clip from the first time you see her in DEADLY MANUEVERS. I like the second one, but that's not my favorite season. I felt like it was a major improvement the first time I saw it on GOLIATH this summer. The third seems to be the one that portrays the typical stuff you would think of when Knight Rider comes to mind. The fourth one is okay. But it is showing all the stuff that happens late in the show. Like Super Pursuit mode and RC3 being a new cast member.

Nexus
Recruit

Post by Nexus » Thu Nov 20, 2003 6:32 pm

I always thought the turbo boost sequence from season 2 was a bit excessive. I actually liked how we saw clips on the monitor from the first season's opener, especially the one of KITT driving at night (view from a helicopter, I think).

Didn't the opening theme music change slightly in season 3 or 4?

The Real Michael Knight
Operative
Location: Championing the cause of the innocent, the helpess, the powerless

Post by The Real Michael Knight » Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:47 pm

Been quite a while since I've seen the season 2-3-4 openers. I do remember that every season did open with that little scene in the desert. And in the earlier seasons the title "Knight Rider" was on the top, in the latter seasons it was on the bottom. And I think they added more sound effects too. Like you could hear KITT's sensor sweep, and the MPH counter ticks when it would rise. Thats all I seem to recall from my memory. But anyway, season 1 had a good opener. I did notice that there were subtle changes, since I'm taping the episodes I noticed the more recent episodes seem to have a more brighter opener, in the earlier episodes, it was much darker. I like the darker look better. Also I noticed in the most recent episode that aired on sci-fi "Forget Me Not". Wilton Knight's voice seems a bit more "thunderous" and powerful, or has a slight echo feel to it. Yes, I'm usually the kind of guy who notices these little things.

MKnightRider82
Rookie

Post by MKnightRider82 » Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:55 pm

It doesn't really matter to me, but I'll just say out of the 4- the third one is the best. The first one just shows scenes from the pilot probably to save money. It started out as a TV movie. I guess they decided to just use that same opening throughout the rest of the season. They all are pretty good to me.

The Real Michael Knight
Operative
Location: Championing the cause of the innocent, the helpess, the powerless

Post by The Real Michael Knight » Thu Nov 20, 2003 8:36 pm

Hey, I was wondering if anyone noticed this, if you watch the season 1 opener when it first shows the dash, in KITT's voice box it says "KNIGHT 2000".

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:25 pm

The music did change a little, and in the last couple of 4th season the music change a little too... The music changed thoughout the series, it had to find the older music and stuff, :( I must keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep looking, If anyone knows of a Knight Rider site with early knight Rider music, do tell :o :D I have checked all the sites, plus rampet searching! The KR multimedia site is good but no first season music, or BACKGROUND music, what I really want! :roll: In the perfect world!

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:52 pm

I'll be the first to say i preferred the season 4 opener. the end footage of SPM always gets me psyched!!!

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Fri Nov 21, 2003 9:43 am

Well as anyone would know who knows me, i would have to say season 4, just for the SPM bits!!! ahhhh i can hear them popping out now....

Nick

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Fri Nov 21, 2003 11:36 am

Yeah, it is interesting how they have Super Pursuit Mode the last year. But that is just a late show gimmick. I prefer the beginning that shows the typical Knight Rider. Michael Knight when everyone knows him and Bonnie when she's there to stay.

nivek
FLAG Recruit

Post by nivek » Fri Nov 21, 2003 12:18 pm

the 2ed one no the 3ed no the 4th ah i don't know all of them are good