Best Season

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Which season did you think was the best?

Season 1 (1982-1983)
16%
Season 2 (1983-1984)
28%
Season 3 (1984-1985)
48%
Season 4 (1985-1986)
8%

Total votes: 25

ColeGrad01
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Best Season

Post by ColeGrad01 » Sun Nov 16, 2003 2:52 am

Here are all the seasons of the show. Tell me which one you think showed the best episodes.

MKnightRider82
Rookie

Post by MKnightRider82 » Sun Nov 16, 2003 3:36 am

I would have to say that the third season is the best. The first is just getting the show started. The second is a time when we have an alternative character who doesn't last. And the fourth is when the show is dying. I like it when Bonnie is around and there to stay.

The Real Michael Knight
Operative
Location: Championing the cause of the innocent, the helpess, the powerless

Post by The Real Michael Knight » Sun Nov 16, 2003 5:00 am

Season 1 had some pretty good episodes, "Trust Doesn't Rust" is among my favorite. I haven't seen season 2 episodes in so long, I can't make a judgement there. Now season 3 I would have to say was among my favorite. "Knight of The Drones" we saw KITT somewhat destroyed, the return of Bonnie (yay!) also. "Junkyard Dog" and "KITT vs. KARR" are some of my other favorites for that season too. Season 4, yes, as MKR82 pointed out was when the show was dying. Though it did have a couple of good episodes, "Killer KITT" and "The Scent of Roses", did anyone here know that Dave wanted the series to end with "The Scent of Roses" and not that crappy "Voo Doo Knight" ep? Personally, I agree with Dave on that one.

Jake
Recruit

Post by Jake » Sun Nov 16, 2003 5:35 am

I prefer Season 3 simply because episodes like Knight of the Drones, Junkyard Dog and the Rotten Apples plus the Ice Bandits are included. Those episodes I just mentioned are among my favorite episodes of the whole Knight Rider series.

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Sun Nov 16, 2003 8:12 am

Everybody seems to think that the third season is the best. That's the one I always thought was. It is the typical KNIGHT RIDER deal. First one just starts everything as fourth one just ends everything. And the second one is not the way it is throughout. Plus, I thought most of the really good episodes were on when Bonnie returned.

JL
Operative

Post by JL » Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:36 am

I've got to go with Season 2, just to liven things up. While not having Bonnie around hurt it, a number of the episodes more than make up for it... "Goliath" and "Goliath Returns," "Soul Survivor," "A Good Knight's Work," "Knightmares," and even "Mouth of the Snake" wasn't that bad. ;)

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Sun Nov 16, 2003 3:44 pm

Hard one! I really I am really not sure. Most likely 3rd they had a lot good ones! The forth season wasn't the greatest,but I loved SPM,but hated "c" mode lol

sofchance
Rookie

Post by sofchance » Sun Nov 16, 2003 7:01 pm

I liked the third season best - not just because of Bonnie or because it's "better than the others" but because it has the harder stories in the series - episodes about drug dealers and weapons smugglers and such.

The first season was great but even for a huge KR fan like me, the episodes get tedious to watch. The second season had too many gadgets and some of the plots were weak. The fourth season got better as it went along but never really offered anything special (in terms of plots).

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:11 pm

sofchance wrote:I liked the third season best - not just because of Bonnie or because it's "better than the others" but because it has the harder stories in the series - episodes about drug dealers and weapons smugglers and such.

The first season was great but even for a huge KR fan like me, the episodes get tedious to watch. The second season had too many gadgets and some of the plots were weak. The fourth season got better as it went along but never really offered anything special (in terms of plots).
:D Well said! The first season was not too bad, the second I feel was rather weak and some of the shows just didn't cut it for me, I enjoyed most... I don't like Ring of Fire though... :? Just didn't seem right, maybe it was the Knight Girl, in that one... For me it seemed to be over before the plot really started... lol

Benjamin Knight
:spm:

nivek
FLAG Recruit

Post by nivek » Mon Nov 17, 2003 8:22 pm

i would have to say the 2ed one.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Mon Nov 17, 2003 8:38 pm

4th season. sorry but i think this season was the most fun, it did have a lot of good episodes and i am a fan of SPM. *runs*

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:09 pm

I was going to same 4th I love SPM... *Quickly hops in KITT and leaves at top SPM speeds* :shock:

Knicks4973
Operative

Post by Knicks4973 » Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:04 pm

I have to go with season 1.

I remember reading a post about this awhile ago, and someone wrote that the villians in season 1 were more realistic than in the other 3 seasons, which I totally agree with.

The first season is the ONLY season where KITT doesn't get destroyed or damaged. He does get reprogrammed, though, in an interesting twist.

All the other seasons the episodes seem repetitive, like racing, arms smuggling, Stevie, etc, while in season 1 everything was so fresh.

I do enjoy other episodes in other seasons, but I find season 1 to be my favorite.

Bonnie in season 1 was a lot cuter than in seasons 3 and 4. In those later seasons, she seems more grown up, while in season 1, she seems a lot younger.

Overall, the story lines in season 1, in my opinion, were more realistic than in seasons 2, 3 and 4.

KARR in season 1 was a nuscence, while in season 3 he was a villian.

Season 1 all the way. :D

CK
Operative

Post by CK » Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:52 am

Well now if I didn't say s4 several people would think I was sick or something ;) SPMMMMMMMM GO BABY GO!!!!! :mrgreen:

Cheri

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:33 am

well this is very hard for me. because all the villians in season 1 and 2 had the best villiansthat are the same that coming back a lot.but i'll have to season 3 without the villians any way. still made best dare episodes i've ever seen. the best episodes in season 3 is junk yard dog,kitt us karr knight in retreat,and the rest are the best. but i did'nt like the rotton apples episode every thing but that one episode is good.

Arjun
Operative

Post by Arjun » Wed Nov 19, 2003 6:15 am

I liked season 1, since it had strong stories, but some of them were too heavy. Not good for the younger audience, if KR was for them. Besides, there were far too many cosy scenes to add. I did not like that typical S1 episode ending, with the spoken like "Michael Knight...." Some of my favourites are Trust Doesn't Rust (the first episode that featured KARR), Inside Out (good story) and Knight Moves (a story on truckers).

Season 2 got rid of that ending, but there were problems. I did not like as many as 8 episodes, either boring, or plain dumb ("KITT the cat", "Blind Spot", "Return to Cadiz", "Ring of Fire", "Silent Knight", "White Line", "Race for life", "LET IT BE ME"). Everyone has a complaint about April. One can guess why. The better episodes were the intrduction and return(not so much) of Goliath and Mouth of the Snake (at least there was some action). Big Iron is a personal favourite.

Season 3 was good. Flat at first, but after Junk Yard Dog, some of the best KR episodes ever made followed. However, I did not like the season opener (found it too crude). The reintroduction of KARR was a good idea, but this was just not KARR!

Season 4 was full of action. KITT destroyed, then kidnapped, then on a plane, then the command truck getting hijacked, not to mention a magician who could even fool KITT!

Knicks4973
Operative

Post by Knicks4973 » Wed Nov 19, 2003 9:05 pm

I actually liked Return to Cadiz from season 2. I thought it had an interesting plot and a side plot of KITT driving on water. And an explanation why he didn't drive on water again, since the circuitry to do that was faulty and had to be rebuilt, but it never was.

To me, having April in season 2 gave KR a different flavor. And it made Bonnie in the rest of the series that more special. I think having Bonnie all 4 seasons would have made the series boring. A little mix-up in a series is not a bad thing.

devy
Stranger

Post by devy » Thu Nov 20, 2003 5:32 am

It is a tough choice but I´ll go for season 1.
Introduction of FLAG, Wilton Knight´s legacy, all the freshness and excitement between the characters, Bonnie shining like a diamond,K.A.R.R making it´s first appearance, great episodes (no big thing, chariot of gold, white bird etc.)... this is some of the very best KR stuff for me! As a big fan of mr. Devon Miles, I like the way he is heavily involved in many episodes of season 1. His charisma and enjoyable style really gets the show going.

knightdogg
Rookie

Post by knightdogg » Fri Nov 21, 2003 11:19 am

I have to go with Season 2 because of Goliath, Goliath Returns, Knightmares, A Good Knight's Work were all awesome episodes.

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Fri Nov 21, 2003 11:58 am

It's hard choice between season1 and 2 for me but I choose season2 as the best becouse then was the most memorable episodes Knightmares and Soul Survivor + many more great episodes and I like the music by Don Peake in season 2.

-KITTfan-