kitt vs other cars

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

nivek
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by nivek » Tue Oct 28, 2003 10:47 pm

what is mammoth car i never seen or heard a bout it?

Tony J Case
Recruit

Post by Tony J Case » Thu Oct 30, 2003 3:09 am

The Mammoth Car was from Speed Racer. It was owned by the nafarious gangster Crusher Block, who was using it as attempt to smuggle stolen gold out of The Country. It was heavily armed, was 500 feet long, could reach speeds of 300 miles an hour, was filled with motorcycle riding Ninjas and was made of solid gold.

Speed and the Mach V put Crusher in his place however, and the Mammoth Car was melted in a refinery fire.

Could the Mammoth Car beat Kitt? Not on it's best day and Kitt's worst. But I'm pretty sure it could take Goliath without too much difficulty.

-- addendum --

I've got a car that might be a match for Kitt, in a straight out race at least. One of the cars that Speed had to face was the GRX. The car went so fast that the drivers would start to hallucinate. They needed a special drug that would let them be able to handle the car.

Kitt may be fast, but so fast that it makes Michael start to trip out? Then again, it is a very silly anime series. . . .

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Thu Oct 30, 2003 1:28 pm

Concerning the Viper scenario. If KITT was hit wth the EMP and deactivated, this could serve as a problem. Do his doors lock? Cause if the doors do not autolock on shutdown, then Michael could be captured, or the Viper team could start disasembling KITT since he wouldn't be active to defend himself.

I agree with Jup. KITT would probably find the gateway to the Viper's remote systems and take control...unless there was a good encryption that KITT couldn't break. Not possible you say since KITT's state of the art. Anyone remember "Knight Behind Bars"? (KITT could access the prison data, but not update it).

Now, with the Viper's laser mounted on one of weapon pods or the driver (Cole or Astor) launched the probe and fired the Probe's laser at KITT's scanner, then KITT could be the loser depending on what systems were damaged.

As for MicroJamming the engine or brakes, those may or may not be modified for that. Remember KR2000, the cars in that had shields over the engines.

Though it would be hilarious to see the Viper extend one of its battering rams and ram KITT head on and see no damage. I can see the look on Cole,Astor, or Westlake's faces now. "What the..."

So, most likely KITT would win, but it's hard to say for sure.

Nick

ShadowConvoy
Recruit

Post by ShadowConvoy » Sun Nov 02, 2003 6:10 am

Here's a car everyone failed to mention. What about THE Car from the old movie "The Car". This devil possessed monstrocity could even give Christine a fun for her money it was bullet proof, driverless, and darn near indestructable. Not to mention it's main offensive weapon was to ram an opponent. No electronic gizmos to jam in this baby. To destry it they had to run it off a cliff and detonate high explsives at the bottom before having a rock slide bury the remains under tons of rock.

Now the Turbo interceptor form the movie "The Wraith" was another good not in the fact that it could destry kit [because it probaly couldn't] but in that IT was indestructible. It may may not have enough force to destry kit but it could keep coming back over and over again and possibly wear KITT down. it would either be a draw or a REALLY long battle.

Also some of you seemed to have forgotten [but a couple mentioned it earlier] that a well placed missile up the tail pipe can shut KITT down unless they hypotheticly came up with something to counter this.

Anyway The Car [and I still believe also KARR] only the only ones with the "kahuntas"[sp?] to take on KITT and win.

nivek
FLAG Recruit

Post by nivek » Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:56 pm

it would be a very long battle between those two but I still think kitt would come out on top of the heap.

and with mammoth car i think would most likely win between goliath but deponing on who is drive weather it would be a good fight are not.

ShadowConvoy
Recruit

Post by ShadowConvoy » Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:39 pm

Yeah but I'd like to see how KITT would beat "the devil" if he took on "The Car". Remember the Car has no circuits to damage and never needs to refuel. He even "turbo boosted" 3 or 4 feet off the ground and drove though the house without damage. I think KITT would win by outsmarting The Car. The Car was tough but apparently not very intelligent. It was more moody and animalistic in most ways.

nivek
FLAG Recruit

Post by nivek » Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:10 pm

ya it to seemed more like stupid KARR

ShadowConvoy
Recruit

Post by ShadowConvoy » Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:32 pm

Hey, I like KARR, but yes emotions can be your downfall.

KnightCrusader99
Operative

Post by KnightCrusader99 » Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:29 am

Hey how about KITT vs the Delorian from Back to the Future. All Doc and Marty would have to do is go back in time and make sure KITT is never built! Very little effort..... LOL (Will cause paradox thought, oh well we are talking fiction here....)

ShadowConvoy
Recruit

Post by ShadowConvoy » Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:56 am

However, that wouldn't be a true "competition" be tween the two cars. The true competion would be a race. The Delorean would always win because the Doc would always arrive at the destination before KITT.

nivek
FLAG Recruit

Post by nivek » Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:24 am

no that would be called cheating

ShadowConvoy
Recruit

Post by ShadowConvoy » Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:35 am

Well considering it is the only ability the Delorean has going for it what else would you expect?LOL
Besides in a race with any other car couldn't KITT's turbo boost or super pursuit mode be considered cheating as well? These cars are all in a league of there own. If they didn't have these special "advantages" then they would be just another car. :D :wink:

The Real Michael Knight
Operative
Location: Championing the cause of the innocent, the helpess, the powerless

Post by The Real Michael Knight » Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:59 am

Come on, we all know the only car up for a one-on-one match up with KITT is Knight Industries "The one, the only, the original, KARR". I just love that whole "brother Vs. brother" match up. And hey, KARR I think would be the most realistic match up between all the car's mentioned here. I mean KARR can do many things KITT can. I know he was destroyed but that was biassed story writing. lol

ShadowConvoy
Recruit

Post by ShadowConvoy » Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:11 am

Yes KARR is the only true equal of KITT but since we already covered him we are only left with what we can dreadge up. Besides still think that besides KARR, The Car would be the only vehicle to ever come close to a one on with KITT. Super Science versus Super Natural. Classic. :wink: :karr:

The Real Michael Knight
Operative
Location: Championing the cause of the innocent, the helpess, the powerless

Post by The Real Michael Knight » Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:25 am

Hey what about the Ecto-1 from Ghostbusters? lol Now THAT would be funny. Oh, not to get a bit off topic, but it does seem that the KARR voice display avatar is pretty popular among the members here. Heh

Nexus
Recruit

Post by Nexus » Thu Nov 13, 2003 5:34 am

Although it wouldn't be a match for KITT (more like a joke, actually), I loved that bad-ass SUV from Tango & Cash. Anyone remember this thing? My steel trap is rusty, but I think it was bulletproof, and it had a nice big gun that shot things up real good...can't remember any other specs. It was built by the film's equivalent of "Q" from the Bond films and had lots of gadgets. I'll have to catch this flick on cable sometime soon.

ShadowConvoy
Recruit

Post by ShadowConvoy » Fri Nov 14, 2003 11:36 pm

I don't remeber that vehicle though it's been a long time since I seen it. i thought the main characters were in jail during most of the movie. Oh, and "Real Michael Knight" I have KARR's avatar because KARR RULES! He answers to NO ONE!LOL

Evan
Stranger

Post by Evan » Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:36 am

You fools heard of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang?

No contest...

ramon88us
FLAG Recruit

Post by ramon88us » Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:42 am

Whoa this is the topic with the most topics I have seen before.

Evan
Stranger

Post by Evan » Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:45 am

isn't that wonderful, another post for Ramon88us. Well done.

Vchat20
Operative

Post by Vchat20 » Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:49 am

i must say there is probably no car that can beat KITT. only "vehicle" i can think of that could beat KITT is a Boeing 777, and even at that it would have to land on top of him with no landing gears as to crush him and make it impossible to maneuver as well.

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:28 pm

I just realized that the show has given up the answer, multiple times...

...the classic Fork Lift.

KARR Engineer
FLAG Recruit

Post by KARR Engineer » Sun Jan 04, 2004 11:29 am

There is a vehicle that could give KITT a VERY bad time - Goliath Mark III. GM3 for short is Goliath's all new face - and could be even more dangerous than before because of all-new functins and weaponry. GM3 has a engine like no other trucks - a redesigned turbine engine stolen from Knight Industries and could easily make KITT's body into a mess with the Hardened Frame Front (HFF). And of course GM3 sports the MBS, this time with no weak points. In it's outer shell. There is a way KITT could destroy it, but would he and Michael have enough time to find it before GM3 comes crashing into them?

Tony J Case
Recruit

Post by Tony J Case » Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:05 pm

The Real Michael Knight wrote:Hey what about the Ecto-1 from Ghostbusters? lol Now THAT would be funny.
Unless either the Ghostbusters were allowed to shoot back (and would even KITT's super hard shell stand up to 4 unliscened nuclear accelerators?) or we gace Ecto-1 the supernatural powers that it had in one of the early drafts of the first script, it would be a hands down victory for KITT. Ecto-1 didnt really have anything going for it.

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:38 pm

I have several answers for dealing with GM3.

1) Bonnie could release one of those "upgrades of the week"; a device that's similar to the oil slick, only it sprays out this highly advanced version of super glue. That way, KITT could lure GM3 onto a road's surface in a chase scene, spray this stuff all over the road and force GM3's tires to stick to the road until the friction level was too high.

2) (Taken from an idea used on a recent Smallville) KITT could (again) lure GM3 onto a road surface, use some SPM to gain some distance, then use some technique to super heat the road's surface into a traction unfriendly state, turning into more like quicksand that GM3's tires get stuck in.

3) Michael and KITT lure the truck into some sort of trap that it can't barge out of. (That scene from Goliath where they used, then blew up the mountain pass, feels like fair turn about for this trap. You know...drop a few tons on this truck in a stretch where it can't dodge/turn/speed up enough/slow down enough to dodge the attack.)

Of course, if Michael wanted to earn the show a PG13 rating, he could always just aim KITT's laser at the driver's seat of GM3 and fire, killing the driver. Way too easy, though.