What if you could change an episode of Knight Rider?

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

themarvelous3
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by themarvelous3 » Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:20 pm

i would have given them more money so they could have afforded to drive the actual KARR trans am off the cliff instead of using stock footage of some 70's car

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Mon Nov 10, 2003 4:12 pm

Now that themarvelous3 has posted something, this topic is now on a second page. Not saying they did something wrong, they didn't know that. But now some people won't see something I put on the first page. It is a Knight Rider story entitled "KNIGHT'S WAY TO HELL." Just ideas for an alternate episode. I would like for people to read it and if you care, let me know what you think about it. The only one who said anything about it was Michael Parjaro. And he just put some weird thing that didn't make sense. As I said on the thing, that originally was going to be a story I was doing for the FanFic Site. It seemed like good ideas, but I couldn't come up with details to make the story happen. So right now I just have that as an episode that doesn't really exist. Just look at page 1. It is a deal where Michael has what his worst nightmare could be. This is not a story with a beginning and an end. Just a post quickly telling my ideas.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Nov 10, 2003 4:59 pm

ColeGrad, maybe I was being too subtle. My post about dinosaurs and vampires was my way of saying that there just seems to be a little too much going on in that story idea. You have lots of villians, cloning, brian-washing, time travel... It's just too much.

It might also help if you could trim your messages a bit. It sounds silly, but the wall of text in many of your posts just seems overwhelming. Break them up in to paragraphs, eliminate a lot of the off-topic side notes. You may fine that short, focused, on-topic messages are easier and more inviting for people to respond to.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Mon Nov 10, 2003 6:18 pm

I didn't really explain the bit with time travel. But when I was trying to write a story for FanFic, I also had this idea of Michael being in a fantasy world where Michael Long was never shot. He would see what the reality would be without ever becoming Michael Knight. I decided to use that as way to avoid the complex situation from ever happening. I guess I could have just said Bonnie invented a device for him in the commlink before she was seduced and captured. But hey, this story will never be. It's just crap from my head. None of this stuff where we wish something was different about the show will be. All we'll ever see is what the episodes are.
Last edited by ColeGrad01 on Thu Nov 13, 2003 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

Post by Centaurus17 » Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:35 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:I think you forgot to mention the dinosaur attack during an earthquake and the alien vampires. Throw those in and you'll have just about ever possible base covered.
Hahahaha, well said Mike. No, in all seriousness, I agree, your plot is just way too convoluted. You've got almost every baddie that we see in the series in there. I mean, the time travel bit, it would make an interesting concept by itself, but throwing that in will that other stuff you mentioned, it would just get ridiculous. Overall, way too complicated.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:49 pm

I'm not sure if you have written a fan fiction before, but it seems like a heck of alot for one story. Perhaps you should take one idea and develop that before tackling such a huge amount.

Also, I'm not sure hijacking this thread with your fan fiction ideas is the best way to get feedback on it. Perhaps a thread about your idea would be the best way to get a better response, because right now it will just get lost in a thread about another topic.

themarvelous3
Operative

Post by themarvelous3 » Tue Nov 11, 2003 5:22 am

personally i just think you (cole) watch way too much tv

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:07 am

Yeah. Basically TV's my life. That's all I ever feel like doing. Check my interests on my profile.
Last edited by ColeGrad01 on Thu Nov 13, 2003 1:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:08 am

What do you think would happen if Michael somehow went back in time and warned himself as Michael Long not to trust Tanya Walker? Would it be changed that he never got shot? And would that lead up to never joining the Foundation for Law and Government? And if so, would K.I.T.T. never ever be created?
Last edited by ColeGrad01 on Thu Nov 13, 2003 1:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Vejitto
Stranger

Post by Vejitto » Tue Nov 11, 2003 11:50 am

Obviously the Trust Doesn't Rust episode.
I wouldn't cut the talk between KITT and KARR about being two of a kind and how special it is.
And certainly wouldn't have cut the end when KITT replays this conversation to himself when he was left alone... :cry:
--
Vejitto

MKnightRider82
Rookie

Post by MKnightRider82 » Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:14 pm

What is with that one guy's idea of time travel? If it was altered that Michael Long was never shot in the first episode, then the show would never be.

themarvelous3
Operative

Post by themarvelous3 » Sat Nov 15, 2003 1:36 am

maybe...but the knight industries was well under way whether mike was there to drive it or not. obviously, since they had already created and decommisioned one car previous to KITT...KARR

The Real Michael Knight
Operative
Location: Championing the cause of the innocent, the helpess, the powerless

Post by The Real Michael Knight » Sat Nov 15, 2003 1:51 am

ColeGrad01 wrote:Halston drugs Bonnie so she will be doing everything he tells her. Bonnie fools KITT into coming over to her and reprograms him to be evil
Umm, sorry to burst your bubble, but that idea has been done before. It was seen in "Chariot of Gold".

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Sat Nov 15, 2003 2:18 am

I know. I saw the episode. But it wasn't Dr. Halston. That is how I had the idea though. It was a way to make KITT and KARR allies instead of opponents.

The Real Michael Knight
Operative
Location: Championing the cause of the innocent, the helpess, the powerless

Post by The Real Michael Knight » Sat Nov 15, 2003 2:49 am

Interesting premise though, but wouldn't KARR always be competing with KITT since he see's KITT as the "Inferior production line model"?

CK
Operative

Post by CK » Sat Nov 15, 2003 12:46 pm

Not if Karr was reprogrammed.

Cheri

MKnightRider82
Rookie

Post by MKnightRider82 » Sun Nov 16, 2003 5:34 am

Well, I believe I said on another topic I've never seen KILLER KITT. But if KARR was reactivated and KITT was reprogrammed to be evil, then that would be twice the trouble that Michael goes through in KK. It would be a major nightmare having to avoid two supercars at once.

KnightAvenger77
Rookie

Post by KnightAvenger77 » Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:30 pm

I would change the ending to KvK, and when you see all of KARRs pieces laying there, you see someone find the pieces, along with the blueprints under the hood, (like kitt has in Goliath) and starts rebuilding. so its more suspensful. This way, in the "Possible" new series, you see the same guy finished fixing KARR.

djshag69
Operative

Post by djshag69 » Thu Nov 20, 2003 5:11 pm

i dunno how this sounds, but what if some how garth came back and found a way to reprogram kitt, now michael without kitt would be a lot more intersting then having karr and garth in the same episode. maybe even including them having to go to the depths of africa to finsh off the episode. yeah i dunno it might be a lil to far fetched.

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Thu Nov 20, 2003 5:21 pm

As far as we know, Garthe is dead and KARR is destroyed. Unless they do a new series bringing everything back, Michael has retired and KITT has been dismantled.