What Knight Rider merchandise would you like to see?

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

What Knight Rider merchandise would you like to see?

Post by knightimmortal » Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:15 pm

We already know about the t-shirts, the corgi KITT, the game, but specifically what kind of KR merchandise would you like to see?

Me, personally, I'd like them to bring back the KR bedsheets. Call me cracked, but those sound so cool, especially for my nephew.

Otherwise, maybe some t-shirts with some cute sayings, rather than just screen shots or the like would be cool.

Anybody else?

KI

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:19 pm

I have the bedsheets right now, i think Sarfraz has them too. They must be very rare cos they're never on ebay. i do hate the horrible yellow jacket michael wears on it though.

i'd like for them to bring back the 1:18 die cast cars, remote control cars, stunt sets, books etc.

i am just glad much of it can still be bought off ebay.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JL
Operative

Post by JL » Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:38 pm

Well, I'd love for Kenner (now Hasbro) to bring back the talking version of the car. The talking KITT was... incredible. Wish I'd never tried to turbo boost it down the stairs. ;)

Maybe a wristwatch that looks like Michael's comlink, and you can press a button to hear William Daniels' voice tell what time it is.

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Tue Nov 04, 2003 4:25 pm

Yep Skav, still got it. Its the only bedsheet thats lasted the years. My siblings just weren't made of the same stuff. Its a very good quality fabric to last this long. The pillow cover has seen better days though.

I would like to see a full working SPM KITT model 1/18 and 1/43. Aoshima are bring out a 1/43 scale car of the original shape KITT, so the 1/18 may not be that far behind, but no SPM yet. It would be a nice variation on the constant shape everyone seems to bring out. The RC cars have already made a comeback in Japan but its not fair that their not widely available anywhere else (I got them :D ).

What I would really like back is the KR poster that I had as a kid. Its based on one of the annual covers. Micheal stands infront of a poster of KITT, but KITT didn't have that weird luminous paint job but the standard black.

Considering Hasbro's experience they would be ideal for a remake of the talking KITT, with flashing LED's and an ejector seat :twisted: but they do have a nasty habit of repainting their moulds. So you could end up with "battle damaged" KITT or "Radar detection" KITT or KARR with EVIL Garth action figure or....you get the idea.

However, we can live without all of this if we could only get a DVD boxset of the entire series digitally remastered with commentory from Larson on the pilot and possibly some behind the scenes footage. Come on, were dying for this.

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Tue Nov 04, 2003 7:49 pm

Sarfraz, I had that poster too. It used to be on my bedroom wall. I'll never remember what happened to it though. Probably just got lost or damaged through time.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight Industries 3000
Operative

Post by Knight Industries 3000 » Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:19 pm

JL wrote:Well, I'd love for Kenner (now Hasbro) to bring back the talking version of the car. The talking KITT was... incredible. Wish I'd never tried to turbo boost it down the stairs. ;)
I bought a so-so condition Voice Car a few months back. My original car was sold at a garage sale years ago... for $5... and it was in much better condition than this one, which cost about $60.

I'd like to see the Voice Car rereleased, as well as a MASK-sized car that changes to and from Super Pursuit Mode.

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:26 pm

I have seen some software on the internet that lets you type in anything and a funny person will say it back to you. Ie: You can get one where its this stupid genie and whatever you type he says back. Its fun. You can have a fake conversation with your computer! I would love if they made a kitt one! But it would take work! And you may have to buy it on a CD-ROM! I WOULD!

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:28 pm

I am defo gonna buy the talking car. I see it occasionally on ebay for around 70 quidm so when i get the dosh i'll get one, depending on the condition.

but first, I'll be getting the annuals. they're only cheap.

Skav

brennan
Volunteer

Post by brennan » Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:30 am

i would like to see some thing like maybe a interactive set maybe speach
between MK and KITT .
those talking model clocks they make ,you know they make loads of star trek ones
proper mobile phone clip on fronts would also be nice.
and a new scaletrix car not slot car with working lights.
ive got the original car but with the good old sticker

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Fri Nov 07, 2003 11:41 am

I would love to see a Knight Rider Calender!
not only would it be a handy item to have but a good collectable thing to!
there must be loads of Pictures relating to Knight Rider to have one each years for many years too come!

comets78
Rookie

Post by comets78 » Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:10 pm

anything with knightrider would be great anything