Best of Knight Rider Dvd

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

jgcoombes
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Best of Knight Rider Dvd

Post by jgcoombes » Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:43 pm

According to http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... 02-4759855 the best of knight rider dvd contains the following six episodes:

Trust Doesn’t Rust
Knight of the Phoenix Part 1
Knight of the Phoenix Part 2
Soul Survivor
Knightmares
A Good Knight’s Work

Does anyone know if this is true??

(I have one on order anyway from http://www.play.com Price : £13.99.

Knight Industries 3000
Operative

Post by Knight Industries 3000 » Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:50 pm

I'm in Region 1, so no dice for me. D'oh!

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Oct 29, 2003 7:01 pm

I'm starting to get a little frustrated by all the duplicate episodes I'm getting; I think I have purchased Phoenix in 3 or 4 different formats already. Still, I have no one to blame but myself. If they release it, I'll buy it. I'm weak that way.

Thanks for the info.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Wed Oct 29, 2003 7:04 pm

To be honest, considering we already have the pilot on a seperate DVD over here, to add that instead of the excellent KITT vs KARR is a crime. :evil:

I hope these details are incorrect, but I've a bad feeling they won't be. *sigh*

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:02 am

Weren't all those eps released previously by Universal on either DVD or VHS? If they have, this is dissappointing as I have all the previous VHS/DVD releases and don't see the point of this.

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:19 am

Thought this would be the case, a DVD version of the VHS release

K.I.T.T

knightendo
FLAG Recruit

Re: Best of Knight Rider Dvd

Post by knightendo » Thu Oct 30, 2003 9:11 am

jgcoombes wrote:According to http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... 02-4759855 the best of knight rider dvd contains the following six episodes:

Trust Doesn’t Rust
Knight of the Phoenix Part 1
Knight of the Phoenix Part 2
Soul Survivor
Knightmares
A Good Knight’s Work

Does anyone know if this is true??

(I have one on order anyway from http://www.play.com Price : £13.99.
i just knew this would happen! grr!! :evil: :evil: :evil: knight rider was being released very randomly and it was annoying to say the least, but *at least* about half of them had had bits cut out of them for violence or drug references that weren't suitable to show in the afternoons (the start of Good Day At White Rock and Michael getting shot in the pilot for example) and we were able to see them in their uncut glory... and i was actually pleased that, since they were just picking episodes at random, they weren't calling it "the best of"... but now THIS!!

if they want a proper best of... they should ask the fans, not just rerelease some previous random episodes and call it "the best of" to con people into buying them. good as they are, i wouldn't have Soul Survivor, Knightmares or A Good Knight's Work in a best of DVD of my own.

and isn't it quite cheeky the way they're saying it's six episodes and counting a movie as two?! :S

and have you noticed that even though Devon has been known to say to Michael that FLAG shouldn't get involved in cases that are personal, that Universal Playback had actually compiled these five episodes that ALL deal with something personal to the Foundation. if someone watched these five they'd think FLAG only got involved in cases that had criminals going up against the Foundation :S

if i had to pick six episodes - whether released already of not - (or five to include a movie) i'd have probably chosen:

White Bird
Short Notice
Goliath (film)
Brother's Keeper
KITT vs KARR (since TDR has already been released)
"If you're not having a good time, you're doing something wrong." Harrison Black, War Of The Worlds (tv series)

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Oct 30, 2003 10:03 am

knightendo wrote: if they want a proper best of... they should ask the fans, not just rerelease some previous random episodes and call it "the best of" to con people into buying them. good as they are, i wouldn't have Soul Survivor, Knightmares or A Good Knight's Work in a best of DVD of my own.
I wouldn't call that a random collection. Suppose they DID ask the fans: pretty much all those episodes show up regularly whenever we do our "favorite episode" topics. No two people will ever be able to agree on an absolute Top 5, but those are all VERY strong episodes to many fans.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

knightendo
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightendo » Thu Oct 30, 2003 10:55 am

Michael Pajaro wrote:
knightendo wrote: if they want a proper best of... they should ask the fans, not just rerelease some previous random episodes and call it "the best of" to con people into buying them. good as they are, i wouldn't have Soul Survivor, Knightmares or A Good Knight's Work in a best of DVD of my own.
I wouldn't call that a random collection. Suppose they DID ask the fans: pretty much all those episodes show up regularly whenever we do our "favorite episode" topics. No two people will ever be able to agree on an absolute Top 5, but those are all VERY strong episodes to many fans.
i know where you're coming from mike, i really do, but i think it's more of a coincidence that they've picked ones that may be fan favourites rather than a result of asking the fans directly (a good knight's work?!). the video and dvd releases up to this point were very #very# random, and these seem to be just a random selection of those. :S

i just feel disappointed by that, and the fact that anyone who remembers kr but hasn't seen it in years and buys a "best of" dvd will get four episodes (discounting the pilot) that all deal with personal missions, instead of giving a better overall selection of the series.

my list is ofcourse my own opinion and would differ from person to person, and i agree with everything you said, but surely a better selection of fan favourites with a more diverse set of episodes, and ones not previously released Universal (!!!), would be so much better.

i definitely won't be buying it as i have these episodes in their uncut state already on the UP label, and won't allow Universal to milk it again with me.
"If you're not having a good time, you're doing something wrong." Harrison Black, War Of The Worlds (tv series)

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:11 pm

Hmm, the episode titles have now disappeared from Amazon.

Ok... :?

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Oct 30, 2003 6:10 pm

Hmmm, the episode titles are still there when I click, perhaps I'm still cached...

At this point, instead of buying the Fourth copy of Knight of the Phoneix, I'll wait for the Season releases.

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Thu Oct 30, 2003 6:14 pm

Ah, they're back now. Must have been me that was cached. Sorry folks. :oops:

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Mon Nov 03, 2003 9:23 am

(discreatly cancels pre-order) :? What the hell I have all these from columbia house. lol.
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Mon Nov 03, 2003 12:32 pm

The torrid choice of titles have now appeared on blackstar: http://blackstar.co.uk/video/item/7000000084423

I say we all boycott UP or whoever is now bringing them out. Cos this is getting ridiculous.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

knightvision
Operative

Post by knightvision » Mon Nov 03, 2003 6:51 pm

Well the only one that does not appear to be released by Columbia House or been out on DVD before is A Good Knights Work.

Otherwise this set pretty much is a dud. I am hoping The A-Team Best of is not this bad.

Sadly I am like Mike. I will get it no matter what they put on it. I am just disappointed that only one episode gets the DVD treatment while the others are just a rehash of what has been release before.

Anyone notice Columbia House now puts 3 episodes on a disc?

Richie

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Tue Nov 04, 2003 8:18 pm

Apart from being miffed by "Knight of the Peoenix" I am not that dissapionted I have to say at least the other 4 aren't on DVD over here!
I just hope they Don't mess up"Soul Survivor" like they did on VHS volume 2!
Man that was bad, cutting the teaser out and some of the theme music, very poor for what is after all an offical release!

KnightAvenger77
Rookie

Post by KnightAvenger77 » Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:04 pm

I think you people are fools. Sci Fi i running Kniht Rider mon-fri. Why dont you simply just buy a blank VHS for a dollar, with 6 hours, and make your own best of knight rider, or do what im doing and taping every episode with mayebe 20 dollars instead of buying 1 episode at a time for like 30 dollars. And i WONT have to wait when it comes out for DVD

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:30 pm

Because those are cut episodes, and the ones offered by UP and CH are uncut.

In addition, some of those who are talking about this here are in the UK, and they don't get the U.S. version of KR.

KI

knight rider uk
Rookie
Location: somewhere over the rainbow way up high theres the one that i dream of once in a lulleby.

Post by knight rider uk » Fri Nov 07, 2003 1:31 pm

does anyone know when the best of is actulley comeing out in england as ultimate dvd has an add in for it but did not give a relise date(the add also contained magnum +a team best of in the same advert+a add on the back for teh incredible hulk tv series as well
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------i am the knight automated roveing robot the first in a bold new experiment you may call me karr (kitt vrs karr)

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Fri Nov 07, 2003 11:02 pm

KnightAvenger77 wrote:I think you people are fools.
Gesh... your right, why wouldn't I want to record TV quality episodes, with a sci fi logo, commercials, and episodes cut down to 38 mins long each? Gesh, I must be a fool for wanting the full 48min uncut high quality dobly digital sound dvd versions of this show. :roll:
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Fri Nov 07, 2003 11:56 pm

But if they release these season DVDs and only do it in Europe like this one...I'll kill'em
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

knightendo
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightendo » Tue Nov 11, 2003 11:48 am

the episodes we get on bravo over here are the full 48 minute originals with some seconds missing here and there on some episodes (some entire scenes if they're drug related etc) that may not be suitable for afternoon viewing (and the 8pm slot is just the same cut! grr!) and we've had ##all## of these episodes released before...

...so i'm with skav, taking those two points above on board i have about a quarter of the entire series uncut on the UP label and the remainder in the slightly trimmed for content version from bravo (or the uncut - for the first two seasons anyways - version shown on itv in the 90s) and will not allow UP to con me like this! he's right, if we keep on buying the same episodes over and over (which i refused to do first time they tried and thus didn't buy the second two dvds) their gonna think we're suckers who'll buy anything and they'll keep churning out stuff like this to milk us!

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Tue Nov 11, 2003 12:33 pm

Hmm. Not sure whether I like the cover or not.

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Tue Nov 11, 2003 12:47 pm

knight rider uk wrote:does anyone know when the best of is actulley comeing out in england as ultimate dvd has an add in for it but did not give a relise date
Just about every site I've been on states November 24th. But then, at this time of year, release dates get moved around all over the show.

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Tue Nov 11, 2003 1:11 pm

Yeah i've known that to be the cover for a while now and ive just seen that HMV.co.uk has uploaded that too. I thought it looked good... much better then other playback releases.

Nick