Knight Rider: Evil Twin and Double

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

ColeGrad01
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider: Evil Twin and Double

Post by ColeGrad01 » Sat Nov 01, 2003 9:27 pm

The pilot episode of KNIGHT RIDER began with police officer Michael Long getting betrayed and gunned down. He was saved by millionaire Wilton Knight who had doctors do plastic surgery on him. Michael was therefore adopted into the Knight family and inherited Wilton's estate after he passed away. The secret of his new face is learned a year later. Michael's boss, Devon Miles, tells him about a son Wilton had. He looks exactly like Michael only he has a mustache and a beard. His name is Garthe Knight. But unlike Michael, Garthe is evil. He was imprisoned in Africa at the time of Wilton saving Michael's life. It turns out Wilton had the doctors make Michael's face look the way it is so he'd be the perfect image of his son. Garthe is released from prison by his mother who left Wilton years ago. She tells him about his father's death and what all he had done for Michael before he died. Garthe becomes very angry and thinks Wilton gave Michael everything that is rightfully his. To get revenge, Garthe has African mercenaries steal the technology from the Knight Foundation so evil scientists can build a gigantic truck. Garthe names it GOLIATH due to its humongous size. It is invincible just like the talking car, KITT. Garthe uses Goliath to crush KITT and leave Michael wounded. With them out of the way, Garthe can commit a heist with the African mercenaries to steal nuclear missiles that are well guarded. But Michael and KITT are restored, and they stop Garthe and Goliath with newly installed lasers. Garthe is sent back to prison, but this time in America. A few months later he is broken out by an evil woman Michael had encountered before. She had scientists rebuild Goliath. Together, Garthe and this woman seek revenge against Michael for their defeats by him. Michael manages to stop them after rescuing his kidnapped friends used to lure him to the bad guys and being captured himself in the trap. This time Michael and KITT have Garthe and Goliath go down a cliff with the woman inside along with them. That is the end of Michael's evil twin.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Nov 01, 2003 9:30 pm

Uh, welcome and everything, but I think that anybody who visits here knows this, doesn't need the synopsis, and definitely doesn't need a smashed together non complete version of the events. How about joining in the other conversations and getting a feel for the board? :)

KI

rusti_knight
Operative

Post by rusti_knight » Sat Nov 01, 2003 9:30 pm

Would you like to tell us *why* you just gave us that synopsis of a story we already know? Since your point seems to be quite lost...

Rusti
[Rus] What makes you think you've got what it takes to tame me anyway?
[Beast] ~sly naughty grin~ Experienced handling.

--From RP
DevArt: http://rusti-knight.deviantart.com

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Sat Nov 01, 2003 9:36 pm

Look, I figured you people already knew this stuff. I typed these out for another message board, but nobody would ever say anything about them. I got sick of that and felt like maybe they weren't interested. So I thought maybe if I put them on a message board actually meant for this, people would start saying things. So I got myself registered, then copied and pasted them from the old message board to this one. I thought hopefully now people will actually reply. But the problem it seems with this one is that people aren't being surprised with new information. They're just being told stuff they already know.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Nov 01, 2003 9:38 pm

Good observation...maybe the reason why people weren't interested is because people already know it, it isn't new information, and honestly, it's not a great way to show up on a new message board trying to treat others like they don't even know their own show. It's not about the attention, it should be about contribution and quality. Just a few tips there, ya know?

KI

ramon88us
FLAG Recruit

Post by ramon88us » Sat Nov 01, 2003 11:08 pm

I noticed that youre birthday says march 13 2003.

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Sat Nov 01, 2003 11:16 pm

Figured somebody would say something about the year in my birthday. Look, when I registered, it wouldn't accept my real birthdate. It kept telling me "This website will not accept users over 0 years of age." I edited my profile after getting on and tried to fix that. I kept getting the same thing until I put that date. I don't know why it is doing that, but I asked someone on here about that and they said there have been problems with this. They told me to wait some time and maybe it will be fixed so I can set it right. Until then, it will just be stuck that way. I don't like it, but there's nothing I can do about it. By the way, I am really 20 years old. The "College Student" occupation should have given you a clue that I am much older than this says.

ramon88us
FLAG Recruit

Post by ramon88us » Sat Nov 01, 2003 11:25 pm

A 9 month old being in college lol.

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Sat Nov 01, 2003 11:31 pm

Hey ramon88us, don't make jokes about this. As I have already said, I tried to fix it. But for some reason it would not let me. Now unless you can fix up the defect in the system, I suggest you keep your mouth shut. I am 5 years older than you and out of my teens. You're still a kid going to school. Probably haven't worked at a job or driven a car yet. Look at it this way, that is the date I celebrated my last birthday.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Nov 01, 2003 11:37 pm

Whoah, whoah, woah, calm down, age doesn't matter on this board, but attitude does. I think you need to chill out a bit. It will be fixed, eventually. Nobody thinks you are age zero, just like we know the synopses of the shows, and movies. Give the group a little bit more credit for intellect for that.

KI

ramon88us
FLAG Recruit

Post by ramon88us » Sat Nov 01, 2003 11:37 pm

So you were born in 1983 just like my brother.
That the best way to summarize a story. Good job.

ShadowConvoy
Recruit

Post by ShadowConvoy » Sun Nov 02, 2003 5:20 am

Yeah I had the same problem when I signed up yesturday. I posted a comment on it on the "problem with board" topic. But any way there is no need for anyone to get upset. Besides I'm older than both you guys and i had to put down 2003. I was born in 1973!LOL Anyway there is plenty of room for intelligent debate without being truly insulting. :wink:

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:27 am

What was the original messageboard that you originally typed these up for?
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Sun Nov 02, 2003 1:26 pm

The pilot episode was originally on http://www.realitytvworld.com which was copied and pasted onto another where I put the posts about the evil twin & double and the TV movie on http://www.brachman.net.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sun Nov 02, 2003 1:55 pm

I'm not sure why there would be Knight Rider posts on a Reality TV site, but at least now we have some idea where your posts came from. They really did seem to be completely out of the blue for many of us.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Sun Nov 02, 2003 2:21 pm

The reality TV site had a nonreality section. That is where I put the thing on about Knight Rider. 3 people did reply on that one, but they didn't say anything referring to what I wrote. Just like people sending replies about the age thing on this post. But that problem has been fixed, and I reset it to how old I really am. ShadowConvoy needs to do the same thing. All the other shows in that section I put the KR post were about TV shows that come on now. I guess they didn't really care cause this is an old 80's TV show. Nobody replies to anything on the Brachman site.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sun Nov 02, 2003 3:40 pm

So you are penalizing us for what other sites did.

I hate to tell you this, but those posts anywhere wouldn't get exactly what you want (whatever it is) out of them, because all they are are slightly incorrect synopses of shows, you can get the same thing (if not better) off any website, or even the IMDB. (actually that one would be the same.)

KI

knightvision
Operative

Post by knightvision » Sun Nov 02, 2003 8:57 pm

ColeGrad01 wrote:Look, I figured you people already knew this stuff. I typed these out for another message board, but nobody would ever say anything about them. I got sick of that and felt like maybe they weren't interested. So I thought maybe if I put them on a message board actually meant for this, people would start saying things. So I got myself registered, then copied and pasted them from the old message board to this one. I thought hopefully now people will actually reply. But the problem it seems with this one is that people aren't being surprised with new information. They're just being told stuff they already know.
Just wondering but if your out of your teens, why do this sort of stuff and not just post your thoughts and ideas. Maybe the reason no one responded was because they were trying to spare your feelings. If its been on the net and its been around 20 years most of us who post here have a fairly good idea what it is. Not to insult you but we are a fairly inviting bunch, but telling us what we already know will not get you far on this board.

Watch the episodes, share your thoughts. I know I will await to hear what you have to say. For now step back and read our posts and thoughts and above all enjoy the episodes. Sci-Fi is running them and its a chance to interact with us without copying and pasting text.

Richie

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Sun Nov 02, 2003 9:23 pm

I know sci-fi is running them. I spent my summer from the very first day to the very last day watching them. I did miss some episodes as it went on, but I saw most of them. First day was DEADLY NIGHTSHADE, which I kept up with to VOODOO KNIGHT. I missed the two episodes before the last. Saw VK after KNIGHT FLIGHT TO FREEDOM- which I thought was a very good one. Then I saw the first episode followed by DEADLY MANEUVERS, GOOD DAY AT WHITE ROCK (one of my favorites), SLAMMIN SAMMY's STUNT SHOW SPECTACULAR, & JUST MY BILL. Quit watching it for the next two weeks cause my jerk brother told me all I ever did was sit on my butt and stare at a screen. That's how I missed TRUST DOESN'T RUST. I went back to watching it and saw A NICE, LITTLE INDECENT TOWN. Saw many episodes from there. Missed SPEED DEMONS, BIG IRON, HALLOWEEN KNIGHT, KITT Vs KARR, and CIRCUS KNIGHTS (I was back in college when this one was on). Then I saw KNIGHT OF THE JUGGERNAUT and KITTNAP. After that, I got too busy to watch TV. This last week I flipped it on and saw FRIGHT KNIGHT. Missed the next one again, and saw VOODOO KNIGHT a second time. Now tomorrow I am expecting to be KNIGHT OF THE PHOENIX. I would just love to see that again. It is my favorite one of all. Why? Because it's the one that starts everything. Usually the first episodes in a series are the best to me. Exceptions are MacGyver and Highlander.

ShadowConvoy
Recruit

Post by ShadowConvoy » Sun Nov 02, 2003 11:28 pm

...and the drama continues. :roll:

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Tue Nov 04, 2003 12:02 pm

JL
Operative

Post by JL » Tue Nov 04, 2003 12:43 pm

Amen.

CK
Operative

Post by CK » Tue Nov 04, 2003 6:19 pm

LMAO! Sith you're something else! :lol:

Cheri

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Tue Nov 04, 2003 7:21 pm

Now what does the picture of a little boy praying have anything to do with Knight Rider?

ocAdamR
Recruit

Post by ocAdamR » Tue Nov 04, 2003 7:44 pm

¡YOU GUYS ARE CRAZY! but funny.