What if you could change an episode of Knight Rider?

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knicks4973
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

What if you could change an episode of Knight Rider?

Post by Knicks4973 » Sat Oct 18, 2003 12:31 am

I was thinking, out of all the 84 episodes of KR, you had the ability to go back in time and change one of them. What would be the episode, why you would change it and what would you change it too? It can be an entire episode or just a single scene.

I thought this would be a unique topic and I hope many of you will participate.

For me, I would change KITT vs KARR. There are 2 things I would change.

1) The Normal Cruise Light in the voice modulator not working. Auto Cruise worked, but when KARR was in Normal Cruise, it's light didn't go on. I would want it to also work.

2) When KARR realizes he's being chased by KITT, I would have liked for him to have said "I do not wish to go back to the slammer!" The reason is because KARR's personality is completely different between the 2 episodes (TDR and KvK). That single line could have helped linked the 2 episodes alittle better, since it looks like we have 2 different KARR's.

Jared

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Sun Oct 19, 2003 4:37 am

If it has to be only one episode, I'd change Trust Doesn't Rust. I'd like to put KARR's voicebox to the dash instead of filming it as a separate item.

Another episode I'd like to change is Just my Bill, I'd change the KITT's voicebox sidelight colors (P1,P2,AIR,OIL,etc.) back to normal order.

-KITTfan-

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Mon Oct 20, 2003 2:47 am

The sceant of roses would have been the 4th season ender rather then voodoo knight.
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Fri Oct 24, 2003 5:39 pm

At some point, KITT should have Turbo Boosted over Goliath.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

tkr9
Operative

Post by tkr9 » Fri Oct 31, 2003 10:11 pm

It's not an episode, but I'd save Devon before they top him off in KR2000.

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Sat Nov 01, 2003 1:59 pm

well, i would have changed the ending of KITT vs. KARR.
instead of destroying KARR the could have entered his cockpit and reprogrammed him or at least shut him off.

this would be a great base for a spin-off, new driver, a good KARR as his vehicle... :karr:

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Sun Nov 02, 2003 2:18 am

I don't think KITT should have been destroyed like he was in JUNK YARD DOG. A team of engineers had to rebuild him completely from scratch. Then, there weren't any improvements made on him. He goes from being completely destroyed to completely intact just the way he was. If you had missed that episode, you wouldn't have known anything happened to him there. Every other time something happened to him, he got something new. So you could tell he had been worked on the way he can do something you don't see in earlier episodes. This episode was okay, but something like that happened to him in a regular deal which he doesn't get better. I say stuff like that should only have happened in those special episodes where he becomes more powerful as a result. The bad guys weren't realizing they were destroying something only to make it even better than before. This episode should pretty much happen the way it did, but stick to the evil scam. Don't spend a while rebuilding KITT just to have him exactly the way he was before. What was the point of destroying him there?

ShadowConvoy
Recruit

Post by ShadowConvoy » Sun Nov 02, 2003 4:49 am

It would have been cool if Garth recovered KARR or stole him from the foundation in some episode.. Of course he would have to reprogramit to respond only to him. They would be a perfect ruthless combo!

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Sun Nov 02, 2003 8:57 am

Changing an episode would be a bad idea. Why? Well, I have to quote myself from an essay I wrote out of fun. Though it has no real meaning with the topic, it does have a small point. Below is a few lines from the essay:

"If a real person were to end up in the fictional realm would affect the outcome of later stories. For example, if a person ends up in an episode of a TV show, it is able to affect the outcome of the series. The ending of a series would be affected by such interference, depending on the situation in the episode that the real person ends up in."

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:18 am

That might be somewhat true in a serialized TV show CB, but for the most part each episode of Knight Rider was completely self-contained. I don't think you'd have to worry about contaminating any timelines or anything like that.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sun Nov 02, 2003 2:14 pm

That seems pretty par for shows of the 80s, everything was neatly resolved by the end of the hour, made it easier for people to pick up the show. They tried to add a little bit of a continuing story line to TKR, it's a shame that it wasn't more successful.

CK
Operative

Post by CK » Sun Nov 02, 2003 4:23 pm

Well I wouldn't have changed any eps but I would have added more SPM at night shots in S4. :mrgreen:

Cheri

Knicks4973
Operative

Post by Knicks4973 » Sun Nov 02, 2003 7:46 pm

I agree with ColeGrad01 with Junk Yard Dog. KITT was rebuilt exactly like he was before he was destroyed. You would think there should have been some improvement somewhere with all the new curcuits and technology that was used. Maybe everyone thought KITT was perfect at that time and didn't need any new improvements? All he got in KOTJ was SPM and the EBS system. That's it. And that was all because he lost his MBS in that episode.

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Sun Nov 02, 2003 8:29 pm

Actually, it may seem self-contained, but even a self-contained TV show is connected and are in fact serialized. One small change in a previous episode could still affect later episodes. For example: Give KARR a rocket launcher in "Trust Doesn't Rust", KARR may still be able to use it in "KITT vs. KARR" or he may have destroyed Michael and KITT (which would result in the ending of the show).

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Sun Nov 02, 2003 11:34 pm

I would like to change the 4th season opener, so that KITT is rebuild by a team of pros not some guys off the streets. This made me quiet upset! lol... However I like to put it out of my mind, as in my mind KITT was rebuild by pros... :shifty:

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Mon Nov 03, 2003 1:43 am

That's what I should have said. Think about that part in KNIGHT OF THE PHOENIX where all those engineers are going in and out of the garage. Punks off the street fix up something that professional expert team created. It just doesn't make any sense at all. I'd like to fix it that Michael doesn't go to jail all the time the first year it was on. I have said I never saw the episodes with KARR, but now I know he gets busted in KvsK. That would make sense if there's an evil Pontiac Trans-Am causing terror, then the cops find the good guys and blame them. Think of this, Michael used to be a cop himself. Then when he becomes an agent who has no proof of existence (until 1982), he gets messed with by them constantly. Wouldn't he know what they'd be looking for and how they'd deal with things?

sofchance
Rookie

Post by sofchance » Mon Nov 03, 2003 2:11 am

No, he was arrested in "Trust Doesn't Rust."

But yeah, you're right. Still, he was investigating the area and he didn't know KARR had just busted the burger joint up. I always thought he should carry some kind of FLAG ID card to let the cops know he was on the good side.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Nov 03, 2003 2:18 am

Michael was supposed to be an agent who operated to catch criminals who operated above the law. Sometimes the law has to be broken in order to catch those who operate above the law, which is why the cops can't catch them. So he would have the occasional run-in with the law here and there, and please note, in many cases, they are either corrupt law enforcement, or good-ol boy law enforcement who don't like their territory treaded upon.

Even FBI agents have this problem, but because of their higher level of jurisdiction, they didn't have the same problem. FLAG didn't have any level of jurisdiction, they were private law enforcement doing the job that the cops didn't or couldn't do, and that sometimes counteracted with the cops agendas.

As for the concept of somebody fixing KITT? In Knight of the Phoenix, he was being created, so yes, he needed technicians. In Junk Yard Dog, he was virtually destroyed, so he needed technicans. In Knight of the Drones, he got a missile up the tailpipe (ouch!) and had his internal systems screwed up, and Bonnie had to seemingly solely put him back together again in a semi. In Knight of the Juggernaut, he got the crap bashed out of him, but in some forms, he was still there, and some of his systems were beaten but not destroyed. The street gang, who were all grease monkeys, it seemed, did the body, (an honestly, if you have seen some street level grease monkeys, they are master body technicians) and Bonnie did the tech for the most part. So, it could have worked.

KI

Miked
Recruit

Post by Miked » Mon Nov 03, 2003 3:05 am

It's not quite a "correction," but . . .
Here'e my idea for an epic, overkill, 5-season opener:
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Michael has left the foundation at the end of season 4, KITT has a dorky new driver he hates, blah, blah, blah . . .

Garth Knight comes back, gets KARR's CPU, and installs it in the rebuilt Goliath! Together, they go off to battle Michael Knight & KITT in separate incidents.

Michael Knight survives his intial attack by himself. But KITT's new driver-dork is killed, and KITT is destroyed again for a quickie rebuild & lube-job.

So Michael & KITT must get back together to beat Garth & KARR, blah, blah, blah . . .
They get back together . . . THE END! Season 5 is off & running!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what do you think? Sound cool?

Knicks4973
Operative

Post by Knicks4973 » Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:31 pm

Michael is arrested in both TDR and KvK.

Jared

nivek
FLAG Recruit

Post by nivek » Mon Nov 03, 2003 9:01 pm

this would be a great base for a spin-off, new driver, a good KARR as his vehicle...
now that would be a site to see :) :D :lol:
karr about caring about someone else.

Knicks4973
Operative

Post by Knicks4973 » Sun Nov 09, 2003 7:27 pm

If u want a 5th season opener, Garth returns after being in a coma after being fished out of the water in Goliath Returns. He breaks out, finds information about KARR, finds his remains, builds a KARR of his own using KARRs CPU, and beat Michael and KITT. Garth and KARR would solve problems like Michael and KITT do for a few episodes while Michael and KITT find April to fix KITT. After like 5 episodes, we have a rematch where Michael and KITT win. What do u think?

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:39 am

How bout an interesting episode called KNIGHT'S WAY TO HELL (Highway to Hell). I tried to write a story of this for the FanFic Site, but it seemed retarded and I decided not to even bother doing it. But here's my idea for an alternate episode. Dr. Halston is back and starts a cloning facility to pull scams again. Hairpieces are retrieved from Garthe Knight and Adrian St. Clair. Also, Goliath's remains are recovered from the water. The remains of KARR are found as well. Plus, a hairpiece from Tanya Walker is donated to the facility. It will also rebuild machines that were destroyed. That's why parts of the evil vehicles are brought in. Halston has Garthe, Adrian, and Tanya cloned and they are brought right back to life. He will be having the three of them work together. And both Goliath & KARR will be rebuilt by a staff of engineers under Halston. He is creating the worst nightmare for Michael Knight. To lure Michael into his trap, Halston tricks Bonnie into seeing him and kidnaps her. Michael finds out about her capture, and sets out with KITT to get her back. Halston drugs Bonnie so she will be doing everything he tells her. Garthe gets ready to reuse Goliath and Adrian programs KARR's functioning to do what the villains tell him to do. Tanya thinks how she killed Michael once, and that she will just have to kill him again. Nothing would be worse than Tanya working along with old foes like Garthe. When Michael & KITT arrive, Bonnie has them think she is alright and no one has done anything to harm her. But being under Halston's control, she fools KITT into coming over to her and reprograms him to be evil. Now things are extremely complicated for Michael. He has to take on Garthe, Adrian- with Goliath, Halston, Tanya, KARR, and KITT as well. Since KITT is now made to take orders directly from Halston, he joins sides with KARR. It is going to be really tough with KITT and KARR as allies with eachother both against Michael. Can Michael handle all this under Halston and Bonnie under his control? Will he manage to save her and restore KITT to his proper functioning? Now that Tanya is in an alliance with the other villains, she thinks she has Michael now and that this time she will actually kill him. Michael has only two options other than losing against them- finding a way to send all the villains back to the dead or going back in time to save Michael Long from being shot. None of this would happen if he never became an agent for the foundation and still had the face that was created by God. But if that was the case, all the things Michael stopped would never be successfully dealt with. He is the only one capable of stopping everything he ever had. But it is quite complicated to put a stop to this scheme. Has Halston found a way to conquer him? Michael feels like he's in a very bad dream come true.
Last edited by ColeGrad01 on Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:47 am

I think you forgot to mention the dinosaur attack during an earthquake and the alien vampires. Throw those in and you'll have just about ever possible base covered.

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:57 am

Dinosaur attack? Alien vampires? What are those from?