How many moving violations can you find in Knight Rider?

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

How many moving violations can you find in Knight Rider?

Post by jup » Fri Sep 19, 2003 5:29 pm

I decided to take most of today, lay back and let it be a KR marathon. So, as I sit here and watch "A Nice and Indecent Little Town", I can't believe how many minor moving violations I'm seeing in this one episode, alone. There's been at least three "high speed runs through red lights", at least one "(not even slowing down for a) stop sign driven through" (And, in front of a police officer who does nothing about it, to boot. (Granted, he wanted Knight to keep on going.)) and one "driving in two lanes at once for quite a distance" violation. (And, not even for a good reason on the last two.)

Granted, by today's laws, Michael breaks the "no seat belt" law in every episode. But, I bet many episodes have law breaking rules, even by 1980 standards. So, if anyone sees such infractions of the law, (pursuit or not. *gasp*) this would be the perfect topic to post it under.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Michael Pajaro » Fri Sep 19, 2003 7:16 pm

Does KITT have a driving license? Does he NEED a license? That would be a strange court case if a cop wanted to cite KITT for that infraction.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Fri Sep 19, 2003 7:28 pm

:lol: Sounds like FLAG could be in a little trouble if kitt goes through a red light in spm :spm:

tkr9
Operative

Post by tkr9 » Fri Sep 19, 2003 8:10 pm

Nah, like the secret service, police etc KITT probably has a legal mandate to go as fast as he likes. He really should have a siren though, to warn other drivers he's not just some speed-junkie on a joyride in a fancy sportscar...

Knicks4973
Operative

Post by Knicks4973 » Fri Sep 19, 2003 8:16 pm

Well, whenever KITT changes lanes or makes a turn, neither Michael or KITT uses the turn signal. That's a moving violation right there.

Jared

tkr9
Operative

Post by tkr9 » Fri Sep 19, 2003 8:20 pm

I don't think KITT HAS indicators!

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Fri Sep 19, 2003 8:37 pm

KITT has brake lights. So, rear turn signals are possible. No idea about front ones, though.

I've also been noting how many "Road obstructions" KITT keeps mentioning, then jumping over through my KR mini-marathon. Never realized how common a jump scene excuse that was, before.

No. I don't think KITT has a driving license. Because, even in the KR world, I don't think the DMV has ever had the slightest notion of how to test or pass a non-Human driver.

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Fri Sep 19, 2003 8:48 pm

I have to wonder if KITT, had he been pulled over by a cop while pilotless, would try to bribe the officer with a few hundreds from his "magic ATM"? :D

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Fri Sep 19, 2003 8:49 pm

I don't know, they gave Michael Knight a driver's license while he was lying in bed with his face bandaged up. ;)

KI

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Fri Sep 19, 2003 8:52 pm

I can just imagine what the Driver's License picture for KITT might be...perhaps the nose and hood are totally covered up with a bonnet and the image is out of focus and in the dark... :lol:

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Fri Sep 19, 2003 11:30 pm

Whats the law for License plates on the front in California? If I remember correctly they are OK without them, but I know in Jersey they aren't.

Mike?

sofchance
Rookie

Post by sofchance » Sat Sep 20, 2003 12:41 am

In a few eps (usually during the clips of Michael driving with music in the background to set up for the episode at the beginning) Michael drives correctly, then when a curve in the road comes up, instead of following the curve, he drives straighter - sometimes into the wrong lane.

Katt
Operative

Post by Katt » Sat Sep 20, 2003 1:52 am

How about the semi driving on the wrong side of the road? Unless the film was flipped or something, but I remember several times where they show Kitt backing out, and theres like a barrier type thing between the semi and the camera truck. :?

Knicks4973
Operative

Post by Knicks4973 » Sat Sep 20, 2003 9:28 pm

I think you can also say KITT is driving on the wrong side of the road when he is exiting the semi. There are episodes where KITT backs out and drives in the other direction on the road side.

Jared

t0rchthew0rld
Stranger

hmm

Post by t0rchthew0rld » Thu Sep 25, 2003 7:51 pm

i wonder if kitt is registered
if so how in the hell does he ever pass his inspections?
they shouldve clarified this

tkr9
Operative

Post by tkr9 » Fri Sep 26, 2003 8:56 pm

Mind you most cars in the states should be had up for traffic violations, you're all driving on the wrong side of the road!