kitt vs other cars

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

tkr9
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by tkr9 » Sun Aug 10, 2003 9:18 pm

Wussy Do-Gooder's rule! As for cars that shoot things, what about the pink Rolls Royce in Thunderbirds, the one that belonged to Lady Penelope. Now it would take something to get it around corners but besides being pink it was quite a useful vehicle. Not sure it would actually intentionally do any damage though.

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Sun Aug 10, 2003 11:37 pm

Nah Kitty would just run it over! :lol:
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nivek
FLAG Recruit

Post by nivek » Mon Aug 11, 2003 12:17 am

i don't known the car you are talking about.

Stag4
Volunteer

Post by Stag4 » Mon Sep 15, 2003 2:01 am

Kitt will lose to no one.

Miked
Recruit

Post by Miked » Wed Sep 17, 2003 2:22 am

(Didn't I already post this before? I swear some of my posts are missing.)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I vote that Christine would be the eventual winner in a death-match of all the hollywood cars.

I mean, in the end of the movie, they crushed the thing into a cube.
And in the last shot, it started to straighten itself out.

I don't think even KITT could compete with that.

tkr9
Operative

Post by tkr9 » Wed Sep 17, 2003 8:41 am

They could always melt Christine down for spare parts... actually, then she might sort of ooze back together again like in Terminator... I think it was terminator...

Arjun
Operative

Post by Arjun » Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:07 am

My vote goes for Automan's Autocar.

It can do anything that's not real! Of course, it would disappear during the day, but I don't understand that idea.

comets78
Rookie

Post by comets78 » Wed Sep 17, 2003 3:49 pm

what about karr i know kitt beat destroy it 2 but what about it huh?

nivek
FLAG Recruit

Post by nivek » Wed Sep 17, 2003 8:11 pm

if you look back in this thread you will find that karr has already been brought up

ultimatechamp
Stranger

Post by ultimatechamp » Fri Sep 19, 2003 12:01 pm

KITT was primarily designed to save lives(M Knight's life in particular),so it didn't have any so-called offensive weapons,unlike Bond's gizmos!

Jayke
Stranger

Post by Jayke » Fri Sep 19, 2003 12:14 pm

I don't think there is a car that's better than KITT! I have a question. Was there ever an episode where KITT was destroyed? I seem to remember KITT being white instead of black after falling down some hole or something. Of course this could also be a figment of my imagination. It was on TV when I was about 4!!!

nivek
FLAG Recruit

Post by nivek » Fri Sep 19, 2003 12:57 pm

no I remember that to but like you I don't remember the show.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Fri Sep 19, 2003 2:18 pm

Junk Yard Dog was the show. He didn't fall into a hole, he was pushed into an toxic waste pit. They rebuilt him, and during the testing, he was white.

KI

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Fri Sep 19, 2003 7:32 pm

About the KITT vs. Viper fight...

I think the Viper has two very bad flaws. One being that when it flips over into it's armored mode, the armor reveals the vulnerable insides for a second or two. The other being that the Viper can be totally controlled via an external connection. Presuming KITT can patch into that control frequency, KITT can totally neutralize the Viper and entomb it's passengers. Also, those moving armor plates totally suck at protecting the Viper against any large impacts. KITT can simply ram the Viper to pieces.

That EMP pulse is probably the only danger KITT has to face from the Viper Defender.

I suspect that once the internet age came about, the Foundation might have faced the theft of the MBS and it being released on the net, where any criminal of the week who built a utility vehicle could make and apply it. (Sort of happened in TKR.)

During my mini-marathon, I saw an episode where KITT mentioned having trouble against going up against five bullet proofed vehicles at one time. And, they even admitted those vehicles weren't indestructible. Was an early episode. Don't remember the title.

nivek
FLAG Recruit

Post by nivek » Fri Sep 19, 2003 7:34 pm

very good point.

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Fri Sep 19, 2003 7:49 pm

Imagine what happens when KARR meets Terminator II.

===

Honestly, I have got to wonder what would happen if the T2 grabbed ahold of one of KARR's moving doors. (Or, hood) Would the door give under the T2's pull?

But, that lady from the T3 movie with her machine controlling arm probe? Now, that REALLY could present a problem, should she find a spot to access. Killer KITT doesn't even begin to shed any light on that situation.

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Fri Sep 19, 2003 7:53 pm

nivek wrote:any ways I thank we have found something that kitt can't do the 90 degree turns.
Those 200+ MPH turns KITT does while in SPM on the city streets cut pretty close. :lol:

===

According to my combat engine, THERE IS ONE very annoying car that can defeat KITT. Herbie, The Love Bug. (jup feels ill over even mentioning that. :oops: ) The running theory is that Herbie is a good guy character from Disney, which causes the Disney "good guy must win" rule to go into effect. Alas, even the mighty KITT can't overcome such a magical rule.

BTW: Herbie is officially retired from my combat engine.

nivek
FLAG Recruit

Post by nivek » Fri Sep 19, 2003 11:00 pm

According to my combat engine, THERE IS ONE very annoying car that can defeat KITT. Herbie, The Love Bug. (jup feels ill over even mentioning that. ) The running theory is that Herbie is a good guy character from Disney, which causes the Disney "good guy must win" rule to go into effect. Alas, even the mighty KITT can't overcome such a magical rule.

you have a good point but there is one flaw in it. That yes herbie is a good guy and that is where you flaw is because there both good but kitt gets reprogramed so he becomes evil but most of the time kitt is good. so in that case kitt would win because herbie would not have that rule helping him out. ether that they just would not fight. but for some reason I don't think kitt would get along with herbie.

Tony J Case
Recruit

Post by Tony J Case » Fri Oct 17, 2003 3:37 am

Hey guys - long time lurker, first time poster. . . . and I just had to chime in on this one.

Someone mentioned the Mach V from Speed Racer, and then quickly dismissed the notion that it could challenge Kitt. I wouldn't be so quick to condemn Speed and his ride - lets break down the Mach V, shall we?

Top speed on the Mach V is about 200 miles an hour, so KITT flat out can dust Speed in a drag race.

The Mach V's Power Jacks vs KITT's Turbo Boost - both cars can jump, so this one's a push.

The Mach V's belted tires allows the vehicle traction on just about every type or terrain. KITT's not so great once you get him off road. Ice or slick roads will be a hindrance for KITT and slow his performance. The Mach V's off road capability is further enhanced by the front mounted rotary saws. Even larger trees are no problem for Speed, while it's tough to turbo boost over a forest of redwoods.

Both cars are bulletproof, so this too is a push. However, the Mach V's cockpit can be sealed allowing underwater travel. KITT doesn't handle water so well, as shown in Return to Cadiz.

The Mach V has special ultraviolet headlights, allowing Speed to see in the dark. The Mach V also has a homing robot that can act as a scout or send messages back to home base. Neither of these however are much of a match against KITT's vast array of sensors, however.

So - if our little Car vs Car battle is the form of a race, the victory would be determined by what the course is. If it's a straight up racetrack, then KITT's higher top end speed would probably snatch victory from the Racer clan. If it's a cross-country race, where Speed does most of his racing, the off-road capabilities would carry the day for the Mach V.

And frankly the outcome would probably be a draw anyway, since both Michael and Speed would get caught up trying to thwart the nefarious plot of the Ninja Assassin Ring and their attempt to kidnap the visiting Princess who was attending the race. They'd both be so busy fighting the Bad Guys, they wouldn't have time to finish the race.

nivek
FLAG Recruit

Post by nivek » Fri Oct 17, 2003 2:13 pm

you are not right on the off road thing there are two show that I can name that kitt goes off road and does really well for the type of car he is the show are knight of a thousand devils and in hills of fire. in this two show it shows Bonnie can make kitt able to handle off road really easy so the off road would be a push to if you look at it like this.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Fri Oct 17, 2003 6:17 pm

hey! I'm glad somebody responded to my Mach 5 suggestion. All those things you say are true. I still think KITT would whoop him, but it would be awesome to see.

And from what I've gathered (mainly because Speed Racer was a cartoon), the Mach 5 can jump higher with it's jacks then KITT can with his jets, but I dunno how much of an advantage that would give him...

And about the Viper fight, people greatly underestimate the abilities of KITT's Micro Jam/Lock. He could easily knock out anyone of the Vipers functions and, as someone mentioned, possibly even take control of the car.

I don't think KITT would prove to be quite the pushover to the bAtmobile as people are saying. I think KITT might just be faster in Super Pursuit Mode. Or at least more manueverable (the Batmobile is LONG) And besides...there's always that micro lock issue again.

If KITT's laser is installed, then there's a weapon, the rockets are a weapon, but can only be fired out the back. Napalm can be fired out of the back. And good ol' oil slick and smoke screen can prove frustratign to the opponent. And though he doesn't like to, the MBS itself can prove a valuable weapon in ramming, mwahahaha.

Regardless of who would win in a fight...I'd still want KITT more than any other car...after all, he can TALK! lol
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

nivek
FLAG Recruit

Post by nivek » Mon Oct 20, 2003 11:29 pm

like I have said before i don't think there is an other car that could kill kitt.

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:34 pm

My combat engine LOVES the MBS ramming attack with KITT. Every fight (Outside those lousy multiple Herbie fights) had KITT turn the opponent into junk with two major ramming impacts.

It was downright weird to see the same tactic happen over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over...

I do admit that I was afraid to run the KITT vs. KARR situation. After all, that engine CAN produce a never ending combat situation. (Though, I have never seen it happen.)

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:37 pm

Excellent Mach V analysis Tony. Is it fair to say that the Mammoth Car could easily defeat Goliath? Even without MBS, I think the sheer mass of the Mammoth Car would trash Goliath.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Mon Oct 27, 2003 7:10 pm

lol! The Mammoth car, I remember that! Well, in a perfectly even fight...maybe not, but it could always ram goliath off a cliff or something
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"