a kr without hasselhoff?

Archive for discussions from 2002. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

li
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

a kr without hasselhoff?

Post by li » Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:43 pm

From what I have read D.H hasn't decided yet if he's gonna take an actual part in the new movie.
I admit, it would be strange to watch him as an older Michael, and maybe some of us would prefer to remember Michael as a young good looking guy, but really guys, what would a movie without our Michael knight be?

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

a kr without hasselhoff?

Post by knightimmortal » Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:46 pm

It's in most of these articles, it hasn't been decided how much of a part DH would play. I am pretty sure that he will be in there somewhere.

It would be as big of a flop as other things KR that are non-Hasselhoff. *Waiting for the Hasselhoff haters to bash me.*

knightimmortal

[ August 21, 2002: Message edited by: knightimmortal ]

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

a kr without hasselhoff?

Post by K.I.T.T » Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:53 pm

David is Michael Knight NO ONE can play Michael ever in my books...if they have someone else as him then it willl be for me a sad day for Knight Rider...Though David has been an idol/hero when i was younger for me and i will always look up to him.
David David David !! woohoo

K.I.T.T [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Holic
Volunteer

a kr without hasselhoff?

Post by Holic » Wed Aug 21, 2002 5:03 pm

I don´t care that he´s 50 now- I definately want David Hasselhoff to play Michael Knight, no one else should.

Skav
FLAG Operative

a kr without hasselhoff?

Post by Skav » Wed Aug 21, 2002 5:43 pm

I think what this thread was asking was that maybe it won't even be a Michael Knight Knight Rider....unless the major motion picture does the remake of the pilot and someone else will have to fit into Hasselhoff's shoes. And for that, and that only reason..I'll forgive the script writers.

Any other reason, and I'll be asking to be let in for half price!

Skav

KITT
FLAG Assistant

a kr without hasselhoff?

Post by KITT » Wed Aug 21, 2002 6:25 pm

hasselhoff-bashers suck.

KITT

CSPilot
Volunteer

a kr without hasselhoff?

Post by CSPilot » Thu Aug 22, 2002 1:31 am

This is just a thought but the name Michael Knight could be like a James Bond character. Where the name resembles a character that carries the same qualities and features that we all know and love.

I dont think I would have problem with that.

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

a kr without hasselhoff?

Post by K.I.T.T » Thu Aug 22, 2002 3:32 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chad:
<STRONG>This is just a thought but the name Michael Knight could be like a James Bond character. Where the name resembles a character that carries the same qualities and features that we all know and love.

I dont think I would have problem with that.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

do you mean as they have had diffrent people playing james bond they could get it to work with Knight Rider?
In that respect it wouldent work with me coz David has been Michael from start to now any change would be a horrid

SadArticle
Operative

a kr without hasselhoff?

Post by SadArticle » Thu Aug 22, 2002 9:51 am

James Bond was a character in a book before he hit the big screen, so it was easy to change actors (although the basic character remained the same). But David made Michael, I think - acting aside - with the actor's own quirks and approach. I'm not the biggest Michael/David fan myself, but what I liked was the partnership between Kitt and his driver. I think as long as Kitt has someone to bond/spar with, a change could work. It would be nice to see David as Michael, but maybe Michael in a background role would be even worse than no Michael at all. Not sure.

And please God, if there's a 'new' driver, don't let it be a Josh Hartnett-style actor! [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] The role needs someone slightly older, with charm and some substance

Sarah

M!5
Volunteer

a kr without hasselhoff?

Post by M!5 » Thu Aug 22, 2002 6:02 pm

Here's an idea:

In the beginning of the film, we see some scenes from the original, inclucing Michael being shot. Then he goes in for plastic surgery, and comes out looking nothing like the one and only David Hasselhoff

M!5

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

a kr without hasselhoff?

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Aug 22, 2002 6:10 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SadArticle:
<STRONG>And please God, if there's a 'new' driver, don't let it be a Josh Hartnett-style actor! [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] The role needs someone slightly older, with charm and some substance
</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I definitely agree that Josh Hartnett is wrong for the role... I put him down as a prediction simply because he's done other work for Revolution (Black Hawk Down) and I believe has some sort of contract with them to do 1 or 2 more films.

Mike

Newcastle knight
Operative

a kr without hasselhoff?

Post by Newcastle knight » Thu Aug 22, 2002 7:16 pm

how about Arnold Shwarzenegger ??? LOL

well at least he can wear a leather jacket !

"C'mon kitt, vee have got to get out of heear!"

but seriously, id have to have a good long think about somebody to play the role if it were to end up like that.

scott

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

a kr without hasselhoff?

Post by knightimmortal » Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:16 pm

Hmmm...Adrian Paul of Highlander: The Series fame....mmmmmmm he'd make a good next gen Knight Rider.... *smacks self* I will stop now.

knightimmortal

Skav
FLAG Operative

a kr without hasselhoff?

Post by Skav » Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:37 pm

If he were still alive, i'd go for Brandon Lee. He looked great in a leather coat...the short one that is...not the long one in the crow movie.
let's swing this around a bit and why not an asian guy of some sort? although i can hardly picture jackie chan or chris tucker in the role of michael :P

hmmm...josh "comb your hair" hartnett? his acting talents have actually grown to be a lot more better during the course of his movies but i guess his hair has something to do with it that turns ppl off

ben affleck?

Skav

*wow, it's the right thread this time!!*