New TKR (idea)

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KnightAvenger77
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

New TKR (idea)

Post by KnightAvenger77 » Tue Sep 09, 2003 3:28 pm

what if KARR was put back together and him and KITT and MK were a team! it would still be "one man" since KITT or KARR could Drive themselves? of course KARRS Programming would be changed to be like KITTS

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Tue Sep 09, 2003 4:01 pm

If KARRs programing was changed, what would be the point? Mind as well just use a new car, with a new personality. And I don't think KARR would allow that to happen, cause its basically like he's getting a lobotomy.

Perhaps also this is an idea for a new series, that shouldn't be called TKR, cause that already happened, and failed. I doubt it would be good to continue that naming type.

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Tue Sep 09, 2003 4:48 pm

Maybe Karr could be a slightly more dangerous Kitt, but on the side of good. He could be like a rebel without a cause or something.

Then incorporate him into the body of a late model black Camaro, and Kitt could be a new T/A.

I kind of like this concept! Something like this came to me too right after TKR flopped :) !
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Wed Sep 10, 2003 1:00 am

Hmmm the power of 3.
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tkr9
Operative

Post by tkr9 » Wed Sep 10, 2003 6:32 pm

For me TKR could never flop. With those initials it could do no wrong, no matter how awful it was.

My vanity knows no bounds...

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:48 pm

we noticed! :lol:

tkr9
Operative

Post by tkr9 » Thu Sep 11, 2003 9:19 am

Subtlety of a sledgehammer.
:roll:

If they did another series, they could use TKR, cos it was a lovely logo, but they should stick to the one man and his car, putting so many in did seem sensible considering the evils of the world, but instead of them all going in one direction, they could all be distributed to different missions. The only thing really unrealistic about KR was there was only one KITT. With so many crimes going on, in the US and around the world, having lots and each handling a different mission would make much more sense.

Not sure how it could be a series though, cos you'd lose character sympathy if you kept switching all the time.

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Thu Sep 11, 2003 5:34 pm

Other shows have pulled of that muiliple story line thing...in fact it seems quite trendy at the moment...

Shows like ER and 24 pulled it off quite well.

tkr9
Operative

Post by tkr9 » Fri Sep 12, 2003 7:38 pm

I didn't like ER or 24 cos I didn't really get to identify with one character. I'm a one-man woman, Sherlock Holmes (all right, and Watson), KITT (and Michael - if we must *ducks*), John Steed (and friend/s), Tweed... (and Marler - does anyone else here like Colin Forbes?)

But some people like multi-character shows and it would make for a very interesting TV project. Different operatives working on unrelated cases each week is a very rare TV experiment. Rockateer and I, under the influence of rocket juice, might even be daft enough to try a screenplay (but just before TKR9 begins, the rocket juice wears off... depressed, she goes back to her real life, and her picture of Jeremy Northam.)

nivek
FLAG Recruit

Post by nivek » Fri Sep 12, 2003 8:25 pm

Hmmm the power of 3.

no fire michael just have the two cars.

tkr9
Operative

Post by tkr9 » Fri Sep 12, 2003 9:22 pm

Erm, I don't follow. Sounds good though.

Arjun
Operative

Post by Arjun » Sat Sep 13, 2003 7:31 am

If you remember my idea for a Knight Rider spin-off, you can try that.

Michael Knight/KITT- Enough said.
RC3/Dirt Bike- Public Relations/Intelligence
Jeff/Heavy Weapon Unit- Aggression/Weapons
David Dalton/Jeep- Infiltration/Stealth

The Heavy Weapon Unit is a parcel van/short truck, which is linked to Michael, KITT, RC3, the Foundation Mobile Unit and everyone in this "League of the Knights" (That's my title), but also carries armour-piercing missiles, seeking missiles, shotguns, machine guns, flares, lob grenades and 5 BIG rockets. The vehicle is used when needed, the weapons in case of emergency, the big rockets to attack planes, choppers and heavily armed vehicles.

Jeff is a brawny character, one of my originals. He is an aggressive individual, who doesn't think twice before delivering a knock! He can drive anything.

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Sun Sep 14, 2003 10:22 pm

I've been thinking of a new KR fan fiction that's all about Michael dealing with the new, female recruit team, Kimberly and the Knight Industries Millennium Edition. (K.I.M.E. (Pronounced Kim-e))

Since I'll probably never even begin to write it, I'll just spoil the mid-turning point...they both die on their first mission and there Michael was too far away to save them.

TT Snim
Operative

Post by TT Snim » Mon Sep 15, 2003 2:25 am

I had a whole Siries going called Taho... Had to pull it down. Was going to involve a lot of cars and AI.
I'm planing on doing a TKR AU. It would be writen in small stand alone stories of about 20 pagges each, like individual eps, but they would all conect. I'd defenetly change stuff. But I love the whole team KR idea. I, for the record, hate the combo car.