kitt kitt kitt noooo!

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

what would happen if kitt and karr hit one another head on both at full strength?

Poll ended at Sat Dec 06, 2003 12:43 am

both get killed
7%
they hit and fall and are all smashed up
71%
kitt wins
21%
karr wins
No votes

Total votes: 14

nivek
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

kitt kitt kitt noooo!

Post by nivek » Sun Sep 07, 2003 1:43 am

uh ok I was wondering what would happen if karr and kitt would hit like they did in the show kitt vs karr but karr had not been weekend before hand?

sheltonw3
FLAG Recruit

UH....I hate to burst the bubble but.............

Post by sheltonw3 » Sun Sep 07, 2003 2:42 am

this theory has been asked atleast a thousand times before as any two cars would collide there would be some serious damage and me and my cousin raced two 1/8 scale size kitt/karr rc's against each other and when they collided and nothing really happend ,they both just collided and stopped!...but if the 2 super cars had actually collided I think there might have been some minor damage with the molecular bonded shell either way ,but when kitt collided with goliath it was a totally different story because kitt was up against a 18 ton semi and anybody knows t/a v.s. semi no contest!...but however if kitt was to collide with karr and michael was at the wheel in all likelyhood he would not survive the impact!
"Really?....some people are simply just too much!"

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:34 am

i picked KITT winning.
and here is my reasoning...
KITT would win on any challenge with KARR, because KARR's primary function thing is self preservation, and he wouldn't want to die, or fall to pieces, so he'd always chicken out at the last second. therefore, KITT would always win in those instances, because his primary program is the preservation of human life.

KITT
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Katt
Operative

Post by Katt » Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:56 am

KITT wrote:i picked KITT winning.
and here is my reasoning...
KITT would win on any challenge with KARR, because KARR's primary function thing is self preservation, and he wouldn't want to die, or fall to pieces, so he'd always chicken out at the last second. therefore, KITT would always win in those instances, because his primary program is the preservation of human life.

KITT
Theres only one problem with that, in that scene in KvK before the turbo boost, he was the one who charged at Kitt first, and then Kitt took off, I think, at that moment, Karr wasn't thinking 'got to save myself', he was ready to die, and to some extent even thought he would be. He was taken over with anger, and was revengful, and he he probably said to hell with the programming, I'm going to take Kitt and his driver out if it kills me, which, it did. :?

pdennis93
FLAG Recruit

Post by pdennis93 » Mon Sep 08, 2003 1:33 am

thus the whole "if i am destroyed, so can you be" statement made just before he uh, was blown to smitherenes.

Miked
Recruit

Post by Miked » Mon Sep 08, 2003 1:43 am

Michael weighs like 180 pounds.
So KITT would have that much more momentum. So he'd just barely win, thanks to his fine fro-haired friend.

tkr9
Operative

Post by tkr9 » Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:42 pm

None of the above, they'd richochet off each other.

No, KITT would win because KITT has justice on his side... yes, that so sounds convincing doesn't it...

KnightAvenger77
Rookie

Post by KnightAvenger77 » Mon Sep 08, 2003 3:45 pm

in KITT vs KARR, wasnt kitt hurt by KARR's laser? and he said "i dont think i can take anothre blow like that!" then he just drives right through KARR? oulsnt he have blown up too? wouldnt ramming into a weakened MBS be wore than the modified laser?

KnightAvenger77
Rookie

Post by KnightAvenger77 » Mon Sep 08, 2003 3:46 pm

or at least take some damage?

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Mon Sep 08, 2003 4:56 pm

Both of them totally undamaged, I think they would take impact damage but basically would just ricochet off of each other.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Victory Red
Rookie

Post by Victory Red » Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:02 pm

Since both are made of the same stuff and they both are the same type of car and they are both moving at the same speed then the same thing will happen to both. Only logical. lol

aussieknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by aussieknight » Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:14 am

Sheltonw3, is that a picture of the KITT prototype you have for an Avatar pic? They shoulda used that for KARR, I reckon. I'd love to know how they went from that nose to the later style nose design. Guess I'd have to buy the Knight Rider Legacy book to find out.
:spmgo:
"What do you mean, 'get'? You ARE in big trouble." -KITT, Not a Drop to Drink.

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:41 am

Yup, it looks like I can't hold back anymore either on that Knight Rider Legacy book. I needs it bad :) !
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

Michael SS-R
Recruit

Post by Michael SS-R » Tue Sep 09, 2003 2:06 am

I voted that at full strength they would both be hurting and damaged..

immovable object, unstoppable force=

Katt
Operative

Post by Katt » Tue Sep 09, 2003 3:43 am

what I never got about KvK was, where the HELL was Kitt's programming in that last scene? I mean Karr's sitting there shooting a laser that could destroy Kitt at them, and then the final head on turbo boost. Why at no point did Kitt ever eject Michael from the cab, or try take control or SOMETHING, I mean, wasn't he in fear of Michael's life? :? And I don't remember ever seeing Michael override Kitt like he did in Trust Doesn't Rust, unless it got edited out.

tkr9
Operative

Post by tkr9 » Tue Sep 09, 2003 12:19 pm

Michael SSR, no one knows what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object! It's one of science's biggest conumdrums.
I think if both objects are indescructable they would simply have to bounce off each other. (although KITT's shell seemed remarkably easy to dent, I always wandered why they didn't call it a very tough but not always reliable shell rather than indestructable.)

tkr9
Operative

Post by tkr9 » Tue Sep 09, 2003 12:22 pm

In addition we are forgetting another scientific conumdrum. Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle. Contrary to the appalling philosophy in the Matrix that even a first year politics student found hysterically funny, we cannot be sure of cause and effect so even if the twain did meet, we can't be sure of anything that follows because we only assume a link between cause and effect. We see one thing preceed another and assume it is the cause. Therefore the two might explode, or bounce off each other because of internal faults or even splits in the space time continuum, we could never be certain that the collision caused the effect...

Ouch, brain hurts, must go and do essay and not be here... must go...must go...