What should the NEW KITT have?

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Victory Red
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

What should the NEW KITT have?

Post by Victory Red » Thu Sep 04, 2003 2:27 pm

Here is my question:

If Knight Rider Comes Back, what special features should KITT have?

Here are a few of my ideas:

Cloaking/Cameleon Technology :Pulls up in front of a wall, then he takes on the appearance of that wall. But it is flawed, not perfect so there are times when the BAD GUY might be able to see him)

Maximum Overdrive :kind of a Super Persuit but he does realistic speeds like up to 300 KPH, maybe introduce a N2O Nitrous Boost to get the younger street crowd interested in the show. Maybe a Big rear wing grows the faster he gets and his hood opens up or something mild like that, but nothing crazy like the old SPM.

MINI KITT & ANGEL: A small RC type of KITT (Mini KITT)with its own AI Programing that goes where the Big Guy cant get and where it is unsafe for the human to go. Guardian is a small flying probe with a whisper mode so the baddies cant hear him coming, he is a sort of eye in the sky for KITT as well he would have his own AI personality.

NANO-Technology: Instead of being indestructable make him self repairable. He will still have a super armored shell but he can get damaged. So when he does nanos repair him. Could work well with story writers.

Glowing Body Seems : To convey KITTS emotions. Red when he is MAD, Blue when he is sad, that kind of thing. Hehe could be fun.

Here are some of my ideas, lets hear yours.

brennan- Holographic Projector : KITT could project a holographic image of animate and inanimate objects. ie,. a holographic michael knight to fool the bad guys to thinking michael is in one place when he is not.

CB2001- Cutting Blades : ie,. Circular Saws/Blades that extract to cut into walls, cars etc then retract into the front bumper.

aussieknight- Projectile Weapons : ie,. missles, guns and more guns.

Miked- Molecular Bonded Shell: keep the shell but with limitations. Like the original.

tkr9- Food Replicator : Coffee, coffee and cups. Maybe a small storage of food too.

Knicks4973- Hover Ability : Able to hover over water and ground for short distances.

Ghost-Unmade- GPS and Communication Tap : An explaination to why KITT always has a map on screen and knows just where he is. The ability to tap into any and all communications, ie,. phones, computers, internet, TV, etc.
Last edited by Victory Red on Fri Sep 05, 2003 1:50 pm, edited 8 times in total.

brennan
Volunteer

Post by brennan » Thu Sep 04, 2003 6:01 pm

i think kitt should be able to project a hologram from his front scanner
you know like a holographic michael knight to fool the bad guys to thinking
michael is in one place when he is not.
just think this could work with animals come on who would not run from a
over sized lion. 8)

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Thu Sep 04, 2003 6:11 pm

Well, one of the features I'd like KITT to have, which I featured in my "Knight Rider" movie script is a mini circular saw installed under a flap in the bumper.

Oh yeah, and everything else the old KITT had.

aussieknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by aussieknight » Thu Sep 04, 2003 6:59 pm

WEAPONS!!! KITT needs weapons! Forget all this impossible laser and nano-nano Mork & Mindy crap. Guns guns guns...KITT had missiles that fired from the rear, so shoot some out the front too. Yeah!
"What do you mean, 'get'? You ARE in big trouble." -KITT, Not a Drop to Drink.

Miked
Recruit

Post by Miked » Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:29 pm

I'd like to see KITT keep a molecular-bonded shell of some sort.
Maybe they took it overboard a few times in the old series. Although they forcibly destroyed him enough times, maybe KITT should have had a few more physical limits in things like falls and crashes.
But the basic idea of the car being able to survive jumps, collisions, bullets, and explosions without a scratch? That was cool, and still is.

It also solved a lot of problems, actually. The General Lee did just as much ramming, jumping, etc. (It even rolled over once without damage!)But there was never any explanation of how it was able to do it.
KITT's unreal powers actually helped it seem more real to me as a kid.

Top speed should be at least 250, but not more than 300 or so. And this speed should be rarely used.
SPM was founded on sound logic, but needed to be less cartoonish. Maybe just a wing & front air-dam, and a rear parachute for stopping.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know the "Micro-lock" type stuff that worked form a distance, that appeared in the later series?
I mean like when Michael would hold up his comlink watch to a padlock, and then it would open, for example.

I think those powers have to be scrapped this time around. It just threw reality out the window, and too many kids today would know it.

tkr9
Operative

Post by tkr9 » Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:48 pm

Coffee maker and cup holder. :lol:

And an explanation for why my computer is being difficult.

Knicks4973
Operative

Post by Knicks4973 » Thu Sep 04, 2003 10:24 pm

No one said anything about driving on water. They should bring that ability back.

The camealon ability would be cool, the same with the projection feature.

I also like the mini-KITT idea. They had an episode in the 4th season that featured SID, a mini flying camera. But something with more intelligence would be better, and having it and KITT talk to each other would be fun to watch.

How about a hover feature? Maybe KITT could hover above the ground for short periods of time? For example, KITTs on the highway and it's backed up. But there's an overpass. Maybe KITT could hover up to it? It would be a feature that is used sparingly because it would have to have limits; maybe it uses a lot of KITTs batteries or something else to hover?

Jared

KnightAvenger77
Rookie

Post by KnightAvenger77 » Thu Sep 04, 2003 10:41 pm

they sohuld have the same old KITT, none of this camo stuff, but the saw would be pretty funny, seeing KITT just driving into cars just slicing them like pizza

Knicks about the hover kitt has TURBO BOOST to fly over backed up highways, and i dont remeber kitt ever being on a highway, just driving on town roads, or on dirt roads

sofchance
Rookie

Post by sofchance » Fri Sep 05, 2003 12:53 am

I agree...simplicity is beauty.
Cloaking and holograms and weapons? Have any of you seen "Die Another Day"? That movie took James Bond and turned it into a sci-fi franchise, and wasn't very good (imo)...even his "cloaking" car seemed impossible in reality.
Besides, most of the stuff already mentioned has been seen...on VIPER! Now, that show was decent but it was no KR.

And remember, to make the movie/series interesting, KITT has to have some sorts of vulnerabilities. It just won't work with KITT being invisible/indestructible/having photon torpedoes!

jk

Knight 'n' Day
Recruit

Post by Knight 'n' Day » Fri Sep 05, 2003 1:22 am

I have to agree with KnightAvenger77 and sofchance on this one. You risk overdoing it by packing too much stuff into KITT. Leave all the fancy weapons and gadgets to Bond. KITT was only equipped with what he needed to get the job done and I believe that that is the way it should stay.

Ghost-Unmade
Rookie

Post by Ghost-Unmade » Fri Sep 05, 2003 11:07 am

I prefer to stay a bit more realistic. He should definately have digital communications abilities, which would allow him to tap into phones, cell phones, radios, tv streams, serf the internet etc. Not to mention a GPS system that can lock onto anything and track it(as well as explaining how KITT always has a map of where he is). Turbo boost should be separated into "jump" and "speed boost", also he should have retro rockets installed on the hood that fire backwards, for when he has stop very quickly.

As far as weapons, how about a sonic disabler since sonic weapons technology are currently an experimental field. Something that could (true to KITT's non violent nature) could knock guys down, or blow tires and stuff.

Oh yeah, and Mac Os 12 :D

Victory Red
Rookie

Post by Victory Red » Fri Sep 05, 2003 12:57 pm

OK. Lets update this list then.

GOTO THE TOP

MetalGod
Stranger

Post by MetalGod » Sat Sep 06, 2003 6:46 am

I think the car should be grounded in reality...Make it high tech, but give it technology that would be available 5-10 years from now.....So its a car that can do 200MPH [or a little bit over]....So it's a car with vast internet capabilities [satelite enhanced, able to read NSA files], maybe bullet proof, perhaps even able to jam communications...Please, make it gorunded in riality, make it VULNERABLE....

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Sat Sep 06, 2003 8:56 am

Oh yeah, I almost forgot...

There are a couple of devices that I had thought about putting on KARR in a "KITT vs KARR" movie script to go with the "Knight Rider" movie script. I was going to explain that since KARR was a prototype, there were some items in KARR that are superior and inferior to KARR.

The first item is tactical countermeasures. You've seen "Air Force One", right? You remember the tactical countermeasures that the plane had when trying to avoid being blown up by enemy jets? I thought about what would happen if KARR or KITT had such countermeasures, a means of insuring that they don't get hit by a missile (hey, KITT had to dodge a heat seaking missile, which was rather difficult to do, when time is definately against him). The countermeasures would be installed in both the front and the back bumpers and can be released when needed.

The second is a chameleon mode, which gives the ability to not only change body color, but to also trick people. For what I had in mind for the "KITT vs. KARR" movie script, KARR uses this while in a junkyard during the final standoff between the two, KITT passes by KARR, which has used the chameleon mode to look like a rusted up junker car.

Old Man Miles
Recruit

Post by Old Man Miles » Sat Sep 06, 2003 4:56 pm

Jesus! Why don't we just give KITT an army?! The mini KITT idea was good but the food replicators? This isn't the 24th century! The car should have limitations! Not be invincibal! Stay in reality here people!
(Takes breath) ok i'm done

Victory Red
Rookie

Post by Victory Red » Sat Sep 06, 2003 5:24 pm

Old Man Miles wrote:Jesus! Why don't we just give KITT an army?! The mini KITT idea was good but the food replicators? This isn't the 24th century! The car should have limitations! Not be invincibal! Stay in reality here people!
(Takes breath) ok i'm done
:D lol. I guess I should have worded that better hey? Food Processor, might be a better name. I storage of non parishable foods on hand for when the Operative is hungry or thirsty.

And a Buddy Jesus Statue on the Dash. Now that would be cool. hehe lol

Victory Red
Rookie

Post by Victory Red » Sat Sep 06, 2003 5:57 pm

This one is for all of the street racers out there that the producers might want to consider attracting.

A Killer Stereo System. w/Subs, neons, graphic EQ the whole ten yards.

nivek
FLAG Recruit

Post by nivek » Sat Sep 06, 2003 7:08 pm

think kitt should be able to project a hologram from his front scanner

so kinda like R2D2 does in starwars right. that would be cool bet i don't think he needs wepons. one of those reason it would kill his main program not to take human live.

Victory Red
Rookie

Post by Victory Red » Sat Sep 06, 2003 7:40 pm

I think KITT should be able to project an Avatar of what he wants to look like. Either in the passengers seat or even in the drivers seat when the operative is not driving him. That way we can have a human manifestation of the machine, like on the show Andromeda. And in the drivers seat that way one other drivers wouldnt get spooked and get into an accident cause I know I would if a car went by me without anyone in the driveers seat. It would help out production as well to ahve a human at the wheel pretending to be a hologram that is driving and we wouldnt have to live with a whole new era of the rear seat hump.

Miked
Recruit

Post by Miked » Mon Sep 08, 2003 1:16 am

The show's producers originally intended KITT to be a James-Bond of a car, full of gadgets.
But whatever they had envisioned, it ultimately turned into much more of a "buddy" show between KITT and Michael.
At that point, more gadgets were just more stuff to have to write around in order to put KITT in jeapordy.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's a classic mistake when writing fictional superheroes:
People concentrate on making the heroes so cool and capable. Yet, it is the VILLIAN or THREAT to the good guys that works to make them so cool.

Luke Skywalker wasn't cool. Luke, fighting DARTH VADER, was cool.

I say KITT's adversary, not his gadgets, would make or break a new movie.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Sep 08, 2003 1:26 am

Miked wrote: I say KITT's adversary, not his gadgets, would make or break a new movie.
A man after my own heart. Well, maybe just in the platonic sense. But I definitely agree that villians are a key to success. It makes me want them to get rid of Hasselhoff completely in the first movie (thinking optimistically!) and then have him appear in the sequel only as Garthe Knight.

I can't get behind the idea of hologrpahic projectors, "angels", stealth/chameleon modes or other radical additions. I think it will come across that they're imitating other TV/movie cars. 20 years laer, KITT is still THE best gadget-car ever created. Just a few tweaks here and there (heads-up display?) and I'll be happy.

Mike
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Ghost-Unmade
Rookie

Post by Ghost-Unmade » Wed Sep 10, 2003 10:48 pm

I too, prefer to keep it simple, and believable, and certainly agree that its the villians, not the heroes, that make a good story. To have a good plot there must be a challenge that is difficult for the hero to overcome (The Empire, Sauron, the Romulans etc.) make the hero too invincible and the story starts to suck.

And more than that, I don't just don't want to see a plot that goes overboard with KITT gadgets and expects me to buy it. Suspension of Disbelief is a more crucial concept in modern Sci-fi than ever before.

KnightAvenger77
Rookie

Post by KnightAvenger77 » Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:05 am

If your gonna make a car with all that trash, you can just call it KIFT and DONT leave out the fax machine

dont messa round with the TRUE champion KITT

Arjun
Operative

Post by Arjun » Thu Sep 11, 2003 9:06 am

That buzz saw? I would NOT want to see KITT crossed with MOCK 5 from Speed Racer.

The cloaking unit is quite good. Try it out!

comets78
Rookie

Post by comets78 » Thu Sep 11, 2003 2:16 pm

I like the mini kitt idea but why ruin a good thing? keep the oringal