another Random Kitt qestion?

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

nivek
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

another Random Kitt qestion?

Post by nivek » Sat Sep 06, 2003 10:01 pm

the question is if kitt would brake down on a railroad track and there was no time for michael to push him off of the track and the was a 15 ton (for those who don't know one ton is 2000 pounds) train go causing speed which for a train i thank is right around 50 to 60 mph. and where to hit kitt what would happen to the train? and what would happen to kitt?

ps you choose which way kitt sitting on the track.

pss I don't think it matter much though.

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightdriver » Sat Sep 06, 2003 10:13 pm

OH geez.......
Brian - Knightdriver.com

nivek
FLAG Recruit

Post by nivek » Sun Sep 07, 2003 12:57 am

hay people just to let you know this is not my qestion it is a six years olds qestion.

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Sun Sep 07, 2003 6:35 am

lmao .... right ok. Well i would say the train would be un-harmed and KITT would suffer minor damage... whewwww man...

Next

K.I.T.T

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightdriver » Sun Sep 07, 2003 10:14 am

Well, if your only 6 then why does your profile say 19.
Brian - Knightdriver.com

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Sun Sep 07, 2003 10:24 am

he said it was not his question, but a six year olds.

K.I.T.T

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightdriver » Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:01 am

OH, I guess I was confused as it looks like the 6 year old typed the question too.

My Bad..... NOT!
Brian - Knightdriver.com

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:11 am

lmao... no comment ;)

K.I.T.T

Allen
Volunteer

Post by Allen » Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:32 am

This is a valid question, now I'm curious! I wonder how KITT would survive being slammed in the side by a train. My feeling is that there would HAVE to be some damage, minor or not. At least the electronics in KITT's systems would have to be jolted pretty hard. I know that the car body has the MBS, but how are the insides protected? A major sudden impact like a train collision would have to cause interior damage to some degree.

allen

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:45 am

well if the train would have jolted the electrics then wouldnt all the turbo boosts too?

K.I.T.T

Knicks4973
Operative

Post by Knicks4973 » Sun Sep 07, 2003 7:49 pm

If KITT was kit by a train, he'd be semi-totaled, even with the MBS. Over the years, look at the damage KITT has had. In the pilot, he had dents going through something. Look at what happened when Goliath hit him. Yes, he had the MBS, but he wasn't 15 tons. KITTs MBS will only protect him so much. That kind of force from the train is going to cause major damage. KITT isn't invincible.

tkr9
Operative

Post by tkr9 » Sun Sep 07, 2003 8:16 pm

What's 2000 pounds in kilogrammes?

Goliath did some severe damage cos it was coated in the MBS, and KITT had lost his MBS when the Juggernaut- thing got him. I think he could have survived an impact with a train. Because KITT wasn't fixed to the rail the train would just have kept going, pushing a slightly battered but quite all right KITT in front of it.

If the MBS coated shell just acts like ordinary metal when hit with a metal weight, or gets covered in chemicals, or seawater, then it's not really much use to anyone is it? It can't stop a moving train, cos KITT'd bounce off.
:P

Knicks4973
Operative

Post by Knicks4973 » Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:20 pm

I think a lot of people over-estimate KITT's MBS. In the pilot, KITT went through a brick wall, the side of a truck and under a wing of an airplane, and Devon was complaining about the dents. In KITT vs KARR, when KITT is hit with the laser on the top of his hood, he says he can't take another blow like that. And that was from a beam of light.

Another example is in Rotten Apples. KITT avoids the monster trucks. Why? If his MBS was so strong like a lot of people claim, the could have gone nose to nose and destroyed it. Instead, he avoids it.

If you remember in Custom Made Killer when the train hits the car, the car is destroyed. If KITT was in that position, he'd probably be heavily damaged. His side, if he were hit in the side, would be crushed and whatever else if KITT was sent rolling.

And what about KARR? KARR is destroyed because his front was weakened? His MBS started to fail, probably due to the fall in TDR.

KITT's MBS is strong, but can be damaged. And if a train hit it at 60 MPH, with that size and force, KITT would be a mess.

KnightAvenger77
Rookie

Post by KnightAvenger77 » Sun Sep 07, 2003 10:30 pm

first of all, why would MK have to push kitt off a train track. second kitt has auto pilot, turbo, and if needbe, he could SPM on the tracks being faster than the train

nivek
FLAG Recruit

Post by nivek » Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:41 pm

first of all, why would MK have to push kitt off a train track. second kitt has auto pilot, turbo, and if needbe, he could SPM on the tracks being faster than the train

if he out of gas and just happens be on a train track

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:16 am

Knicks4973 wrote:I think a lot of people over-estimate KITT's MBS. In the pilot, KITT went through a brick wall, the side of a truck and under a wing of an airplane, and Devon was complaining about the dents. In KITT vs KARR, when KITT is hit with the laser on the top of his hood, he says he can't take another blow like that. And that was from a beam of light.
Well, for starters, KITT always complained about getting hit with things and not being able to take another blow like that. There were also a lot of 'there isn't enough room to turbo boost' whines when there really was. KITT, for the most part takes the side of caution, and not wanting to test his MBS further than before. The MBS can take it, but KITT is going on the side of caution.
Another example is in Rotten Apples. KITT avoids the monster trucks. Why? If his MBS was so strong like a lot of people claim, the could have gone nose to nose and destroyed it. Instead, he avoids it.

Once again, he sides with caution. Primarily because Michael is in the vehicle. In "A Plush Ride" as they are racing down the hill out of control, KITT even makes a statement to that effect. "While in all probability I will survive, you, most likely, will not." Not to mention, you don't go nose to nose with monster trucks, they run over you, and that isn't productive at all, when you are trying to get rid of them. You retreat to a more statistical advantage, rather than prolonging the fight.
If you remember in Custom Made Killer when the train hits the car, the car is destroyed. If KITT was in that position, he'd probably be heavily damaged. His side, if he were hit in the side, would be crushed and whatever else if KITT was sent rolling.
I honestly doubt that. You under-estimate the MBS. He would most likely bounce, and have a whole lot of interior damage to his components, but the exterior wouldn't be compromised that drastically. (However, if Michael is inside, the sheer impact would most likely break him like a twig.)
And what about KARR? KARR is destroyed because his front was weakened? His MBS started to fail, probably due to the fall in TDR.
No, he was destroyed from the inside out in theory, after his front was weakened in the only vulnerable spot. If you notice in TDR, they were theorizing the same thing, that they needed to get him in the scanner to be able to disable him.
KITT's MBS is strong, but can be damaged. And if a train hit it at 60 MPH, with that size and force, KITT would be a mess.
Highly doubtful. KITT's MBS can be compromised by outside forces and destabilized, but the MBS is no ordinary metal. When you stop and look at some footage of train wrecks, there are even ordinary trucks that can survive a train hit, they are dented, something that wouldn't happen with KITT's MBS, by all the characteristics that were actually shown in the show.

KI

Miked
Recruit

Post by Miked » Mon Sep 08, 2003 1:35 am

The answer, ladies & gentlemen?
--------------------------------------

Our good buddy KITT would be temporarily destroyed!

As everyone knows, KITT was only put in situations like that when he was to be temporarily disabled!
Why?
Why else? For those darn dramatic considerations!

Yessiree, KITT may be able to fall off a cliff in "Plush Ride."
But, if the all-important plotline calls for Devon to criticize Michael's treatment of the car, then dents may indeed appear!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------