kitt being ruined at toxic waste and by Juggurnaut

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KnightAvenger77
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

kitt being ruined at toxic waste and by Juggurnaut

Post by KnightAvenger77 » Thu Sep 04, 2003 8:06 pm

i dont get why it took all of the scientist team that built kitt to fix him when he got melted, but a mexican street gang could fix him and asdd SPM and the EB and the convertible? :?:

nivek
FLAG Recruit

Post by nivek » Thu Sep 04, 2003 8:11 pm

he had the converitible before knight of the jugernutt for poof of that whach knights flight to freedom and there are a couple more I will have to whach them agien and then i could tell you which ones I am talking about

KnightAvenger77
Rookie

Post by KnightAvenger77 » Thu Sep 04, 2003 8:15 pm

Sci Fi messed up somehow and played Knight Flight to Freedom way outta order if thats what you mean because the day after that, it was the Knight of the Juggernaut part 1 when knight flight to freedom is like the 3rd episode away from the end of season 4

xknightrider
Stranger

Post by xknightrider » Thu Sep 04, 2003 8:27 pm

I dont know about you guys but i enjoyed seeing Micheal and Kitt cruising near 300 mhp on my native chicago streets!

aussieknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by aussieknight » Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:19 pm

You guys can have him! :-D
:kittspin:
"What do you mean, 'get'? You ARE in big trouble." -KITT, Not a Drop to Drink.

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:21 pm

Anyone notice the shot at Chevy. I can't think it was a coincidence, but notice what vehicle Kitt quickly whips around when he first engages SPM near the middle of the episode. Looks to me like a 82-83 gray Chevy Camaro. A nice touch I thought :)!
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

tkr9
Operative

Post by tkr9 » Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:51 pm

The post question is easily explained in a similar way to the fact that this indestructable outer shell gets damaged by lorries, chemicals, seawater and, come to think of it, falls from high places and 12 year old computer hackers.

Plot!

Miked
Recruit

Post by Miked » Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:52 pm

I get the point of the question, about the technicians vs the grease monkeys.

But an observation:
In "Junkyard Dog" the whole car, other than the unibody shell, was gone. They had to almost re-create the car from scratch.

But in "Juggernaught," it was the opposite. It was ONLY body-damage. And the molecular-bonded shell was always portrayed as more of a "coating" than a substance to actually make a car/truck out of.

So theoretically, the gang in Chicago only had to do huge bodywork, and then re-coat the car. That injects some mild reasoning for way things were.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the actual improvements in "Juggernaught," like SPM?

Who knows? There's no explanation for that.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Thu Sep 04, 2003 10:47 pm

Actually when they rebuild KITT they don't recoat him with MBS. They say that KITT is without the MBS and that's why SPM is so important.

Then somettime after the episode takes place they recoat him
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Sep 04, 2003 10:52 pm

Thanks for that Miked, was going to say that KnightAvenger77 is a little off in his questioning...

Knight of the Juggurnaut was structural damage by a really big ram.

Junkyard Dog was the Toxic waste one.

Two seperate episodes, same result, KITT gets rebuilt. And it wasn't a Mexican gang, as it was said, it was Chicago.

nivek
FLAG Recruit

Post by nivek » Fri Sep 05, 2003 12:23 am

Knight of the Juggurnaut was structural damage by a really big ram.

maybe I am just to sleepy to think right but was the damage done to kitt by the Toxic waste structural too?

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Fri Sep 05, 2003 12:25 am

Nivek, you technically should be right. :) The toxic waste should have had a structural affect to all of the car.

The difference was that in Junk Yard Dog, with the toxic waste, KITT was completely totalled, there was nothing left of his computer systems. While most of the damage to KITT from the battering ram was cosmetic, a lot of his internal systems were still there, they just had to be ironed back into place.

KI

Victory Red
Rookie

Post by Victory Red » Fri Sep 05, 2003 1:38 pm

I have the juggernaught downloaded from Kazzaa. But only the first half hour. I dont get to see much action, only the set up to it.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Fri Sep 05, 2003 5:32 pm

Yea, it would be worth catching on video or DVD if you can find someone with a copy. Its an enjoyable episode I think. Cept some people don't like the technology created in it.

Knicks4973
Operative

Post by Knicks4973 » Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:39 pm

Miked wrote:I get the point of the question, about the technicians vs the grease monkeys.

But an observation:
In "Junkyard Dog" the whole car, other than the unibody shell, was gone. They had to almost re-create the car from scratch.

But in "Juggernaught," it was the opposite. It was ONLY body-damage. And the molecular-bonded shell was always portrayed as more of a "coating" than a substance to actually make a car/truck out of.

So theoretically, the gang in Chicago only had to do huge bodywork, and then re-coat the car. That injects some mild reasoning for way things were.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the actual improvements in "Juggernaught," like SPM?

Who knows? There's no explanation for that.

I don't think you can say "always" when the MBS was portrayed as a "coating." In the pilot, Devon says: "It is not paint, it's a finish bonded into the molecular structure of as new substance. It's not metal and it's not fiberglass." In later episodes, the MBS is portrayed as a coating, but in the pilot, it is not.

aussieknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by aussieknight » Sun Sep 07, 2003 7:58 pm

I personally have to believe that KITT was not just coated in this special substance. I mean, KITT jumped, smashed, pushed, pulled, and got blown up from time to time. A normal chassis couldn't have done that. Sure, his floor pan could have been coated too, but we all know what happens when you jump a car over things. They go splat when they land. Msken posted some pics here of KITT actually landing after a jump and falling apart (although the pics don't work now, here's a reference to the bloopers DVD: http://www.actionfxinc.com/bloopers.html) . KITT would have needed to be a complete structural package to do everything he did without that happening.
:kittspin:
"What do you mean, 'get'? You ARE in big trouble." -KITT, Not a Drop to Drink.