What if...Knight Rider Audiobook by Big Finish

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

WeberKnight
Stranger
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

What if...Knight Rider Audiobook by Big Finish

Post by WeberKnight » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:54 pm

Big Finish Productions is amazing at making audiobooks and I would certainly think that they would do amazing with Knight Rider.

This would be a great way to give us the Season 5, 6, 7, etc that we never got, continuing the original series and closing the gaps between Season 4 and Michael leaving F.L.A.G. in 1990.

They could also have different ranges, one for the continuation to the original series, one for KR2000, KR2010, TKR, KR2008 yada yada. (Just like how they have multiple Doctor Who ranges, meaning people who only like New Who can go with that, and people who only like Classic can just go with that. People who don't like KR08 can just stick with their KR80s range then.)

I can't imagine David Hasselhoff saying no to this, he is so for Knight Rider returning, and in a voice-only role he can do anything he can that he could back in the 80s, no limitations there. When it comes to the other cast...

- of course, Devon would have to be recast.

-Ms. Holden I can imagine being willing to reprise the role.

- Ms. Phearson has been out of acting for ages, I have no faith in her being interested.

- Peter Paros is another person that I can actually see reprising the role.

- Peter Cullen would probably be too high pay, though it would be more fitting to hire an actor that sounds alike to Peter Frees version of the voice, just for better continuity with *K.I.T.T. Vs. K.A.R.R.*

Of course, the elephant in the room is that K.I.T.T. would have to be recast, though that is a reality that KR would have faced in other mediums as well. I have faith that they would be able to find a good sound-alike, one that can people happy.

They could simply use Stu Philips and Don Peake's soundtracks for these then (though I would LOVE if Don were to make new OSTs in the exact same style, no faith in Philips returning for these though.)

I feel like this is such an obvious way to bring Knight Rider, something that should have been started years ago, certainly more realistic than expecting to see it in any way on a big or small screen again.

K.I.T.T.'s career in adverts has so far been a good one though. ;)
"I've been connected since 1982." - K.I.T.T.