CADILLAC AND MERCEDES RIPPING OFF KNIGHT RIDER

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

CADILLAC AND MERCEDES RIPPING OFF KNIGHT RIDER

Post by krrdr2010 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:06 pm

Some of you may have seen the New Commercial for the 2020 Cadillac Escalade. One of the features it looks like you can take your hands off the Steering Wheel while you're on the Road and it will drive itself. Am I the Only One that sees it, Vehicle Assist, and a feature on Some Mercedes vehicles where the car talks to you a Ripoff of Many of the Functions of KITT and Knight Rider? it is disgusting that the people who came out with these features are not giving Knight Rider the respect, and what I mean by that is that they are not saying that Knight Rider gave them the idea(which they should) and thank KR for these ideas, It deserves. :kitt: :karr: :kittside: :kitt2: :dash: :dash4: :kittside:

Dr. Raoul Duke
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: CADILLAC AND MERCEDES RIPPING OFF KNIGHT RIDER

Post by Dr. Raoul Duke » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:25 pm

I think you're being a bit over-dramatic there. Knight Rider didn't invent the idea of a self-driving car; that's been in the public consciousness ever since GM's Futurama exhibit at the 1939 World's Fair. And cars being able to converse with you has less to do with KITT and more to do with taking our existing interactive assistants (e.g. Apple's Siri and Amazon's Alexa) — which owe more to HAL 9000 from 2001: A Space Odyssey and the ship's computer from various incarnations of Star Trek — and moving the tech into our cars.
Michael: You are about as much fun as a divorce, which is not a bad idea.
KITT: I want custody of me!

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:02 pm

Have you seen this Tesla clips on youtube?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20ma3HEbqCs

or this article on the tesla made to look like knight rider:

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/dodg ... th-border/

Read an article a few months ago where the tesla founder states he intends to put artificial intelligence into cars so we can appear to communicate with computers.

https://www.bernardmarr.com/default.asp?contentID=1251

WhiteBird
Rookie

Post by WhiteBird » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:27 am

ok still waiting on my Super Pursuit Mode.
White Bird

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:34 am

Forgot this link for the Tesla knight rider article but the other one talks about AI in cars in the future:

https://electrek.co/2018/04/16/tesla-mo ... ider-kitt/

kitt34
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt34 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:50 am

krrdr2010 wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:06 pm
Some of you may have seen the New Commercial for the 2020 Cadillac Escalade. One of the features it looks like you can take your hands off the Steering Wheel while you're on the Road and it will drive itself. Am I the Only One that sees it, Vehicle Assist, and a feature on Some Mercedes vehicles where the car talks to you a Ripoff of Many of the Functions of KITT and Knight Rider? it is disgusting that the people who came out with these features are not giving Knight Rider the respect, and what I mean by that is that they are not saying that Knight Rider gave them the idea(which they should) and thank KR for these ideas, It deserves. :kitt: :karr: :kittside: :kitt2: :dash: :dash4: :kittside:
plus regina king who won an oscar who will always be known as brenda jenkins on 227.

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by krrdr2010 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:31 pm

I wish to thank Dr. Raoul Duke for the Info. I am Both a KNIGHT RIDER and STAR TREK Fan(there are SO Many links between the two legacies(In Both Knight Rider Guest Stars who would go on to Be On Star Trek Series, and Knight Rider Cast Members who Guest Starred on STAR TREK:THE NEXT GENERATION).