HOW LONG HAS KNIGHT RIDER ONLINE BEEN AROUND?

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

HOW LONG HAS KNIGHT RIDER ONLINE BEEN AROUND?

Post by krrdr2010 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:46 pm

I am a Huge Fan of Knight Rider:Online . it is One of the Coolest Websites Ever? I was just wondering how long it had been in operation? I thought it had been around since 1995, which would make 2020 Knight Rider Online's 25th Birthday(which would be awesome). :dash4:

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: HOW LONG HAS KNIGHT RIDER ONLINE BEEN AROUND?

Post by KFCreator » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:07 pm

Consulting the Internet Wayback Machine, it looks like October 9, 1999 is the first snapshot they have saved for it, but the page from that date has a visitor count and shows that 14,631 had already visited it, so clearly the page had to exist before then. My own memories are a bit fuzzy on dates back then but I seem to recall starting to frequent the site back in 1997/1998 (and maybe even discovering it as early as 1995/1996?), but I'm really not sure when the official launch date of the site was.
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by krrdr2010 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:55 pm

That's OK if Nobody is sure when KNIGHT RIDER ONLINE got Started-I'm Just Happy it's here so that KR fans(like Mysself ) can connect with other KR fans.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:58 pm

I remember being here back when the pretty user interface wasn't here. It was all white background with threads having response just a bit below and off to the right for responses back in 1997. My account had a few issues since then with the board having tech glitches so it doesn't show since when my profile really started.

I was starting out in high school without a computer back then. Had to use the one in the library each Friday and print out 10 pages per half hour for fan fics. Started a binder full of the fan fics collected online when knight writers online was around, pictures from the show, kitt pics, behind the scenes info I couldn't believe was online.

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:21 am

Maybe NEPS, the site owner could visit in this thread and tell the story, how and when did KRO start :)

I think it's from 1995, but I don't know the exact date. Anyway, Happy 25th Anniversary KRO :)

Personally, I remember reading KRO since, maybe 1999, at first in internet cafe's. Joined originally in 2001 but a bit later the forum went through major update and rejoined in 2002.

Dr. Raoul Duke
Volunteer

Post by Dr. Raoul Duke » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:58 pm

I remember posting here (under a different username) back when I was in high school, so that would have been the mid to late '90s; I'm pretty sure the board was around when Team Knight Rider was airing on TV in the US. And I also remember using the old threaded board format that Knight Racer mentioned above. Time flies when you're having fun. ;)
Michael: You are about as much fun as a divorce, which is not a bad idea.
KITT: I want custody of me!

WhiteBird
Rookie

Post by WhiteBird » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:10 am

oh boy this thread makes me feel old, but that's ok.
I'm not sure how old this board is, but I was in high school when I started posting on here and I graduated in 2001 if that tells you anything. I agree with the above assessment that it was most likely the mid-late 90s when we started on here. still going strong with your help everyone :D
keep it going, keep posting.
White Bird

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:07 pm

Knight Rider Online came online around the same time as the premier of Team Knight Rider in 1997. It had some of the earliest press pieces including a media video which I still think is here on the website today.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:00 pm

I'm not sure but I can remember seeing the website teamknightrider.com and learning that Universal wanted to pay Mike Pajaro, one of this board's moderators, for the site name. It had a link to this forum I think which is where I first found it. Teamknightrider.com showed the first piece of merchandise I could ever get my hands on and showed a glimmer of hope since this was the first item that was created in the late 90's for merchandise of an 80's tv series long forgotten, the Star Cars knight rider:

I also think I remember saving this info on teamknightrider.com about David giving advice when the producers of the tv series team knight rider asked him to reprise his role as Michael Knight but he had previous engagements as Baywatch was picking up speed.

Glad he passed the same advice onto Justin Bruening for the series KR08 10 years later.