To any active moderators

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

To any active moderators

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:47 pm

To any moderators of the board that are still active. I have a friend I met on the gta mods site. He's very interested in our forum and would very much like to become a member. He signed up and never got the confirmation email. He also checked the junkmail/spam folder and signed up with a few other email addresses and still didn't get anything. He attempted to contact a moderator for assistance but he couldn't without having a registered account. I emailed and PM'd Matthew with his email address but neither I or my friend got any reply back.

Can someone please contact him at thetimeywimeydoctor@gmail.com to set resolve this issue?

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Re: To any active moderators

Post by jup » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:36 pm

Hmmm...I am not completely certain if the moderator screen had such a tool as to resolve issues like that or not. In fact, it's a bit alarming that none of the current staff have even gotten back to you on this. This may be Neil's responsibility and his, alone. Not one hundred percent sure on that. I just don't remember ever having to deal with such an issue. So...try firing off a message or hundred, Neil's way.

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:39 pm

Well jup, the issue's already bee resolved but I do agree that an issue like this should be resolved fast, though I do believe Matthew is the one who resolved my issue.

:dash4:

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:06 pm

That's good to know. It was my understanding that the current moderator staff were staying true to the needs of the board and was pondering why this thread seemed to have no rapid reply.

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:00 pm

I can't speak for Neil or Mike, but I keep an eye on things as best I can. Sadly, the e-mail notification system failed to let me know I had a PM, keeping me from resolving this as quickly as I normally would have, necessitating this thread.

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:40 am

Come to think of it, I don't remember getting any e-mail notifications to replies from this board since forever and a day. Pretty sure it was functional at one point in the sands of time.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:31 am

I sent Matthew a pm and an email with n case one didn't go through the other one might have. I also remember the email notification for thread replies used to work for me but stopped years ago.

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:05 am

Wow, from the looks of it, we really need to fix this site, otherwise I feel like we're losing a lot of potential members who want to or will join.

remote_jup
Recruit

Post by remote_jup » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:17 pm

Confirmed.

The web site's coding is showing it's age.

I just looked into why my e-mail notes were not getting through and it wound up locking me out.

The site's e-mail system is out of order. Very bad.

Just getting new 'Recruits' is currently impossible and even reporting any problems is nearly in the state of failure.

KITT-Online is sinking into the ground swamp of bad chemicals and is begging for help, here.

Oh...and can someone please tell this board that my account is verified from that 'inactive state', please. I've been racking my brain for this old backup account for when I was out on public terminals and far too afraid to let a library computer remember how to access a moderator's account.
This accout is only for use at unsecured public terminals by jup.

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:02 pm

does anyone know someone who is willing to redesign the site here? This website seems to be sinking into an acid pit faster than KITT did in 'Junkyard Dog'.

remote_jup
Recruit

Post by remote_jup » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:33 am

I know what the problems are. It's the marching of time as primary programs are updated in the CGI-Bin on the server. Neil's programs that he both purchased and created are becoming more and more incompatible with these ever newer programs that drive the whole works.

I'd offer to help. Alas, my very outdated class on M$Basic is worthless and I'm currently struggling with Batch. So...never mind the C++ and CGI coding. It's way over my head. I suspect that it's probably just a way the e-mail command is structured. Something simple...when you know what it is you are looking for.

In fact, it's a partial miracle this web board interface isn't partially failing. It is a matter of time, though.
This accout is only for use at unsecured public terminals by jup.

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:09 am

I'm legitimately worried.

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:16 pm

remote_jup wrote:Oh...and can someone please tell this board that my account is verified from that 'inactive state', please. I've been racking my brain for this old backup account for when I was out on public terminals and far too afraid to let a library computer remember how to access a moderator's account.
Now how the hell did that happen?! Jup, I've reactivated you mate. :good:

Matt

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:29 pm

I wish I had the knowledge to fix our home here, but I'm completely and utterly useless when it comes to backend coding. I'll tell you what though, knowing that our community is likely living on borrowed time is pretty goddamned depressing.

Matt

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:30 pm

Looks like Neps is just too busy now. I was thinking we add KARR to the front page and the mouse cursor becomes maybe a Knight. We could have the website designed in something like wix now, and we can add logos or little pictures next to some buttons that you click. Better yet, add the KR intro behind the website.

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:52 pm

The Calvary has come and rescued the situation. Thank you, Neil.

Mechanicjay
Rookie

Post by Mechanicjay » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:04 pm

I just got my account approved! Thanks to Neil!

I noticed that the user control panel of the forum, where you'd setup your profile just results in a blank screen for me. Is that just me or anyone else?

Mechanicjay
Rookie

Post by Mechanicjay » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:55 pm

Matthew,

Thanks for the PM, as it turns out PM's are broken for me too as well as the user control panel.

I understand dealing with crufty outdated software. I literally get paid to maintain outdated crufty web applications everyday, so I feel your pain...Given my profession background, I could make myself available to lend a hand with some of the server-side issues you're experiencing.

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:56 pm

Hi Jay,

I get the feeling more things are broken than are working right now. :lol:

I appreciate your offer, it's incredibly generous and I'll run it by Neil as soon as I can get hold of him. :good:

Matt