Knight Rider: The Fan Game

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

msKEN
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Knight Rider: The Fan Game

Post by msKEN » Thu May 23, 2013 5:21 pm

Actually the knight 4000 is a new mesh done by Tobie Hill exclusive to our game :D we haven't had a chance to overhaul it yet but it's one of many unlockables! Tobie also made many of the KR2008 models as well including the KARR transformer robot thing... or whatever the heck it was, and all the different versions of the pilot car, the show car, the different attack modes, etc. Think we're saving all that stuff for a possible sequel though. Guess we'll wait and see if anyone likes this one first. :D
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AppleMacri1980
Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by AppleMacri1980 » Thu May 23, 2013 11:42 pm

wow i will try it out

RicardoRibeiro2000
Operative

Post by RicardoRibeiro2000 » Fri May 24, 2013 1:34 pm

Hey Ken and Deveo if you need funds for the game, you coul'd use kickstarter page because your project is bringing creativity to life, so check the page for info: http://www.kickstarter.com/

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Fri May 24, 2013 4:53 pm

RicardoRibeiro2000 wrote: Hey Ken and Deveo if you need funds for the game, you could use kickstarter
page because your project is bringing creativity to life . . .
I asked about that last November, but that's a no-go since Knight Rider is still the intellectual property of others.
On 19th November last year, msKEN wrote: The second I start accepting donations or even think of going to kick-starter our project will
be shut down. I can't even have ads on my site, everything has to be paid for out of pocket.

AppleMacri1980
Operative

Post by AppleMacri1980 » Sat May 25, 2013 3:22 pm

you know guys there is another idea how to get more money for the game if you just hear me out. Before my cousin Lorraine died she told me about grant money from the government and that way is a way to get money say you want to start a business or something the government helps you with money.....

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Sat May 25, 2013 6:00 pm

I doubt that would be allowed either, since it's a strictly non-profit project made for fans by fans. not a business.
If the project was run as a business with income, the KR rights holders would be down on it like a ton of bricks!

AppleMacri1980
Operative

Post by AppleMacri1980 » Sun May 26, 2013 11:44 am

sorry just helping

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Mon May 27, 2013 2:02 am

The only loophole I would even remotely see happening is if the copyright owners were to pay for advertising space into the finished product of the game. Say, you're driving virtual KITT down that virtual highway and off to the side, there's a virtual billboard that is displaying the latest movie that is about to come out in theaters. (As the ad would be tied in to some server owned by the studio to keep the latest ads, up to date.) Even that is a one in a million chance, as the owners to the licensing rights would probably see no value in advertising into a game that won't be played by the masses or in creating a database that works with the size dimension needs of just one game.

Deveo
Operative

Post by Deveo » Mon May 27, 2013 2:38 am

That might technically all be possible. The good thing about a non-profit product though is that you aren't limited in any way when making stories, art etc. because of copyright holders complaints. Doing commercials in the way described above would ruin the 80s atmosphere we're trying to recreate. Also it doesn't speed up things, it will still take a lot of time to create this game all by ourselves. It's absolutely worth it though :-)

Anyway here's another update: we decided to make the semi the same way as it was displayed in the series: a GMC General for outside shots and a special set for interior shots. We've just finished it: fully animated including all these so-called hi-tech computers... even the complete kitchen set is there! Only thing missing right now are some chairs and other furniture which will come in later. Images are coming up shortly!
'Playing a video game where circles eat blobs is hardly getting into computers.'

-KITT, Soul Survivor

Deveo
Operative

Post by Deveo » Mon May 27, 2013 4:45 am

As promised

'Playing a video game where circles eat blobs is hardly getting into computers.'

-KITT, Soul Survivor

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Mon May 27, 2013 7:46 am

Big thanks to Knight Racer who recreated the images seen in the photo frames from scratch (in the first shot) just from reference photos. He also sent the image for the easter egg seen in the newspaper bin. :D

We'll have more of the semi for you guys on May 31st!

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:22 pm

any other updates yet? :mrgreen:

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:09 am

Yes, we were trying to finish up a special video before posting it here at KRO, but I can't wait any longer so here is our May 31st announcement from facebook... missing video coming soon!

Thank you guys for hanging in there with us! We have some great news to share with you. On July 12th and 13th you can catch us exclusively at Southern Knights Atlanta 2013 (http://www.southernknightsatlanta.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) hosted by Mark Puette! We will have a table set up and will welcome guests to walk up and play a demo of our game! (Don't worry we will bring plenty of purex for the Xbox controllers!) For those of you who can't attend we promise to cover the event as much as we can with photos and video on our new website and forums that will be relaunched the day of the event.

Also in this announcement I would like to welcome composer/musician Norman Ritter of Alpha Boy (http://www.facebook.com/alphaboy.music" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) to our team. We really wanted something special for the radio stations in the game and Alpha Boy’s music really fits the bill! We're really happy to welcome Norman to the team!

Getting back to the event at Southern Knights Atlanta 2013! We will unveil the first teaser trailer for the fan game showcasing an original score by Stavros Danas, also featuring Wes Martin in the incredible role of KITT (Trust us you won't be disappointed!) and hopefully at that time we will also announce a celebrity guest in the role of KARR. Again no worries for those who can't make it, after the trailer has premiered we will post it on the front page of the new website!

I'm sad to leave this announcement without a companion video with some gameplay footage; but sadly a thunderstorm and some electrical problems put a damper on us finishing the rending of the video on time. We will post it as soon as it’s finished though! We hope to see you guys at Southern Knights Atlanta 2013 and for those of you who can't make it we hope you'll follow us on Facebook and our website on the 12th and 13th of July!

RicardoRibeiro2000
Operative

Post by RicardoRibeiro2000 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:23 pm

When the demo will be online?

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:55 pm

Release date is still unknown at this point, the demo we are taking to southern knights will not be made available for download online. We will however post video and a trailer July 12th.

james olden
FLAG Recruit

Post by james olden » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:57 pm

msKEN wrote:Yes, we were trying to finish up a special video before posting it here at KRO, but I can't wait any longer so here is our May 31st announcement from facebook... missing video coming soon!

Thank you guys for hanging in there with us! We have some great news to share with you. On July 12th and 13th you can catch us exclusively at Southern Knights Atlanta 2013 (http://www.southernknightsatlanta.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) hosted by Mark Puette! We will have a table set up and will welcome guests to walk up and play a demo of our game! (Don't worry we will bring plenty of purex for the Xbox controllers!) For those of you who can't attend we promise to cover the event as much as we can with photos and video on our new website and forums that will be relaunched the day of the event.

Also in this announcement I would like to welcome composer/musician Norman Ritter of Alpha Boy (http://www.facebook.com/alphaboy.music" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) to our team. We really wanted something special for the radio stations in the game and Alpha Boy’s music really fits the bill! We're really happy to welcome Norman to the team!

Getting back to the event at Southern Knights Atlanta 2013! We will unveil the first teaser trailer for the fan game showcasing an original score by Stavros Danas, also featuring Wes Martin in the incredible role of KITT (Trust us you won't be disappointed!) and hopefully at that time we will also announce a celebrity guest in the role of KARR. Again no worries for those who can't make it, after the trailer has premiered we will post it on the front page of the new website!

I'm sad to leave this announcement without a companion video with some gameplay footage; but sadly a thunderstorm and some electrical problems put a damper on us finishing the rending of the video on time. We will post it as soon as it’s finished though! We hope to see you guys at Southern Knights Atlanta 2013 and for those of you who can't make it we hope you'll follow us on Facebook and our website on the 12th and 13th of July!

the game is looking great so far. i love the graphics. i just have a few questions if you don't mind.

1.On the picture above i see April,Bonnie, and Jennifer knight? if I'm not mistaken.If I'm mistaken,who is the third girl?
2.Throughout the series while criminals was running away on foot,Michael would press auto cruise and Kitt would drive next to the criminals while they running Michael would jump from Kitt to tackle the criminals.Would we be able to do that?
3.Will Durant come back as a villan in this game?
4.Will David Dalton come back in this game to help Michael on a mission ?
On the Quest for filling in the gaps from right after after Scent of Roses 1986- Knight Rider 2008

Deveo
Operative

Post by Deveo » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:51 am

1.On the picture above i see April,Bonnie, and Jennifer knight? if I'm not mistaken.If I'm mistaken,who is the third girl?
To be very clear on who is who, here are all the characters from left to right: Marco Berio, Cameron Zachary, David Halston, Garthe and Michael, RC3, Jennifer Traceur (to have a link with the 2008 series), Bonnie, Devon, Maddock (from KR2K), April and Charles Graiman (can be hardly seen in this version of the picture). This is the basic cast for the game as it is right now.
2.Throughout the series while criminals was running away on foot,Michael would press auto cruise and Kitt would drive next to the criminals while they running Michael would jump from Kitt to tackle the criminals.Would we be able to do that?
Right now we can't be sure of every possibility we have. We are working with a game engine that is constantly updating. By the time of the release, we might be able to give you much more features than we intended!
3.Will Durant come back as a villan in this game?
Yes, but in a certain way I can't explain. That would be a huge plot spoiler!
4.Will David Dalton come back in this game to help Michael on a mission ?
We don't intend to have him in our main storyline. However, he might show up as a cameo in a side mission. We will have plenty of famous 80s movie cameos and vehicles in the game!

-KITT, Soul Survivor

AppleMacri1980
Operative

Post by AppleMacri1980 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:41 pm

the game looks great

AppleMacri1980
Operative

Post by AppleMacri1980 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:59 pm

and what about "The Falcon" Curt Douglas or what ever his name was and will this game be like the end like they did in "Walker Texas Ranger"

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:00 am

I'm not familiar with walker Texas ranger (ducks down) but the storyline has changed a bit. the game's theme is no longer about the end its more or less about a new beginning of what will hopefully be a series of games.

AppleMacri1980
Operative

Post by AppleMacri1980 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:57 pm

what do you mean?

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:34 pm

I'm still wondering what "The Falcon" Kurt Douglas and "Walker: Texas Ranger" have got to do with this game?

Deveo
Operative

Post by Deveo » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:52 am

Kurt Douglas and Walker: Texas Ranger are topics that have nothing to do with the Fan Game whatsoever. So to be short, the answer to these questions is no.

Anyway, to update you guys, work on the city has just been started in it's final form. I'm going through every episode of the original series and bring references to them in the city. I'ts going to be an enormous 80s reference collection!

-KITT, Soul Survivor

AppleMacri1980
Operative

Post by AppleMacri1980 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:56 pm

what i meant is the falcon remember the guy that killed Stevie in Sent Of Roses and when i meant about "Walker Texas Ranger" i meant you know in the last episode Trivet and Walker find out CD's death was no accident so i meant is if one series finale villain is coming and is this version of "season 5" will it be like that?

Deveo
Operative

Post by Deveo » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:45 pm

If you have read the whole thread you'd have seen that we're making a fan fiction of season 5. Troughout the storyline you will see that some events from earlier episodes tie in with the evil plan of Garthe to eliminate Michael and FLAG.

Some exciting news: for all those who still can't accept the murder of Stevie (like myself) we've added her killer Durant to our enemy cast! Defeating him will certainly be fun to do. Not that it's very easy: Durant is a master at disguise...

You might recognize some of his disguises on the following image.

-KITT, Soul Survivor