KNIGHT RIDER AND STAR TREK

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

KNIGHT RIDER AND STAR TREK

Post by krrdr2010 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:56 pm

I am a Fan of Both Knight Rider and Star TreK(and Proud to be a fan of both). Has anybody noticed there are several links betweent these Two Iconic American Legacies Created by two Great Americans(Glen A. Larson and the Late Gene Roddenberry)? There are 5 I can think of off the top of My Head.
1. Patricia McPherson("Bonnie" on KR) Appeared on an First Season Episode of Star Trek:The Next Generation entitled "Angel One".
2. William Daniel(Voice of KITT) worked with Brent Spiner(Lt. Commander Data on Star Trek:The Next Generation and Four Star Trek Films-Star Trek:Generations, Star Trek:First Contact, Star Trek: Insurrection, and Star Trek:Nemesis) in the Broadway show 1776.
3. Several People who were a Major Part of Star Trek:Deep Space Nine(which turns 20 this year)-Marc Alaimo("Gul Dukat"), Robert O'Reilly("Chancellor Gowron"(A part he Originally played on Star Trek:The Next Generation), and Nana Visitor("Col. Kira Nerys") were on Knight Rider.
4. The Late James Doohan("Scotty") appeared as Himself in Knight Rider:2000.
5. KITT and Lt. Commander Data are in the New GE Commercial.
And, The Most Importan One of All-Knight Rider fans and Star Trek fans are the Coolest-They are loyal to these Legacies(31 years for KR Fans, 49 years(if you count the first Star Trek pilot "The Cage" which starred the late Jeffrey Hunter as Captain Christopher Pike(Now Being played by Bruce Greenwood) and the late Majel Barret, who would become Majel Barret Roddenberry), if you don't, 47 years for Trekkies.).
These are the only ones I know. If I've forgotten any, let me know.

KITTfan
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: KNIGHT RIDER AND STAR TREK

Post by KITTfan » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:49 pm

Watched some time ago first time the entire original Star Trek series from Netflix and I think there were guest stars who were some 15+ years later guest starring in Knight Rider. Before this I had seen only few random episodes of the original series.

First Star Trek I ever saw was the Next Generation tv series but enjoyed watching the original series too. Spock and Data are my favourite characters, perhaps as they resemble somehow KITT.

Clare82
Rookie

Post by Clare82 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:59 pm

Wow, you've got a good eye for detail! ;)
And that was really nice what you said about the fans :)
"One man can make a difference"

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit

Post by krrdr2010 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:21 pm

I wish to thank Clare82 for the complement-What I said about the KR fans(and ST fans)-That they are the Coolest fans around, Comes straight from the heart. One of the Greatest Joys of My Life is that I am a fan of Knight Rider and Star Trek. Both legacies are Positive, Uplifting, Show the Best of Humanity, and have Influenced Technology in many ways. When I say I'm Proud to be fan of Both Knight Rider and Star Trek-I mean it. :good: :good: :good: :good: :kitt: :kittside: :kittconv: :karr: :dash: :dash4:

Clare82
Rookie

Post by Clare82 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:16 pm

krrdr2010 wrote:I wish to thank Clare82 for the complement-What I said about the KR fans(and ST fans)-That they are the Coolest fans around, Comes straight from the heart. One of the Greatest Joys of My Life is that I am a fan of Knight Rider and Star Trek. Both legacies are Positive, Uplifting, Show the Best of Humanity, and have Influenced Technology in many ways. When I say I'm Proud to be fan of Both Knight Rider and Star Trek-I mean it. :good: :good: :good: :good: :kitt: :kittside: :kittconv: :karr: :dash: :dash4:
:mrgreen: I agree completely! Shows these days may have more viewers but I doubt that many people are true fans. Shows like Knight Rider, Star Trek, The A-Team, Magnum PI...they all have the best fans in the world.
It makes me so proud to be a fan when people like krrdr2010 come along and say such nice things like this! :kitt: :karr:
You Knight Rider fans are AWEOSME!

Tannim31
Rookie

Post by Tannim31 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:05 pm

It's not just the fans who love these shows who are the greatest, it's the fans who bring in the younger generation of viewers to the greatness of these shows and show them there are better things on TV than reality shows. These shows were of a time when values and honor were the staples of a person (not so much anymore I.E. Jersey shore, here comes honey booboo, et al *cold shiver*)

I miss shows like that and I am proud to be counted amongst the fans of Knight Rider, Star Trek/TNG, Magnum and the rest of the shows of the era. I'm also proud to be a member of this forum with other members like you :D :good:

KITTen
Volunteer

Post by KITTen » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:02 am

May I just say, you people freaking rock.

Really, There aren't many little pockets of true fans like this anymore. I'm honored to have found one with so many people in it to join. I absolutely love the positivity and support I've seen towards this and other fandoms as I've snooped around. Live long and prosper, guys, live long and prosper. :D

DarylKnight
Rookie

Post by DarylKnight » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:52 pm

I also love both franchises. For Star Trek TNG and Knight Rider, let's not forget the behind the scenes. I believe you'll find a lot of familiar Knight Rider names while watching TNG Credits. Stories by one Richard C. Okie, and some of the directing staff as well. Winrich Kolbe, and Bernard McEveety to name a few. :kitt2:

Clare82
Rookie

Post by Clare82 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:11 pm

Wow, DarylKnight and krrdr2010, you guys really are good at spotting things! :good:

KITTen: I feel the same way as you! (By the way, love your username!)
I've joined fan-forums before and people can be very cold towards newcomers and are actually pretty harsh to other members. This forum made me feel included instantly and the people on here are the nicest, nicest people (thanks guys!).

And Tannim31-you're not wrong there! :-D (In my opinion anyway).
Why aren't there any shows like this on TV anymore? I guess they wouldn't be made as well though if they were anyway :(

KITTen
Volunteer

Post by KITTen » Sun May 05, 2013 4:22 am

Behold, the beginning of the 2013 television uprising. :D

Clare82: Thank you! And I completely agree. Everyone here is so friendly! ^_^ It's like walking into one of those family coffee shops where everybody knows everybody.

peterp&j
Operative

Post by peterp&j » Sun May 05, 2013 4:22 pm

another star trek link robin Curtis who starred in short notice the last episode of season 1 played lt savak in star trek 3 the search for spock was the replaced by kirstie alley....
michael;i've got a problem.
devon;my dear boy,dont be so modest,you have a wide range of problems.

2nddaniel2011
Volunteer

Post by 2nddaniel2011 » Sun May 05, 2013 4:45 pm

krrdr2010 wrote:I am a Fan of Both Knight Rider and Star TreK(and Proud to be a fan of both). Has anybody noticed there are several links betweent these Two Iconic American Legacies Created by two Great Americans(Glen A. Larson and the Late Gene Roddenberry)? There are 5 I can think of off the top of My Head.
1. Patricia McPherson("Bonnie" on KR) Appeared on an First Season Episode of Star Trek:The Next Generation entitled "Angel One".
2. William Daniel(Voice of KITT) worked with Brent Spiner(Lt. Commander Data on Star Trek:The Next Generation and Four Star Trek Films-Star Trek:Generations, Star Trek:First Contact, Star Trek: Insurrection, and Star Trek:Nemesis) in the Broadway show 1776.
3. Several People who were a Major Part of Star Trek:Deep Space Nine(which turns 20 this year)-Marc Alaimo("Gul Dukat"), Robert O'Reilly("Chancellor Gowron"(A part he Originally played on Star Trek:The Next Generation), and Nana Visitor("Col. Kira Nerys") were on Knight Rider.
4. The Late James Doohan("Scotty") appeared as Himself in Knight Rider:2000.
5. KITT and Lt. Commander Data are in the New GE Commercial.
And, The Most Importan One of All-Knight Rider fans and Star Trek fans are the Coolest-They are loyal to these Legacies(31 years for KR Fans, 49 years(if you count the first Star Trek pilot "The Cage" which starred the late Jeffrey Hunter as Captain Christopher Pike(Now Being played by Bruce Greenwood) and the late Majel Barret, who would become Majel Barret Roddenberry), if you don't, 47 years for Trekkies.).
These are the only ones I know. If I've forgotten any, let me know.
Peter Parros (RC3) was in the Star Trek TNG episode where Commander Riker was an exchange officer aboard a Klingon ship,
RC3 was a Klingon. Yes its true.

Tbird100636
Recruit

Post by Tbird100636 » Sun May 05, 2013 5:36 pm

peterp&j wrote:another star trek link robin Curtis who starred in short notice the last episode of season 1 played lt savak in star trek 3 the search for spock was the replaced by kirstie alley....
And a brief cameo in ST 4, the voyage home. And on TNG, she guest starred in the season 7 2-part episode "Gambit" as Tallera/T'Paal.