kitt vs other cars

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Rockatteer » Fri Jul 11, 2003 5:45 am

Howdy nivek. (btw is that a foreign name? It sounds cool. )
Try spelling Kevin backwards and see what you get :)

:dash:
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nivek
FLAG Recruit

Post by nivek » Fri Jul 11, 2003 11:46 am

nivek is not a foreign name it is just kevin spelled bacwards.
Any way was It sound like this car that you talking about is very selffish.lol
Any how it sounds like it would be a very good fight but i still thank kitt would end up on top. Another thing it sound like kitt and this car are programed the same with a few differines like this one u are talking about is programe to protect it own at all cost just like and protect all humen life.

Darendor
Operative

Post by Darendor » Fri Jul 11, 2003 2:29 pm

I'm amazed that no-one has said KARR.

KARR could whip Kitt in a fair fight.
I highly doubt that. KARR is more destructive than KITT. And what do you call a "fair" fight?

nivek
FLAG Recruit

Post by nivek » Fri Jul 11, 2003 2:43 pm

well lets karr vs kitt um did this happen in two show of knight rider?
and did kitt kill karr both time?
and one other thing there is no such thing as a fair fight

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightdriver » Fri Jul 11, 2003 7:15 pm

nivek wrote:well lets karr vs kitt um did this happen in two show of knight rider?
Did KITT win both times over KARR?
Obviously you didn't see the epsiodes? Ummm YEAH, he did.

Man, I hate to say this but for a 19 year old, your spelling is utterly horrid.
I know 8 years olds that are better than this. Maybe we all here at the
board should chip in for a dictionary for this fellow. Whatta ya say?
Brian - Knightdriver.com

nivek
FLAG Recruit

Post by nivek » Fri Jul 11, 2003 7:26 pm

Yes we know i can't spell. we have talked about this already. but thanks any way

nivek
FLAG Recruit

Post by nivek » Fri Jul 11, 2003 7:29 pm

that is what you call sarcasm
ps there is no miss spelling in the one that you are referring to! but thanks for try to help

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightdriver » Fri Jul 11, 2003 9:16 pm

nivek wrote:well lets karr vs kitt um did this happen in two show of knight rider?
Theres no mis-spelling here huh? Obviously not mis-spelled to the mis-speller. Seriously, I would be embarrased to be that old and spell like a pre-schooler. But if your happy with it, then I guess we are too. :?
Brian - Knightdriver.com

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Fri Jul 11, 2003 10:42 pm

Theres no mis-spelling here huh? Obviously not mis-spelled to the mis-speller. Seriously, I would be embarrased to be that old and spell like a pre-schooler. But if your happy with it, then I guess we are too. :?
Knightdriver I think your referring to the bad
grammar of Niveks post? The spelling is actually correct...its the grammar which is shot.

If your going to criticize someone...at least get what your criticizing them about right!!

And by the way…… you spelt embarrassed wrong!

The spell checker is at the bottom right.

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightdriver » Fri Jul 11, 2003 11:07 pm

Yeah I guess I missed an "S" in there, didn't I. LOL. :oops:

That and the spell checker on this site isn't what it is cracked up to be.

It is just sad to know that the education system would send people out
into the world with skills as we have seen lately. I can understand a typo now and then. it comes with the keyboard. But some of that sentence structure is really bad. But what can we do. The world is slowly descending down the toilet to which the uneducated will inevitably rule the planet.

Your on the express elevator to hell......... going down..... :twisted:
Brian - Knightdriver.com

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

Post by Centaurus17 » Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:04 am

Knightdriver does have a point here...for a 19 year old, that is rather poor grammar and spelling.

As far as a car destroying Kitt, i doubt there is any. With the MBS, he's basically unbeatable.

sofchance
Rookie

Post by sofchance » Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:09 am

Let me jump in here:

KITT did not destroy KARR the first time. KARR drove off a cliff because he was "chicken." And btw, KARR survived.
KITT did destroy KARR the second time, but that's partly because KITT used a reflector to destroy KARR's primary systems using KARR's own laser. The turbo boost afterwards destroyed KARR's body since KARR's systems were malfunctioning, but KARR's CPU was still somewhat operational.

KITT could probably destroy the VIPER car just by turbo boosting into it, but it would be a good fight. The VIPER car had lots of neat systems, including the EMP pulse that could damage KITT. I would prefer to see a Michael Knight vs Joe Astor fight since they were so similar (MK season 1 vs JA season 1).

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Sat Jul 12, 2003 3:36 am

Yep your right... I love to see Kitt take on the Viper.

I threw Karr into the mix primarily because it is the only car with exactly the same structure, protection, systems, etc that Kitt has, and we have never seen them go head to head with both cars at full strength.

My feeling is that Karr would be the dirtier fighter of the two as he doesn’t care about anything except himself…. So would be a more animalistic fighter willing to do “what ever it takes” to win. Kitt, on the other hand, would not do anything that could or would harm others.

I Guess you could argue that this alone would make it an unfair fight…as already mentioned…what is a fair fight?… On the other hand you could just say that it’s a difference in personalities is part of fighting…after all no two fighters, be them animal, human, or mechanical have exactly the same personality.

I guess Kitt vs. Karr really would be a case of “what happens when an unstoppable force meats an immovable object.”

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Sat Jul 12, 2003 8:08 am

It is just sad to know that the education system would send people out
into the world with skills as we have seen lately. I can understand a typo now and then. it comes with the keyboard. But some of that sentence structure is really bad. But what can we do. The world is slowly descending down the toilet to which the uneducated will inevitably rule the planet.
I hear ya man. not only is it sad...but its damn right scary!!

I'm actually wandering if english is not his first languge, because alot of the grammar errors look a lot like those made by people specking engllish as a 2nd,3rd,4th language. :)

or maby theres a nother reason...

Nivek! come tell us all your secrets dude.... Don't make us hunt you down on the net man!! :lol:

Supersonic Lorry
Recruit

Post by Supersonic Lorry » Sat Jul 12, 2003 8:58 am

I'm not going to make fun of someone's spelling and I know a few of the people who have commented probably aren't making fun either. We're not looking to make a mockery of your posts, Nivek. It's just sad like everyone said that the education system seems to be letting people down.

It's the same here in the UK, I receive letters from customers all the time, often in their thirties or older. There are no full stops, grammar is bad and I can't make out the words. Hey, there may even be spelling or grammar mistakes in this post. No-ones perfect but it is quite sad...and to be honest, it can be hard to read posts sometimes that are like that.

Back to the topic, what about Automan's car in the series 'Automan'?

Supersonic Lorry

Hermes
Volunteer

Post by Hermes » Sat Jul 12, 2003 10:06 am

Off topic. I think that regardless of niveks spelling and grammar, we all understand what he is trying to say. Although I understand the term of constructive criticism, I really believe that if you want to positively affect him, making fun of his condition is not the way to go.

That aside, Automan's car would be a good match, since it can't be destroyed by ordinary means as well, unless my memory is deceiving me.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Jul 12, 2003 2:30 pm

See, Hermes, the problem is, not everybody can understand Nivek's posts, and in some cases, it has become obvious that if he takes a little bit of time, and patience, and looks over the post, he will be able to correct a lot of it. Yeah, teasing isn't helping. But some of these posters are the older posters, the people who have been posting a lot longer on this site, and who feel that something needs to be done about it, and general suggestions just didn't seem to work.

Now, back when I used to be here on a more official status, my general suggestion always was: just try to take some care with your posts, and remember that it's a public message board, and that others have to read it. Most people generally do not like to have to stop, and have to decipher a post, and that is where the majority of the irritation comes from. Yeah, so the spellchecker doesn't work as well. But if you really have consideration for others, you will type the posts up in a word processor, and pay attention to the little red and green lines (in MS Word) that tell you the grammar and spelling are bad. It's just a matter of consideration. And when these were suggested in another post, they were put down, so I am guessing that others are resorting to other tactics.

Now, as for the original topic, I still have to go with Christine, just because she was supernaturally charged, and virtually impossible to stop. Imagine what happens when KARR meets Terminator II. :)

KI

Supersonic Lorry
Recruit

Post by Supersonic Lorry » Sat Jul 12, 2003 2:42 pm

Hey, what about the Batmobile? Surely that's got the best chance going up against K.I.T.T.

However, I think we may all be missing one very important point. It's the skill of the driver (or pilot or whatever you want to call it) that could make the difference. Is Batman a better driver than Michael Knight? Well, I'd hate to say yes on a KR board but if I'm honest... :wink:

P.S. It's the Batman from the 1989 movie I'm referring to and not the camp one from the 60's TV show.

Supersonic Lorry

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightdriver » Sat Jul 12, 2003 3:31 pm

Supersonic Lorry wrote:Hey, what about the Batmobile? Surely that's got the best chance going up against K.I.T.T.

However, I think we may all be missing one very important point. It's the skill of the driver (or pilot or whatever you want to call it) that could make the difference. Is Batman a better driver than Michael Knight? Well, I'd hate to say yes on a KR board but if I'm honest... :wink:

P.S. It's the Batman from the 1989 movie I'm referring to and not the camp one from the 60's TV show.

Supersonic Lorry
Yeah, I posted about this one above somewhere. I refered to it as the Keaton Batmobile as he was the one who drove this version. I think they are equal in their own ways. As far as who is a better driver, well, it's a tough call. We have seen michael do alot more with KITT than Keaton and his ride......
Brian - Knightdriver.com

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Sat Jul 12, 2003 10:46 pm

what about Automan's car in the series 'Automan'?
Wow! I never even gave that a thought. That would be an awesome face off!

Your right. As long as there’s not a power cut Automan is pretty much indestructible. Although I’m guessing that things like magnetic interference could cause some problems and could be used as a weapon against the car.

And those 90 degree turns! Love those 90-degree turns!

nivek
FLAG Recruit

Post by nivek » Sun Jul 13, 2003 12:31 pm

I have told you the reason for my bad spelling.
any ways I thank we have found something that kitt can't do the 90 degree turns.

aussieknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by aussieknight » Sun Jul 13, 2003 6:16 pm

Hey Rocketteer, KARR went BOOM!, remember? ;-)
:dash:
"What do you mean, 'get'? You ARE in big trouble." -KITT, Not a Drop to Drink.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Sun Jul 13, 2003 6:44 pm

I entirely forgot about that Viper show! And yes that would be a cool match.

What about the Mach 5 from Speed Racer, lol!!! KITT would easily win, but it would be fun to watch.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Mon Jul 14, 2003 7:05 am

StreetHawk would be an interesting match.... Ok its not another car, but it would still be kewl to see.

Supersonic Lorry
Recruit

Post by Supersonic Lorry » Mon Jul 14, 2003 1:03 pm

I actually wrote a fan fiction piece about 4 years ago where KR raced Stret Hawk in a race for charity. An international crook played K.I.T.T. against Street Hawk. Mind you, it was a dire piece of fan fiction. I threw it in the bin.

Supersonic Lorry