KITT's used in the show?

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

zalagoz
Stranger
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

KITT's used in the show?

Post by zalagoz » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:04 am

Hello,
İ need to help about original KITT. Do you know where is it placed, I want to see it, I am a visitor in Los Angeles only 2 days. During the my trip how can I see and visit the original KITT?
Thank you.

Please sen me an email:
Alagozz@yahoo.com

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: KITT's used in the show?

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:07 pm

There were a dozen or more orginal kitts used for the shows production.Most were destroyed because of an agreement Glen Larson who created the show made with Pontiac.Some were built before or after that agreement so those are around somewhere but the one on Universal Studios turned into this eventually Universal Studios doesn't treat its movie/tv show props with much respect.

zalagoz
Stranger

Post by zalagoz » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:40 am

Please tell me where exactly. I am now LAInternational airport. How I can go to there? Please explain to me. Thanks

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:27 am

Knight Racer wrote:There were a dozen or more orginal kitts used for the shows production.Most were destroyed because of an agreement Glen Larson who created the show made with Pontiac.Some were built before or after that agreement so those are around somewhere but the one on Universal Studios turned into this eventually Universal Studios doesn't treat its movie/tv show props with much respect.

Ouch!!! Damn.. Is that car really the car that used to be KITT???? Its missing the hubcaps and the rear taillight blackout panel.... Universal Studios probably regret neglecting the car that way...

Newcastle knight
Operative

Post by Newcastle knight » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:03 am

Dont waste your time looking for KITT at Universal, he isnt there anymore. The car pictured was bought and is now in safe hands being restored.

AJ Palmgren has a screen used KITT but im not sure where abouts in America he lives.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:07 am

Is there any evidence that was a KITT? I'm sure there must have been other Trans Am's used in other Universal projects.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:09 pm

Skav wrote: I'm sure there must have been other Trans Am's used in other Universal projects.
IIRC ... Smokey & The Bandit III (the one without Burt Reynolds) had a black 1982-83 Trans Am, but not customised.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:30 pm

Newcastle knight wrote: The car pictured was bought and is now in safe hands being restored.

What's the status of the progress?Is there a website that shows detailed pictures of the restoration?

KittCARR
Recruit

Post by KittCARR » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:14 pm

There are no screen used cars in LA. The only "famous" kitt is George Barris' car in his shop in LA, but it isn't a screen used car. There's AJ's personal car, one in Auburn, Indiana, the convertible in Miami, and another somewhere I'm not too sure of.
Is there any evidence that was a KITT?
There's tons of evidence that was a real kitt, you just have to dig a little :wink:

Joey.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3236658" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

OKC KNIGHT
Operative

Post by OKC KNIGHT » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:27 pm

Newcastle knight wrote:Dont waste your time looking for KITT at Universal, he isnt there anymore. The car pictured was bought and is now in safe hands being restored.

AJ Palmgren has a screen used KITT but im not sure where abouts in America he lives.

AJ is in Iowa (Car 1194 I believe??).There is the Auburn car and one is now in Miami.And one in a UK car museum. forget the #'s at the moment

BTW I hanged out with AJ @ KR Vegas fest 2012 and WOW !! that guy is a "Walking encyclopedia" of Knight Rider !!! :shock: :shock: :good:

So to my knowledge only 3-4 original **SCREEN USED** cars are still known to exist :shock:

Dave
Specializing in 1982-1992 Firebird/Trans Am Parts since 2002 and the ONLY seller of High Quality KITT Taillight blackouts

My contact Dmcman108@yahoo.com

saim123
Stranger

Post by saim123 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:01 am

Hello admin my name is SAIM.. Your are having a nice nice forum. i am a new user and i will be Actively participating.. Hope you will well come me..:)
SAIM

zalagoz
Stranger

Post by zalagoz » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:45 am

Hi, tosaydı i visited ti Universial Studious to see the KITT. I had the some infos by inspecting some people who lives in Los Angeles. They said that KITT is in Unv. Studious. I purchesed 80-$ cost ticket. But that "KITT" is not original one, David Hassellof's KITT. It is the Mustang one. I was shocked..Anyway I couldnt see it. But still want. Tomorrow I am going to go to Miami! Could You please tell me where is it, original one?? I can visited there!! Please infor me as soon as possible.
Thank you

Newcastle knight
Operative

Post by Newcastle knight » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:11 pm

Knight Racer wrote:
Newcastle knight wrote: The car pictured was bought and is now in safe hands being restored.

What's the status of the progress?Is there a website that shows detailed pictures of the restoration?
Theres no website no, the owner didnt make it public knowledge so i cant really say much else to be honest, i can however tell you it was 100% screen used, no question, so just keep your scanners peeled as im sure it will surface eventually :)

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:57 am

Knight Rider Historians meet up with AJ Palmgren to view an actual screen used Kitt from the show. The car (K.I.T.T. #1198) has been around during the entire run of the series. While they have no information about how it was used in the first two seasons, they know for a fact that in season three it was used as a 'right hand blind drive car'. Everything is original except the dash that was added when the car was up for display.

Here's the link: http://knightriderhistorians.blogspot.s ... chive.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The car is located in the Kruse Automotive Museum in Auburn, Indiana. Cancel your Florida tickets now. :D
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:26 am

Nice! I didn't know that! So at least one of the actual car used in the show is on display there.. I've got to go there one day!

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:12 am

I think Joey Fatone owns another screen used Kitt as well.
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

OKC KNIGHT
Operative

Post by OKC KNIGHT » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:13 pm

Knight-Armen wrote:I think Joey Fatone owns another screen used Kitt as well.

FALSE !!! It was discussed LONG time ago when that stupid Crib$ episode aired,That it was actually a REPLICA.But then again with all that hair product that he uses,he'll still think it's an "Original". :wink:

Dave
Specializing in 1982-1992 Firebird/Trans Am Parts since 2002 and the ONLY seller of High Quality KITT Taillight blackouts

My contact Dmcman108@yahoo.com

TONY1977
Recruit

Post by TONY1977 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:14 pm

When in Florida, visit the Dezer Collection museum. They were the guys that purchased quite all of the Cars of the stars museum car collection from UK.
The now have both Kitt cars, the actual T/A #1196 aka the hero convertible Kitt from the show, and a tour car Universal gave David H. to go on stage with him during his World tour. The latter is a T-top car.

Take care all of you guys. Have a great 2013.
Tony

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:16 pm

The guy who owns the first kift (knight industries 4000)that was restored. Appearantly owns an original kitt from the tv series. I don't know if he still has it or not? 8)

ceshiwuhao
Stranger

Post by ceshiwuhao » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:37 am

Is there a website that shows detailed pictures of the restoration?

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:56 pm

I think there might be a thread about it either over at the foundation or the registries. The restoration I think was done back in 2007??? So it's going to be buried in all those threads. You could try doing a search on those websites? :?

maxxboost
Volunteer

Post by maxxboost » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:08 am

The pictures from the restoration can be found here:
http://www.knightfoundation.net/news/kift/myalbum.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Unfortunately there is no name of the person who restored it. Anybody knows where this KIFT is right now? Apparently it is another than the one from the Dezer collection:
http://www.knightfoundation.net/F0rum20 ... hilit=kift" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and
http://s1247.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ort=3&o=25" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The guy who owns the first kift (knight industries 4000)that was restored. Appearantly owns an original kitt from the tv series. I don't know if he still has it or not?
So this would be a 5th original KITT? Do you have any sources or # number?

Edit:
There is also a guy with nick "videobob" on this forum who restored a KIFT:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17799&p=203070&hilit=garage" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 049&type=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
So how many KIFT do exist?
http://www.knightriderforever.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:49 pm

Okay what you are going to have to do is someone that's a member of the foundation. Send him a personal message. His user name is knight 4000. Then we will see if he answer's. I haven't sent the owner of the knight 4000 an e-mail since 2007 so the situation may have change?? 8)

maxxboost
Volunteer

Post by maxxboost » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:08 pm

Thanks for the info! So these are indeed two diferent KIFT. One now with the studio dash in it (owner John "the knight 4000") and the one from Bobs Prop Shop.
http://www.knightfoundation.net/F0rum20 ... =1&t=12024" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Not counting the boat version(s) ...
http://www.knightriderforever.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;