POLL: Should KITT Turbo Boost?

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Should KITT Turbo Boost in the Motion Picture?

Yes
99%
No
1%

Total votes: 78

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: POLL: Should KITT Turbo Boost?

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:41 am

Wouldn't it be more like taking away his ability of flight? ;) Which at one point during the development of the next Superman movie (that lead to Superman Returns) John Peters being the clown that he is, wanted to do. >_>
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:26 am

PHOENIXZERO wrote:Wouldn't it be more like taking away his ability of flight? ;) Which at one point during the development of the next Superman movie (that lead to Superman Returns) John Peters being the clown that he is, wanted to do. >_>
With all of the creative/continuity problems that movie has, it wouldn't have ended up making much of a difference.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

TurboBoostMan
Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by TurboBoostMan » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:40 pm

KITT NEEDS TO TURBO BOOST!!! It is NOT unnecessary. It was one of the most exciting things of the original series. Its my favorite KITT function!!! And I LOVE the original sound effects. It should be the same one as the show and it should be the same sound EVERY TIME!
"One Man Can Make A Difference" - Wilton Knight

Deveo
Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Deveo » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:24 am

KITT himself would probably have said "Really.... Can Michael Jackson moon walk?" :roll: Knight Rider without Turbo Boosting is just unacceptable.

Oh yeah, by the way, the KR2008 series did feature some weird kind of Turbo Boost in the 2nd episode. When KI3T was racing against the red spider they almost hit a car if it wasn't for KI3T's Turbo Boost... :mrgreen: That was one of the few good points of the 2008 series though IMO.
'Playing a video game where circles eat blobs is hardly getting into computers.'

-KITT, Soul Survivor

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:49 am

Turbo Boost is what made the car amazing in action! Without it there's absolutely no point in taking this project any further. Also, I want a real life car jump, not the dim witted CGI effect we got in KR08.
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

DLAspider
Rookie

Post by DLAspider » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:34 pm

Really, VK? Not trying to be an @$$hole but you're saying Glen and TWC asked you to post a question on KRO and get a handful of votes and report back to them and they'll base a feature film on the results?

DarylKnight
Rookie

Post by DarylKnight » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:37 pm

Should KITT Turbo Boost? That's a silly question.

Should the General Lee have continued to jump? WB only used nitrogen launchers to scale up all the jumps for the Dukes movie in 2005. No matter what the opinion of that movie was, you have to admit the General's treatments were top notch.

I'd expect nothing less for KITT and the KR fans.

knightfever
Operative

Post by knightfever » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:03 am

I agree Daryl. The movie wasn't very good at all, but I do still put in the DVD from time to time just to watch the General Lee scenes. Especially the jump onto the freeway.

As for the topic, if KITT doesn't have the turbo boost function, that would be like a Superman who couldn't fly. We all tuned in every week from 1982-1986 to see how many times KITT would turbo boost.

james olden
FLAG Recruit

Post by james olden » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:21 am

Kitt without turbo boost would be like kitt without the artificial intelligence.its like having the 1968 Bullitt movie without the car chasing scenes (the movie wouldn't been a classic) or like Married With Children without Al Bundy (he made the show).Turbo boost is what made kitt.It was kitts main function all hands down.Too bad turbo boost wasn't on the 1991 movie or the tkr series.
On the Quest for filling in the gaps from right after after Scent of Roses 1986- Knight Rider 2008

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightdriver » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:42 am

DLAspider wrote:Really, VK? Not trying to be an @$$hole but you're saying Glen and TWC asked you to post a question on KRO and get a handful of votes and report back to them and they'll base a feature film on the results?
I can't believe you guys still believe Nicks stories. He has nothing to do with the movie (Which will probably
never happen anyways). He's all talk and no action. Unless copying someone else book and calling it his own
counts.

Also, this thread is 4 years old. I don't think it takes 4 years to come up with a movie version of an already existing property.
Brian - Knightdriver.com

DLAspider
Rookie

Post by DLAspider » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:00 pm

Didn't even notice the thread was so old..someone revived it and it popped back to the top..