Knight Rider: The Fan Game

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Michael.Knight1
Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: Knight Rider: The Fan Game

Post by Michael.Knight1 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:47 am

I Thinks This Logo is Cool . -> Designed By faguns :P <-
Attachments
logo.jpg
logo.jpg (8.2 KiB) Viewed 33280 times
Michael Knight, a young loner on a crusade to champion the cause of the innocent, the helpless, the powerless, in a world of criminals who operate above the law.

Superman111994
Rookie

Post by Superman111994 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:43 pm

That is nearly identical to this logo, over nyaah...
http://images.designcrowd.com/image.asp ... mark=false" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

msKEN
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by msKEN » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:03 pm

Yes those are images from the portfolio of the artist I contracted to design my logos... where are we going with this here? I'm a bit confused.
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Michael.Knight1
Operative

Post by Michael.Knight1 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:00 pm

by Superman111994» Jun 21, 2012 2:43 pm

That is nearly identical to this logo, over nyaah...
http://images.designcrowd.com/image.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... mark=false
Anyways The Logo Which put it design by faguns :P .
Stop Here now :P
by msKEN» Jun 21, 2012 3:03 pm

Yes those are images from the portfolio of the artist I contracted to design my logos... where are we going with this here? I'm a bit confused.
Sorry for this discussion about the game logo in your game topic 8) .
We Stop Here lol :wink:
Michael Knight, a young loner on a crusade to champion the cause of the innocent, the helpless, the powerless, in a world of criminals who operate above the law.

KiTT316
Rookie

Post by KiTT316 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:38 pm

Me thinks things are getting....weird....

crashb648
Operative

Post by crashb648 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:02 am

Well i checked up on the progress of your game, and I am mighty impressed! I'm glad you reverted back from that drop down version of the game to the full version. Hopefully you can integrate that version of the game into this GTA game so all your work doesn't go to waste.

Have you considered actually approaching universal and see if you can get it properly licensed? That way you can get lots of media attention and money. I know that may seem a bit out of reach, but considering the amount of work you guys are putting into the game, its worth considering.

I'm glad you haven't lost your focus on the project, and I hope continues to edge towards been in a completed state. Hopefully you will consider releasing a beta of a little gameplay, so we can see if we like the physics and movement of KITT and Michael etc.

Hows the website coming along? I'm a Web Designer so if you need any constructive criticism or any advice on how to display something, I'm gladly help!

I've also sent you a PM, hopefully you will have time to read and respond to it!

One [team] can make a difference!
- Crashb648
http://www.thetributepages.info/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Online Tribute Pages for Video Games, Movies and TV Shows. Including: Knight Rider and Knight Rider: The Game!

Michael.Knight1
Operative

Post by Michael.Knight1 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:48 am

i thinks the site soon in 2013 !!

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:02 am

2013? No the goal is to have the site up before September with hopefully a playable demo/beta in time for the Knight Rider Reunion, but nothing is set in stone at the moment. This game has unfortunately grown beyond its original scope just 6 months ago, and way beyond the modest budget that I had set aside for the original top down beat em up game, so its hard to say right now when to expect a demo. I'm a huge fan of beat em up brawlers with combo's and unlockable moves etc. Since I can't see Michael going around shooting the bad guys I think its a perfect fit with his martial arts. So essentially yes I'm working the existing system in, but I want it to be better and feel better.

We are also going to take a stab at facial animation for the entire game, which is something completely new to me and has been a heck of a learning experience so far. For Daan, that is also a ton of work as well because he will have to pose each of the 40 phonemes to get accurate looking lip synching.

We do have plans to discuss the Knight Rider license with NBC Universal, but this will be regarding what will hopefully be a mobile franchise license.

Crash, I'll follow up with an email soon.

crashb648
Operative

Post by crashb648 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:21 am

Thanks for replying msken! Always like to know that a project is being worked on, and hasn't died or lost interest :)

Cheers, i look forward to the PM/Email!

Oh, one more thing, whats a mobile franchise license? Is that what it seems to suggest? A mobile phone license?
http://www.thetributepages.info/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Online Tribute Pages for Video Games, Movies and TV Shows. Including: Knight Rider and Knight Rider: The Game!

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:41 am

Correct to be granted the license to use the franchise likeness on a mobile development platform. Simply meaning we want to make games for Android/iOS/Windows Mobile 8 phones. Would be great to get the opportunity to make the official game for you guys! And hopefully at 99 cents you guys would help make it a hit and I would get to do what I love and make more! But first we'll see how this project goes lol, maybe I shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the franchise after what I'm about to do these characters as it is LOL! I'll let you guys decide after you play it!

krfgsh16 by theknightrider.com, on Flickr

Michael.Knight1
Operative

Post by Michael.Knight1 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:30 pm

lol . That's Coooool . I Like Goliath a lot of them :P
The Dashboard of KITt is Perfect :good: :good: :good: :good:
:dash:

Deveo
Operative

Post by Deveo » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:44 am

Fantastic work, although I have to disagree with Michael's opinion in the picture about the sights :lol: I think they're fabulous! :good:
'Playing a video game where circles eat blobs is hardly getting into computers.'

-KITT, Soul Survivor

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightdriver » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:49 am

Lookin good Ken!

Not sure if it would be a pain in the @#$% but your pod ends need to be much bigger.

The LEDs in the pods should be the same size as the ones on the Power, Auto, Normal, Pursuit
board seen above. The pods themselves should be almost in front of the bottom edge of the dash.
I know it's 4th season so it's kind of ugly and plain. LOL.

Again, almost twice that size.

I can't believe how far you have gotten in this though. Looks far better than that Davilex one they
come out with.
Brian - Knightdriver.com

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:52 pm

Hey Brian,

That is actually Tobie's dash still, I actually have to rework that dash quite a bit to make everything functional. Including pod buttons. Daan did some great animations of Michael pressing pod buttons on the upper console, the pods, etc, so I want to make everything as functional as possible. I'm not a season 4 dash/exterior fan at all, so it actually pains me to incorporate things like c-mode and SPM mode, lol but hey I HAD to do the season 5 story lol. Thanks for the compliments, and don't forget season 1-2 fans, KR2K, 2008 Series, there will be many unlockable cars to be found hidden in this game! Including the Mustangs and the very ridiculous Robot KARR all of course compliments of Tobie! :D

If you guys ask Daan nicely, high might consider modelling Mike Traceur as an unlockable mesh.

Michael.Knight1
Operative

Post by Michael.Knight1 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:17 pm

msKEN i am sure the dash is design by tobie for gta sa kitt car :D .
Tobie is make a perfect Karr robot but is say this not for gta sa , pleasse help me ! this model is for Knight Rider the Fan Game ??

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:20 pm

Looking at that last picture MSKen,I can already hear kitt saying my comprehensive configuration analysis denotes no weakness in goliath(goliath,knight of the juggernaught),the scanner as karr's weakpoint as it is the same in my superstructure(ten wheel trouble),and the detonating tip in the juggernaught(made the last one up but makes sense in theory that that would be a weakpoint to attack).I'm glad you're making the button pods larger in the season 4 dash but not sure if you caught the speedometer always looked too stretched out for that panel in the mesh he made a while ago.

Deveo
Operative

Post by Deveo » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:23 am

Update time!

Ken and I are working on the Michael avatar a bit more, getting his movements ready, and do the lip syncing. Meanwhile, I retextured the model (after all a blown up 400p texture doesn't fit very well to a 1600p cloth texture lol). :P We're both still learning, and slowly but truely we're making some progress lol! We expect the rig to be finished this week.

Meanwhile here's an in-game screen of Hoff 1.2 beta:
'Playing a video game where circles eat blobs is hardly getting into computers.'

-KITT, Soul Survivor

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:40 pm

I always knew Elvis was still alive! Hail to the king baby!

Tried some stuff in photoshop,Tell me if this looks any closer to the hoff?I think he might look closer to George Tekai from the original Star Trek.

know this stuff isn't easy.What you've done is pretty cool and I can't wait to see the end product.

Superman111994
Rookie

Post by Superman111994 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:29 am

I think the first one is closer. See, in the image below, his nose and mouth are smaller, but it's pretty close.

Deveo
Operative

Post by Deveo » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:07 am

Thanks for the criticism, much appreciated. Although the nose and mouth sizes are a bit deformed because of the unusual amera angle lol.

-KITT, Soul Survivor

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:27 am

Yeah its the camera angle, that was a private demo we were sharing back and forth, I didn't really take the time to set it up to really capture the character in a cinematic light so to say. Also when you see the character in motion making all his facial expressions and talking you will see a huge difference.

And again I do put this out there (sorry to sound like a broken record) we are simply hobbyist, this definitely wont look all super next gen AAA quality. Especially when we are still learning as we progress, and have absolutely zero budget. I don't want to get everyone's expectations set really high as we are doing our best to get this to work on older machines.

Superman111994
Rookie

Post by Superman111994 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:26 pm

I think it looks great. You can look at it and tell that it's supposed to be Michael.

Michael.Knight1
Operative

Post by Michael.Knight1 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:47 am

Deveo Look at the face on Knight of the phoenix :D
is Look Great Image

Deveo
Operative

Post by Deveo » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:34 am

To be honest I modeled the face after several season 3 and 4 episodes.

-KITT, Soul Survivor

Michael.Knight1
Operative

Post by Michael.Knight1 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:22 pm

Anyways your model is looking great :D