Change of the Guard

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Change of the Guard

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:40 pm

Greetings!

14 years ago, an obsession with a piece of Knight Rider that nobody particularly liked spurned a fan-fiction series as well as a website devoted to documenting that particular realm - Knight Rider 2000. Today I am pleased to tell you that I have passed along the website, domain, and all its contents (except the fan fic series which is officially retired and offline) over to the capable hands of Knight Rider Online and Neil Epstein.

Knight Rider 2000 Online was a labor of love for many years, running the website was fun, sometimes intense, insanely competitive, and even drama filled at times.

Sadly, gone are the days where every Tom, Dick and Harry had their very own Knight Rider tribute site - believe me there were hundreds. Gone are the days of user websites containing more fan-fiction you could ever imagine. Things change, people grow, sometimes outside (and inside) influences can affect a fandom greatly.

But the stalwarts remained, and KRO has grown to be the centerpiece of this community and I could think of no one better than Neil to assume the reigns and goodies of my site, including some unseen stuff that I never got around to uploading!

By no means is this an announcement that I am retiring from our lovely community... I will still lurk and post, and hopefully make it out to another Knight Rider event once again. And I am still writing, currently working on my fourth draft of my Knight Rider Reboot which will be hosted on fanfiction.net

It will be weird (yet liberating) not receiving a bill in the mail for http://www.kr2k.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; but I know it's in good hands all the same.

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Change of the Guard

Post by neps » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:04 am

Very honored to continue the legacy of kr2k.com - thanks for the opportunity and all the great years Scott!