Knight Rider: The Fan Game

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

james olden
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Knight Rider RPG - Fan Game

Post by james olden » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:11 pm

I have an idea. How about this, right. After you completed the storyline how about having the season 4 ending (kitt in spm speeding in the desert towards the screen) right before the credits roll. What about having a mission against marco berrio. marco berrio found a way to get through kitts security lock to reprogram and which he will turn kitt against you again,most of this mission you'll be on foot or rc3s motorcycle until you find kitt and stop kitt from causing many deaths and destroying f.l.a.g.
On the Quest for filling in the gaps from right after after Scent of Roses 1986- Knight Rider 2008

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:48 pm

I don't want to spoil the story line just yet, but I can confirm Macro Berrio, Dr Halston, Cameron Zackarery, Garth Knight, Goliath, KARR, and the Juggernaut will all make a return in my story line. I have plenty of plot twists and turns to keep these characters interesting.

I can also tell you, you will see the fall of FLAG and it happens on a very personal level for Michael which in the end fuels his decision to leave what's left of the foundation until he is called back into duty for KR 2000.

I was wanting to keep this a secret but I think its too cool not to share. One of the final levels leading up to the big boss battle, will see you chasing down the flag semi. It of course has been rigged to blow and Devon and Bonnie are unaware. As Michael approaches the semi, the level begins with the semi trailer blowing up and being engulfed in flames screaming down a mountain road. Pieces of flaming debris will be flying at you along with oncoming traffic, will make it difficult for you to complete the task at hand. There are 4 check points, you must get close enough to the cab of the semi to use Micro Jam to slow it down before it reaches each check point, and finally before it reaches a bridge up ahead, which of course is blown out as well. You'll have to stop the semi and rescue Devon and Bonnie who are hiding in the "panic room" kitchen area of the Semi.

The final boss level may or may not have you boarding a Military Cargo plane as it takes off. You may or may not end up being dumped out of said cargo plane and find yourself in an action packed free fall predicament that defies the law of physics, and it may or may not involve KITT and a parachute. :D I haven't finished the final boss level script just yet, but I can promise you it will be big, and will be leaving Michael all just a bit burnt out enough to say good bye.
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

knightprowl
Operative

Post by knightprowl » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:08 pm

sounds awesome ken, cant wait to play this, keeps getting better and better, good work man, and good luck, thanks and peace

Deveo
Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Deveo » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:51 am

Hi Ken,

Great work on the fan game, what you've told about the storyline and what you've shown really makes me enthousiastic!
I don't know how you're doing with modelling the characters, but I am eventually willing to help making 3d characters based on official video material, for characters such as Berrio and other enemies.

To see what I made from the original KR cast, you could look on the Knight Rider - the Game mod topic (one of the last posts). Although those are very rough versions (especially Bonnie) and I have edited them a lot lately, this is a bit of what I can make with animatable mouth, eyes and so on. I added Wilton, RC3 and April to the cast model list too.

Let me know if you can use some help, if not, I'd be very interested to know what your characters will look like :-)

Good luck!
'Playing a video game where circles eat blobs is hardly getting into computers.'

-KITT, Soul Survivor

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:02 am

Of course I could use your help Deveo! This is a huge undertaking and I haven't even started on the characters you have mentioned. I'm also pretty decent at rigging, but I don't know much of bone animating for facial rigs, I always use morph targets, but I think I've come to find that my game engine doesn't support morph targets without an expensive plug in so I may need to look into bone rigging. Either way mate your help on this project would be very welcome!

Also guys I'm working on integrating a very cool Night/Day system with real weather and actual moon phases. Rain will collect and pool on the roads, and snow can accumulate on build up on the ground for our winter levels. It still needs a lot of work and tweaking here and there. I'll post a video to twitter soon :)

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:39 pm

The only time I can remember a reference to kitt and snow is in knight by a nose when kitt had to pull a horse trailer.I wonder if kitt will have to use his grappling hook to pull himself out of the snow or wait for tripple A.

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:22 pm

Would a mod be as so kind to change the title of this thread to "Knight Rider: The Fan Game"? Since everyone seems to hate my top down RPG idea and has changed, its a bit misleading lol! Thanks!

Matthew
Site Administrator

Re: Knight Rider: The Fan Game

Post by Matthew » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:29 pm

Sure thing, Ken. :good:

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:17 pm

Just got through recording 66 sound files for the game.Everything from monitor sounds,scanning,bullets,missiles,windows up and down, everything you could possibly hear from kitt's functions.Let me tell you,it was pretty hard recording all those sounds since most are drowning in background music and editing everything but it will be worth it to see it in the next demo i get.

Avenger95
Operative

Post by Avenger95 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:04 am

I haven't checked the comments completely but I was wondering something...

Have you thought of putting some easter eggs in the game, or at least some subtle references to other Knight Rider shows? Like for instance, driving KITT into a warehouse/factory and you see KIFT under construction. Or have a random vehicle drive by with the TKR logo on it.....just random things that could add to the enjoyment of discovery in the game 8)
...... []Knight Avenger Guardian Enforcer[] ......

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:35 am

I don't have anything like that planned Avenger, but I do have hidden objects that are throw backs to some of the episodes. Like for instance, you'll have a warehouse/factory mission where you will stumble upon "Mighty Mouth" the bear. Finding this bear will unlock the pilot KITT to use in sandbox mode. Also you can find the TV from Soul Survivor, and some other hidden objects that will unlock other FLAG vehicles for sandbox mode. I'll even be breaking the 4th wall of the hidden objects and you will stumble upon classic merchandise items like a lunchbox or board game.

knightprowl
Operative

Post by knightprowl » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:05 pm

wow sounds awesome ken, cant wait to see those man, anyways good luck and keep us posted, thanks and peace

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:23 pm

What do you think of the idea for a pursuit mode/rocket system that has a reacharge meter like Davilex used.but we could call it pursuit mode.

knightprowl
Operative

Post by knightprowl » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:00 am

ive got another idea, how about being able to crash through walls of brick or steel or through big metal doors like at a warehouse or something like kitt did on the show, and have it take a way a percentage of mbs when you do, also being able to hit still like cars, fences and etc and damage them, that would be cool, same with goliath, like be able to drive through a tank or another semi or even a train and damage it badly and take some mbs away as well, that would be cool, anyways just some more ideas, anyways thanks and peace

Deveo
Operative

Post by Deveo » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:28 am

How about this idea; having an Easter Egg that will unlock the Davilex KITT to do with as you please? I can imagine some people would really like to have a little Davilex revenge action lol :D
Since the game producer does not exist anymore it could be possible!

By editing the KR game, the first thing I got rid of was the really horrible KITT model with all those stupid weapons popping out everywhere. Now the laser is like season 3 KARR's, the plasma is replaced by a convertible mode and the rocket launcher removed to let them come from under KITT's rear end, like in Not a Drop To Drink, SE1.
'Playing a video game where circles eat blobs is hardly getting into computers.'

-KITT, Soul Survivor

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:15 pm

There are certain scenes I hope we can incorporate into the kr game like Michael's scenes where he put kitt on autopilot and climbs out of the t-top to get on a truck or something.The use of kitt's scanning systems like his medical stats reader,the chemical analyzer,kitt blasting through the walls.

Deveo
Operative

Post by Deveo » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:38 pm

Knight Racer wrote:There are certain scenes I hope we can incorporate into the kr game like Michael's scenes where he put kitt on autopilot and climbs out of the t-top to get on a truck or something
There was a planned mission in the first Davilex KR game where Michael would put KITT on auto-cruise mode and climb on a train to deactivate a bomb in time before it would destroy a village. After that, KITT would microjam the railroad controller to make the train go a diffirent way. In the 2nd part KITT should save Michael before the train would fall down a cliff. Although the sound and .ini files were still left in, no part of the mission ever entered the game. Too bad, because it was very interesting. Perhaps you could use the idea somehow, Ken?

-KITT, Soul Survivor

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:38 pm

Day and Night System Beta Test:

Forgive the bad driving and the really crappy control on the camera, I'm only trying to show off the poorly working weather system lol. I have no idea why it captured the mouse either lol. I have a lot of bugs to iron out especially with the rain, but I think its a pretty convincing cycle. Its obviously transitioning day to night very quickly simply for the video. It looks much more natural when its at a slower speed. I was thinking of making a complete cycle every 1 - 2 hours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69ir__Mtqzw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Avenger95
Operative

Post by Avenger95 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:30 pm

Looking good! The menu music (KR Rock) is a good choice :)
...... []Knight Avenger Guardian Enforcer[] ......

Deveo
Operative

Post by Deveo » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:25 am

Wow, just great!
- great weather system, I love the leaves, it really gives a 'storm' effect.
- Incredible city, great work on that!
- The weather-especially the day/night cycle- looks fantastic with the added blur effect.
- I love the way KITT gets 'repaired' after his MBS is recovered.

If the final visual quality is going to be even better than this, that's AWESOME!

-KITT, Soul Survivor

knightprowl
Operative

Post by knightprowl » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:50 am

so far his game is looking great, but really i dont think that's the final version, its not even done as he has said, not even close to being done, plus theres a lot of bugs, glitches, effects and etc to fix and finish, so trust me this game will be way better then it is so far, just got to give him time to do his thing man, it'll be great when its final, anyways thanks and peace

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:25 am

Could you make the dash view use the windsheild washers once every few seconds when is raining?Would make this car feel more realistic to me.

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:54 am

Yes but you already knew this. KITT is going to have quite a few working functions such as Windows UP/Down, Auto Roof left and right, working turn signals, windshield wipers, working head lights and fog lights, horn (anyone have a sfx for KITT's horn? The only time I ever heard it was when they drove threw a tunnel), auto doors and trunk open, and what ever else I have room to fit onto the functional pods. This will hopefully turn out to be a true KITT simulator.

themaster
Volunteer

Post by themaster » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:44 am

Hi.. msKEN... Congratulations for this great work. But I Have a few questions.

->What about the limitations of the sim?

->It´ll have a grapics selector, support for steering wheels or gamepad?

->The Game will be translated in other languages?

->What about the sanbox? The people, the traffic and other component´s?

Thanks. Regardings.

PD: I speak Spanish perfectly. :D

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:19 am

->What about the limitations of the sim?

I'm not sure what you are asking in regards to limitations? Do mean system requirements?

->It´ll have a grapics selector, support for steering wheels or gamepad?

Yes, you have a pre-launch program that allows you to customize graphics settings and set up your controller. Eventually it will be built into the menu system but its not a top priority.

->The Game will be translated in other languages?

Hopefully, I wouldn't see this as being a problem.

->What about the sanbox? The people, the traffic and other component´s?

Right now I'm working on getting the character and vehicle system working exactly the way I would like, then I will begin dressing the scenes with people, traffic, animals, etc.