ws6air replica updates

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

ws6air
Operative

Re: ws6air replica updates

Post by ws6air » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:03 pm

Well, Here's my update for November.... Got all the noses done.... made 2 and got those prepped and ready for paint. I had a longer Holiday than normal, so while I had my girl's 82 still nasty from working on the noses, I went ahead and started back onto the engine bay covers .... I've always wanted to make it look like a turbine....well, after going to Kennedy space center...I took notes... but I'm still using my original cover I made awhile back, with the turbo on the passenger side. Well, this may not look like much, but this is what I have fabbed up so far. Just raw glass that's been fighting with the grinder.... the part lost... Jjokin. You can see the original cover in the background...This is on my girls carbed engine, so it's about the same....you can see the vent on the driver side I'm making... going to look like a jet engine when done...trust me....

Now....Here's a funny for ya... I've been planning on making a cover for the turn signals and scanner, so, I made some... here's the funny part, if you reverse the turn signals , you can mount them on the cover, then use the middle section for the cover for the scanner... basically putting your mounting tabs for the turn signals upside down and mounting it to the covers.... turned out nice.... now for a little bondo and make pretty.....and this will be done.....

Not much, but enough to keep ya busy, till next month......and yes, raw glass lookds horrible when fabbing.... got to start somewhere A?

Marc
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:17 pm

Looking good there.Are you planning on putting on a logo such as Knight Industries or Knight 2000 on that engine cover?

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:31 pm

Oh yey, going to have the red logo(steering wheel logo) on that driver side cover on engine and have a Serial number of KITT (Alpha Delta number from show) on one of the covers up front somewhere around the scanner area. I'm not going to go hog wild either. I'm also going to put some electronics out there two, along with a winch where the battery normally goes.... It will have all the goodies. Can't wait...Now for some bondo on these bare parts

Marc

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:22 am

Just thought I'd keep you guys posted.... not that you care, especially right here at the Holidays, by the way, Happy Holidays!!! I just want to show one side finished and show what I'm trying to go for. With some electronics or gadgets(maybe LCD to show the making of my replica, don't know yet, ) , but , Here's what I was going for, and the scanner does fit under the hood correctly. This is the whole reasoning for the way I did it.... to make the black metal I added, make it look like the top of the scanner when hood's closed.. It closes, very tight, but yey, it works. Kind of cool looking, almost looks like a show scanner done like this. Anyway, here's some pics...More pics coming soon. About to finish the cowl cover too. (just smoothing out part) (gadgets on it come later)(that's what I can't wait to do, paint the covers, then put gadgets in) Talk to you all later

P.S. and yes, my plexi is all busted up, luckily I have more.... Jjokin

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:48 am

Any chance you can make a youtube video to show u how the scanner looks turned on with the hood open?

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:40 pm

When I get the other side done, I plan on making a video, yes.... Should look pretty cool looking . The scanner itself is about 1/32 thick and the metal top piece is about the same, equalling about 1/16th inch, maybe a hair more. You have to remember, my scanner opening is more like Scheffe's first nose, or identical to AJ's nose opening. Been measured... It's about half the size of a regular scanner, so I had to do alot of work to get the middles of the bulb's to be in the centers/up and down / equal across. So anyway. You could always see the top of the scanner in alot of the original pics. I'm just trying to make mine look nice with the hood up while being at shows. no wires, no nothing. CLEAN!!! Like KITT probably might have been.(In a nonfictional way of course)

Marc

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:20 am

Almost to the painting time... going to add on a few more add-ons.....like KITT's S/N plate that KITT might have had. Also going to maybe add a few items up front by scanner, but for now, this is looking pretty cool. Just if wondering , the little tank on the side is a supposed (imagination now/ turn on) compression chamber for turbine engine, and once the cover is in the real ride, (My KITT) , I'll have the turbo sitting up there too. So anyway. Getting almost finished, need to polish those lines, but the left scanner cover is done, and this main cover. Anyway. Alot of fabbing in this. Might look weird, but, didn't KITT back in the day look cool, most of it was for imagination purposes A? Talk to you all soon.....Might have them painted next and add the other metal stuff I have planned....Thanks for looking

Marc

This last one is for kick and giggles....Blk and white pics make it look like old show photos .....just having fun....Talk to you all soon

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:39 pm

Hey , not that I'm a pic whore, but I finished the driver side cover except the part for the scanner(alot of work in just one panel) and also put a piece of weatherstrip between the radiator cowl and engine cover. While doing that, I added a fitting, don't know if I like yet or not, but on most turbine engines, anywhere on the engine you can see plenty of fittings like this. So , I made one, looks cool in some respect, but on the other side , I like the clean smooth look. Don't know which way to go, but it is removable/not permanent. Anyway. Here are some shots. The last one is just a cool shot. It's almost like KITT's smiling....LOL I was excited to take some shots, not everything is aligned perfectly in the shots, but oh well. Scanner will be done tommorrow, maybe I can fire the scanner up with the hood up...make look cool? Talk to you all tommorrow

Marc

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:10 pm

Been quite busy on replica lately.... Finally got almost all the wiring done, interior and exterior

Got a call from the paint shop about my other stuff.....

Not bad.... got to see the headlights go up and down, wipers, turn signals, etc.... was an interesting week to say the least.....Talk to ya all soon....Especially when nose is on at least the wifey's ride!!! Talk to ya soon

Marc

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:39 pm

I did a very , very , quick job putting this together, but it did come together.... I'm just checking on how things are going to look. This is not going to look too bad. The part on the cowl and the turn signal/scanner cover are going to stay on the ride when driving as they are sturdy and nothing will get hot enough around this stuff. The other cover will go on after everything cools down bringing into show. This fab, took just a bit of time. not much at all...... :shock: When the radiator support is gloss with the covers, it will look bammin good.... The canister on the left /passenger side needs to be angled to match cover.....etc, etc....I could keep going, i of course have finishing work, as in LEDs , Knight head stuff.....etc, etc....but no more big fab stuff. This should look nice when complete. The next time you all see this, the turbo will be sitting there. So for now, hope you all don't mind some pics....Talk to you all soon....

Marc

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:36 pm

Looking good man.Is the interior completed? Any vids on the interior?

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:28 am

I have everything finished for the interior, upper, lower consoles, plastics, dash, etc, etc. Just want to get it running before I start putting the dash in as I know it's going to be a beast of a project. Engine/Tranny is going to be fun!!! :D Can't wait!!! Here's some pics of the interior pieces....

Marc

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:34 am

Man that dash look awesome!It's even hotter than how it looked in knight of the phoenix except the modulator was a bit bigger since it was the square.I love that you got the lettering on the wheel even though it was taken out after the pilot.Adds just a bit more detail to the wheel when the dash is so full of detail.How long do you think it will be until your replica is at 100%?

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:44 am

My landmark will be Sring of 2014....Seems a long way off, but that's the definate due date. If I'm not done by then, I'll have done probably sold it. Jjokin....2014 is my goal as my buddy here at the Paint shop, wants to do the first show with it. It will be his 30th anniversary celebration and he wants it to be there. So, 2014 it is..... plus, sometimes , enough playing is enough playing. I'd like to take it to a show here and there, ya know? Can't enjoy things if I'm 85 years old, ya know? As far as the interior, I'll get it running soon. I'm actually still working on all electrics up in the engine bay. I'm working on getting everything ready for the engine. It will be ready shortly :D Pics coming .......

marc

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Sat May 05, 2012 1:24 pm

Not much done, but little at a time....Went ahead after paint and put my A/C delete on , driver side headlight restored, and made a rear hatch cover for that finished look. Hah! Turned out cool, and very easy to do. Moving along with Lowering Springs today...Thanks Joe

Marc

knightfever
Operative

Post by knightfever » Sat May 05, 2012 4:14 pm

:shock: It's looking AWESOME!!!!! And I'm loving the Knight Logo on the top of the taillight fixture. I like to see the replica builders put their own ideas into the car. :good:

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Sun May 06, 2012 6:36 pm

Thanks !!!! It's been a long , long project. I've took my time and I'm glad of that, but sad as I want to enjoy my ride.... :twisted: This is exciting!!!! Got my lowering springs on!!! Thanks Joe!!! Can't wait to see the stance. I remember yours and how good it looked . Thanks again. This will be my last post for awhile....Banding next weekends.... Thanks for looking. Got to put fuel line in and that's it .....engine time!!!!

Marc

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:59 pm

Just thought I'd show some progress shots.... Rearend time....As I have redone everything on the front side, now for the backside...YAY!!!! Hah, I wish....This is not fun, but it's getting there. Now only the gas tank, arms, and body...Hah....still have a bunch to do. I personally can't wait for a differential cover!!! Going to look cool... Till then....just getting stuff prepared and ready!!! Have a good one!!!

Marc

Pierre
FLAG Recruit

Post by Pierre » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:12 am

man i'm so jealous^^

Jürgen
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Jürgen » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:17 am

Who wouldn't be? The word "beautiful" is not enough to describe this level of awesomeness.

iswaraKITT
Volunteer

Post by iswaraKITT » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:29 am

i've been viewing your work from post no.1, and till the latest pics, and i gotta say... YOU ROCK!!! keep it up! can't wait for the latest update!
Mike: KITT, go to Attack Mode... and give me lots of sirens...
KI3T: Will this do, Micheal?
KI3T goes to Attack Mode with police lights on top of him and gets chased by a highway patrol biker

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:50 am

Insane amounts of jealousy on my end brother, looks great! You most definitely have the nicest replica I've ever seen and its not even complete yet lol, and a hell of a lot of patience to boot! Waiting on stuff just drives me nuts. Can't wait to see her all finished up!
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

1987trans am
Stranger

Post by 1987trans am » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:52 pm

amazing job on the car man and can u or someone leave a link to where i can get the interior gadgets :dash:

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:21 pm

Man, been busy on this thing. Got all brake lines sealed and ready for priming. YES!!!! Can't wait!!! Rear is complete!!! NOW.... where to begin? I guess I'll go ahead and put my battery relocation in trunk area , so I can put plastic panels in. Been awhile since I did this stuff. Only about 5-6 years since. EXCITED!!! I'm going to work on engine and tranny while doing trunk area, so engine will be ready when trunk is done. Anyway. Hope all is well with everybody, look forward to meeting a bunch of ya in Georgia! Till then!!! LATER!!!

Marc

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:16 pm

Haven't posted for awhile, been quite busy. Almost got the middle section of car done / still need handles and locks, but been working on putting this engine back together . If you didn't know, my girl's car took my original cam/very lopey, but now that I have definately decided awhile back to go turbo, she is using that cam and the engine got torn back down. I'm now rebuilding it and can't wait, as tranny is ready to go. Now to get this thing running. This should be around 350-400 HP. Will I use it. Probably not. Will I have it, yes. Anyway. It's really starting to look like a car now. Rear of car is done(outside) and middle almost done(outside) so..... After engine is ready, get the front done(outside) Anyway. Just thought I'd post a progress shot (took with Iphone), sorry about quality. Can't wait to make it look like the setup on my wife's car/ used for mockup. Thanks honey!!! jjokin. Talk to you all later

Marc

One Day , it will look like this...hopefully!!!