DVD missing sound fx...

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

guitardave
Volunteer

DVD missing sound fx...

Post by guitardave » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:42 pm

Ok, So I'm in the middle of a Knight fest at the moment. I'm watching Season 3, and I've noticed that the last couple of episodes have some very noticeable silences where there should be sound effects. I remember reading about this before. Are there any box sets where the effects are complete, or do they all suffer from the missing sounds? Anyone know how many episodes/series were affected? I'm watching the individual Season 3 box set (UK), not the black complete box set.

Thinking of trading my individual sets for this at some point if it's complete (fx and all!) :- http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005 ... d_i=468294" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Skav
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: DVD missing sound fx...

Post by Skav » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:18 am

Unfortunately, many episodes were affected in season 3, including Lost Knight, Knight of the Chameleon and more. Season 4's Knight of the Juggernaut also suffered a couple including the first SPM sequence when KITT converts and apparently there is another in Redemption of a Champion although I cannot personally identify it.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

guitardave
Volunteer

Post by guitardave » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:54 am

So the season 3 box set has the problem, and the complete series box set has the same problem too?

DarylKnight
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by DarylKnight » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:55 am

The Black Boxed set includes all of the updated corrected discs. Nearly all of the Sound effects are fully restored. There maybe a few misses, but I haven't identified them. Most notably corrected, are Lost Knight, and the Opening car chase of "Knight of the Chameleon". :kitt:

guitardave
Volunteer

Post by guitardave » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:20 pm

Cool, thanks for that :-)

jyd85
Operative

Post by jyd85 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:42 pm

With the Complete Collection, there's still a few minor sound issues here and there with S4. (Like in KOTJ, where they jump onto the boat, and you don't hear the engine. There's another involving Devon checking in with Kitt and Michael, but I can't remember the ep. at the moment.)

At least they're not as painfully obvious as those in the S3 single release.
If you'd be so kind as to put me down.

Down?

My dear, I'm a car. Not a plane.