check out my website

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Dumbledore
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

check out my website

Post by Dumbledore » Tue Jul 01, 2003 4:37 pm

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Tue Jul 01, 2003 5:08 pm

While we appreciate your enthusiasm for knight rider, your sites information is a direct rip off of portions of this site, and others. You can't just do that, as it insults the people who worked very hard to create the sites your got your information from. At the very least you should give proper credit. In fact it would be good if you to ask the people who's sites you found your information if you can use it. I'm not trying to stop you from making a Knight Rider site, I just think you should use a little creativity and some common sense when doing so.

nivek
FLAG Recruit

Post by nivek » Tue Jul 01, 2003 11:26 pm

it look very cool i have to say it is one of the better ones i have seen and it is very easy to get around in
but do lesson to neps he does have a point and if I might add it can be a be a very pointy point
Last edited by nivek on Tue Jul 01, 2003 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aussieknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by aussieknight » Tue Jul 01, 2003 11:34 pm

nivek wrote:it look very cool i have to say it is one of the better ones i have seen and it is very easy to get around in
but do lesson to neps he does have a point and if I might add it can be a be a very pointy poit
First of all, yes, his point can be pointy (how wude!), and secondly, mate, PLEASE use the spell-check function on the bottom right of the message body box. Pretty please?
"What do you mean, 'get'? You ARE in big trouble." -KITT, Not a Drop to Drink.

Dumbledore
Rookie

Post by Dumbledore » Tue Jul 01, 2003 11:42 pm

aussieknight wrote:
nivek wrote:it look very cool i have to say it is one of the better ones i have seen and it is very easy to get around in
but do lesson to neps he does have a point and if I might add it can be a be a very pointy poit
First of all, yes, his point can be pointy (how wude!), and secondly, mate, PLEASE use the spell-check function on the bottom right of the message body box. Pretty please?
what do you mean?

and.... i did give credit to the sites where i got the info

aussieknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by aussieknight » Tue Jul 01, 2003 11:45 pm

You looked at my quote?

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Tue Jul 01, 2003 11:46 pm

Let me jump in here temporarily, don't want to cause trouble, however.

1) There is already a Knight Rider Online, you might want to change your information a bit so it doesn't completely echo the present site. Literally everything you have comes from KRO, and that is not really fair to Neil.

2) There is also already a Knight Foundation. With it's own forum. Might want to rethink that title.

KI
(still defending her own stuff)

aussieknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by aussieknight » Tue Jul 01, 2003 11:48 pm

Hi Laura. Nice to see you again.

rusti_knight
Operative

Post by rusti_knight » Tue Jul 01, 2003 11:50 pm

Dumbledore: You have copied information and titles that belong to someone else. If you don't amend this yourself, the website provider you've got your webspace at can be emailed and your site yanked. if you would like to keep your site, I'd changed the title and the copied content. If the people you took it from don't want it there, credit or no credit, it cannot be there.

Rusti
[Rus] What makes you think you've got what it takes to tame me anyway?
[Beast] ~sly naughty grin~ Experienced handling.

--From RP
DevArt: http://rusti-knight.deviantart.com

nivek
FLAG Recruit

Post by nivek » Tue Jul 01, 2003 11:53 pm

I mean i can not spell so please hang in there and do your best to make out and I do like you guy telling me that i have thing mis spelled

Dumbledore
Rookie

Post by Dumbledore » Wed Jul 02, 2003 12:08 am

ok, i got rid of EVERYTHING

basicly, the only this there is a link to the forums

i need some ideas of what to put on the site

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Wed Jul 02, 2003 12:13 am

You really need to figure that out for yourself. You need to figure out what you want to bring to the web about the show, and if you have to use other's stuff, write to the webmaster and ask, and don't copy word for word.

Every site is unique to their owners, they are generally an expression of that person's views of the show. Use your imagination, and see where it takes you, without other's help, and if there is something (a picture, a quote, anything) that is on somebody else's site, email the webmaster, generally we webmasters will be more than happy to help you out.

KI

Dumbledore
Rookie

Post by Dumbledore » Wed Jul 02, 2003 12:15 am

knightimmortal wrote:You really need to figure that out for yourself. You need to figure out what you want to bring to the web about the show, and if you have to use other's stuff, write to the webmaster and ask, and don't copy word for word.

Every site is unique to their owners, they are generally an expression of that person's views of the show. Use your imagination, and see where it takes you, without other's help, and if there is something (a picture, a quote, anything) that is on somebody else's site, email the webmaster, generally we webmasters will be more than happy to help you out.

KI
i asked for some ideas of what to put on my site, not a lecture

rusti_knight
Operative

Post by rusti_knight » Wed Jul 02, 2003 12:18 am

She's giving you all the suggestion you're going to get. There are a million and one KR sites out there, it's up to you to make yours unique. It's artistic expression. Nobody here is going to help you with it. It has to be your own idea. There's no need to mouth back like that when she's telling you what you need to do. It's all the help you're going to get, you ought to be thankful for it.

Rusti
[Rus] What makes you think you've got what it takes to tame me anyway?
[Beast] ~sly naughty grin~ Experienced handling.

--From RP
DevArt: http://rusti-knight.deviantart.com

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Wed Jul 02, 2003 12:23 am

[quote="Dumbledore]
i asked for some ideas of what to put on my site, not a lecture[/quote]

Let me give you a hint. With an attitude like that, you don't deserve any help from anybody. Anybody who helps you after a comment like that, would be crazy.

One would think that you would have a little bit more respect for those who have been around longer than you, who were in fact, just trying to help. But I guess it is just easier to copy off of everybody else.

KI

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Wed Jul 02, 2003 1:43 am

hey, don't look a gift horse in the mouth. we're trying to help you. if you would rather us not, just tell us and we will stop. but we are still going to tell you not to take things from our sites.

just make the site what you think looks good.. write about your views on the show. if you need some basic ideas you can always check out my site, perhaps have some news on knight rider that you find around the net. but please, if you find something you want on your site that's on someone else's, just ask for permission. more then likely they'll say yes, with or without a link to their site.

KITT
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Wed Jul 02, 2003 8:01 am

Dumbledore, I know you created your site with the best intentions at heart, but as you can see alot of people feel very strongly about the work and effort they have put into creating a site. Some would say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but others if this was a financial market place, could have sued for less.

My suggestion to you is go around the different sites, and see which area of Knight Rider you seem to enjoy best. Then, figure out something that would be a tribute to that area that no one else exactly has. You can get ideas from other places, just don't give us a cookie cutter clone of it. Read up on all you can, and then give us your personal opinion and feelings on the matter. That would be a great start.

And please in the future don't come on here threatening him. As you can see there was no need to jump to that step so quickly.

Dumbledore
Rookie

Post by Dumbledore » Wed Jul 02, 2003 4:57 pm

neps wrote:Dumbledore, I know you created your site with the best intentions at heart, but as you can see alot of people feel very strongly about the work and effort they have put into creating a site. Some would say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but others if this was a financial market place, could have sued for less.

My suggestion to you is go around the different sites, and see which area of Knight Rider you seem to enjoy best. Then, figure out something that would be a tribute to that area that no one else exactly has. You can get ideas from other places, just don't give us a cookie cutter clone of it. Read up on all you can, and then give us your personal opinion and feelings on the matter. That would be a great start.

And please in the future don't come on here threatening him. As you can see there was no need to jump to that step so quickly.
im sorry

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Wed Jul 02, 2003 5:41 pm

Not to harp on the subject, but you said that you took down everything, Dumbledore.

I would like to note, that is not exactly true.

You still have your banner up which denotes your site as the Knight Foundation, and your forum is called such as well.

There are a few problems with this:

1) Once again, a 'Knight Foundation' already exists.
2) It has a board, just like yours, except it isn't the free version. I don't quite think anybody would appreciate the confusion that would be caused by this, just because of a name.

It can be taken care of by a change of name.

Now, if you are done throwing a tantrum in my direction, there are still many things out there that you can do.

1) Make your own episode guide with your own reviews of the episodes.
2) If you are artistic, you can make your own drawings and such, and post them.
3) You can post observations about the episodes, or do a "Where Are They Now" of the cast members, (that requires research, I know, but can be quite fun.) You can put in filmographies of the cast members, there are all kinds of things, as long as you go out and do them.

Oh, and as for the rest of the board who have been inquiring about my recurring appearances? I'm not really back, just dropping in for an occasional visit to assure that some of my interests are protected. :)

KI

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Jul 02, 2003 6:09 pm

Ow! My eyes! I think I'm blinded for life!

http://knight-foundation.com/

I definitely wouldn't want to be confused with THAT site!
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Jul 02, 2003 6:09 pm

Ow! My eyes! I think I'm blinded for life!

http://knight-foundation.com/

I definitely wouldn't want to be confused with THAT site!
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Wed Jul 02, 2003 6:11 pm

Yes, thank goodness that is not us. We would be http://www.krfoundation.com

We already have problems with that other one, as it is.

But thank you for the sarcasm anyway, Mike.

KI

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Wed Jul 02, 2003 6:28 pm

what the hell is that site all about!! My god! lol

K.I.T.T

autralianknight
Volunteer

Post by autralianknight » Wed Jul 02, 2003 8:21 pm

ok i know this has come up alot, but if u are to make your own
kr site how do u do it with out copying pics from every one else??
unless u have a capture card on your computer and your vcr hooked up to it. any suggestions??

I myself have various imiages of kitt and if id like to use them if i put them up on a site, only thing is i have forgotten where they came from
so would it be worth putting a little note for people to let me know if its there pic?? and if so Id put either a link to there site or a credit with their name etc..

aussieknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by aussieknight » Wed Jul 02, 2003 8:48 pm

That's a valid question. Where do we, who live nowhere near KITT and his replicas, get pictures and then post them without violating somebody's copyright? They have to come from somewhere. Is it OK to use them if you reference their original source?