Hot Wheels (Mattel) to release KITT in 2011!!!!

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KITTfan
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Hot Wheels (Mattel) to release KITT in 2011!!!!

Post by KITTfan » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:29 am

That's bad news indeed :( I think the Aoshima KITT plastic modelkit with the scanner eletronics is the best ever produced KITT model, only thing you have to have the skills to build it and these modelkits seems to be quite rare.

It looks like modelcar hobby, especially in 1/18 scale is in trouble, models don't sell anymore as they used to when ERTL KITT was released back in 2004 and model manufacturing costs have been raised, labour, raw materials, etc.
I myself haven't bought 18th scale model since 2009, have changed to 1/43 scale because they're cheaper and take less space, also lots more cars get to be modeled in 1/43.

I don't know if these reasons apply with cheap toycars like the Hotwheels KITT would have been. I hope they will reconsider and release KITT after all at some point.

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:37 pm

Code: Select all

That's bad news indeed :( I think the Aoshima KITT plastic modelkit with the scanner eletronics is the best ever produced KITT model, only thing you have to have the skills to build it and these modelkits seems to be quite rare.
The Aoshima KITT indeed was one of the best modelkits ever...but even here we have some Probs lik ethe black backwindow or the messed up PMD Seats...but at least that was a good example what you can do with good quality to a good price...even the Scanner was awsome for KITT and KARR

Code: Select all

It looks like modelcar hobby, especially in 1/18 scale is in trouble, models don't sell anymore as they used to when ERTL KITT was released back in 2004 and model manufacturing costs have been raised, labour, raw materials, etc.
I myself haven't bought 18th scale model since 2009, have changed to 1/43 scale because they're cheaper and take less space, also lots more cars get to be modeled in 1/43.
It is in trouble because people made it the way it is my friend. Think about it, we Fans are able to buy cars. We would save money when ever would be produced a very good accurate KITT car in 1:18 bjt there is not. The Quality of the most 1:18 models sucks but the Price for example is very danm high. The costs have not been raised, the problem is they are lookin forward to make fast money with low material. Check the 1:18 KITT how he loses quality during the years. I love the Firt productionline, with the yellow Foglamps. Then the white lamps version with the Dots came up, overpaintet Foglights and at least the cheap glued in version arrives but all models where avalible to the same price. They spend in the production arround 20 Bugs on it and you pay only the high price because the name "Knight Rider" has to be payed...and that is what cost Hot Wheels in the end all the problems....you have to pay license for GM and for Universal....lot of money and no chance to finish up...well like I say then they should not make us fans crazy about it and say what up to us..... The best KR Stuff on the market is made in China....
There's nothing worse than a smart-ass automobile

blackthorntk
Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by blackthorntk » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:05 am

Every time i I go to kmart wallmart or toys R us and what not they always tell me they get them boxes but someone that works in the store bought them all its fricken ridiculous that they allow that manz because it don't give us a chance and all theses guys do is horde it for few years then sell on ebay.

TurboBoostMan
Operative

Post by TurboBoostMan » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:09 pm

after months and months of looking, I finally got my BTTF model tonight :) has KITT been put back on the list???
"One Man Can Make A Difference" - Wilton Knight

blackthorntk
Operative

Post by blackthorntk » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:58 am

yes
Last edited by Matthew on Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Posts containing a single word can be considered spam. Please elaborate in the future to ensure such posts aren't removed. Thanks.

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:48 am

TurboBoostMan wrote:after months and months of looking, I finally got my BTTF model tonight :) has KITT been put back on the list???
Got mine today, here's few pics:
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
I really hope they release KITT too so I could display official Knight 2000 with this BTTF DeLorean ;)

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:22 pm

KITTfan wrote:
TurboBoostMan wrote:after months and months of looking, I finally got my BTTF model tonight :) has KITT been put back on the list???
I really hope they release KITT too so I could display official Knight 2000 with this BTTF DeLorean ;)
Hey. KITTfan

You should try and get this Shelby 1:64 model too. It’s the same GT500KR Shelby used in the 2008 Knight Rider series - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13236

Phil
On Facebook & MySpace :-)

"One man can make a difference. Like Orville Redenbacher"

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:16 pm

PBH wrote:
KITTfan wrote:
Hey. KITTfan

You should try and get this Shelby 1:64 model too. It’s the same GT500KR Shelby used in the 2008 Knight Rider series - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13236

That '08 GT500KR looks very fine model for the scale with separate lamps, opening parts etc. but me being more of KR TOS guy I think I settle for the Hotwheels GT500 and buy the Hotwheels '82 KITT if it becomes available.
In other modelcars my main scale is nowdays 1/43 and main theme ordinary streetcars.
I'm quite tempted to buy the Mattel Hotwheels Ferrari 458 Italia in 18th scale, very beautiful car and decent model of it :)

knightfever
Operative

Post by knightfever » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:04 am

I believe that Hotwheels changed the lineup. The original list had KITT as the 39th new model to be released for the 2011 New Models line, however earlier in this thread someone posted a link to the official list, and number 39 is now the A-Team van. I am afraid that the only way to have a Hot Wheels scale Knight 2000 is to get the Charra Wheels version from Japan.

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit

Post by krrdr2010 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:50 pm

I hope Hot Wheels(Mattel) will release KITT in 2012(KR 30th B-day). In fact, just like they have done with the Batmobile, I hope they do a whole series of KR Vehicles. I know Hot Wheels has put the A-Team Van in place of KITT (#39). WHEN IS IT COMING? I've been searching everywhere for it. :good: :good:

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:51 am

Car 39 hasn't been produced yet, so it's still uncertain as to what it will be.
Phil

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:59 am

I got that BTTF DeLorean tooo!!!!! I was jumping up and down when I saw it...I also got the gold one and black one they made...Yey!!!!!!!!

And I soooooo want them to consider your idea krrdr2010 and do them all for the anniversary!!! *crosses fingers in prayer*
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:25 pm

And here's Hot Wheels #39 A-Team Van that replaced KITT. You should start seeing it on U.S. store shelves starting in September 2011.

http://www.hotwheelscollectors.com/Libr ... C&sid=3302" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by PBH on Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Phil

Dave Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Dave Knight » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:48 am

I got the Delorean too, man that A Team van looks SICK so want it so bad!
Michael: "You know, your as much fun as a divorce, which is not a bad idea!"
KITT: "I want custody of ME!"

Knight Rider: The Pilot

Nicholas Knight
Operative

Post by Nicholas Knight » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:55 pm

The closest thing I got to a "Hot Wheels" K2000 is a 1984 black Firebird by the "Johnny Lightning" brand, but it still looks sweet!!!Image
Knight Tech Inc. -- Where everyone makes a difference.

TurboBoostMan
Operative

Post by TurboBoostMan » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:57 pm

Nicholas Knight wrote:The closest thing I got to a "Hot Wheels" K2000 is a 1984 black Firebird by the "Johnny Lightning" brand, but it still looks sweet!!!Image
I have 2 of those and I'm thinking of making one look like KITT :)

TurboBoostMan
Operative

Post by TurboBoostMan » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:24 pm

has KITT been put back on the list?

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit

Post by krrdr2010 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:14 pm

KITT is not coming in 2011. However, According to HotWheelsElite.com, As Part of their Cult Classics Collection, They will doing KITT in 2012. I just checked that out, and wanted Everybody to know. :good: :good: :good:

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:18 pm

krrdr2010 wrote:KITT is not coming in 2011. However, According to HotWheelsElite.com, As Part of their Cult Classics Collection, They will doing KITT in 2012. I just checked that out, and wanted Everybody to know. :good: :good: :good:
I just checked http://www.hotwheels-elite.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and found nothing on KITT. All I see is the A-Team van and both Ecto-1's in the Cult Classics section. Do you have the direct link?
Phil

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:10 am

PBH wrote:And here's Hot Wheels #39 A-Team Van that replaced KITT. You should start seeing it on U.S. store shelves starting in September 2011.

http://www.hotwheelscollectors.com/Libr ... C&sid=3302" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A-Team van seems to be available in all three major scales, 1/64, 1/43 and 1/18. Wouldn't it be great if KITT model gets the same treatment some day :) As ERTL stopped making 18th scale diecast modelcars, perhaps Mattel Hotwheels could remake KITT (and dare I hope even KARR) more accurately?
:kittside:

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:22 am

Found this information from scale143.com, according to this my wish in the above post comes true, among others, KITT is coming in 1/43 and 1/18 from Mattel Hotwheels :) Can anyone verify this? Any info about the release dates?
Here's the link:
http://www.scale143.com/viewtopic.php?p=89531#p89531" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

corlando52
FLAG Recruit

Post by corlando52 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:05 am

I found this, too. Unfortunately, no real information has be posted. If they are, indeed, going to do an "Elite" version, I'd love to see it not only more accurate, but with a light up dash, and they should definitely fix that horrible scanner and make it more accurate. Heck, if Aoshima can do it...
I also prefer the Season 1/2 nose, but don't know if they would change that. Finally, while I'm dreaming, how about a couple of KITT phrases with a flashing voice box. These aren't really hard requests, but I don't know if HotWheels cares enough to implement any of these.

Chris

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:23 am

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BBTS saying this time next year?!

http://www.hotwheels-elite.com/model-ca ... ousand.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

...but it looks legit.
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

HotRod1
Stranger

Post by HotRod1 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:58 pm

Hi I am BRAND NEW to looking at the HW stuff. I saw this thread from a Google search and was hoping you could help. I'm really only interested in getting the "movie" or "tv" cars. Like BTTF, A-Team, Kitt, etc. Can someone tell me if it is still possible to find BTTF and A-Team in the stores? Or am I out of luck? I always seem to find out about this stuff too late. Would really like to find BTTF the most. It looks from other posts that KITT will be next year.

Knight452
Operative

Post by Knight452 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:20 pm

I'll believe it when i see images.
Show's Over...Go Home!