KITT Replica or real deal?

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Skillz
Stranger
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

KITT Replica or real deal?

Post by Skillz » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:45 am

Someone joined our local car enthusiasts message board posting these images claiming to be a real Knight Rider (KITT) stun vehicle, however it's a Fiero and as far as I know all KITTs are Pontiac Firebirds, right?

Here are some pictures they posted:

Also the anti-spam confirmation code BS here on these forums suck, it took me about 15 tries to get it right. I had to wait like 15 minutes before I could try again. Not only is it not effective to stop bots (since bots can by pass that easily) but it's annoying for potential users. Just a FYI. If this is Phpbb 3, then I'd suggest looking into reCaptcha. It comes with the latest version of Phpbb3 integrated, all you have to do is create a free account on the recaptcha web site.

Skav
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: KITT Replica or real deal?

Post by Skav » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:49 am

Yes, KITT was a TA and not one of those. That car was not used in the series.

And may I say that is one ugly looking thing!
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:19 am

Can I please be the first to pull the lever for the car crusher?Assuming of coarse there's a line behind me of people that want to crush it over and over and over again a few dozen times..I wonder if this is how people think of the 1982 trrans am through the eyes of someone who never saw knight rider.

DLAspider
Rookie

Post by DLAspider » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:15 pm

Yeah, that's a Pontiac Fiero, not a bad looking car in red or maybe silver, but made up like KITT it's just horrible. Also it's also normally pretty cramped for space and low (your a** is just inches from the road) but this looks like I could not even squeeze into it plus very distracting with all the toys (looks like an old-style gaming joystick sitting there).

AZKNIGHT
Recruit

Post by AZKNIGHT » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:10 pm

There were never any Fieros used in the filming of Knight Rider, so tell him nice try, but he's full of bs.
Long live Knight Rider! Check out my conversion in progress at [url]http://www.azknightindustries.com[/url].

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:51 pm

So, to sum up, it's neither a KITT replica or the real deal. :good:

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

focus709
Rookie

Post by focus709 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:45 pm

And that quite possibly is the worst scanner I have ever seen!!

Mike
"A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree." Spike Milligan 1918-2002

Nicholas Knight
Operative

Post by Nicholas Knight » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:02 pm

Maybe the SMALLEST Knight Inspired Vehicle. I like the insides, although not any good mods on the outside.......besides the protruding scanner.....ugh...A better nose would've made me smile.....a lil.....
Knight Tech Inc. -- Where everyone makes a difference.

Milo
Recruit

Post by Milo » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:27 am

I dont mind that actually, maybe could have used a better scanner but as a knight inspired car thats not bad...

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:40 am

I actually own a Fiero GT and I have to say, that one looks ridiculous. The Fiero really is a fantastic car with an interesting history. They started out as commuter cars to begin with which weren't really very exciting, but they were still very innovative for their time and eventually became more of a true sports car when the GT models were released.

Looks like the guys that built that "KITT" might have just found a cheap base Fiero and did that to it for fun, but really in the US you could just as easily find a cheap Trans AM, so if you're going to make something into a KITT, you might as well do it right.

Here's a few photos of mine so you can see what a stock Fiero GT looks like.........except the right hand drive of course ;)

I don't know how that guy could possibly try to pass that off as a stunt car even! If you saw Hasselhoff jump into that and take off I think people would notice it's not KITT!

@ DLAspider

People have actually commented on how comfortable and roomy the Fiero is thanks to it's mid-engine design, there's plenty of room to stretch out. And the luggage space is very ample too, especially for a sports car, of course it's never going to be as practical as a regular sedan.
K.I.T.T: "Dog go away"

DLAspider
Rookie

Post by DLAspider » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:48 pm

James_kr:
Yes, my brother has a fiero, they are more roomy than you'd think especially with the compact dash, but I have long legs and I can't imagine losing the little leg room that I can have in a Fiero by doing a KITT conversion.

BTW I sent my brother the link to this thread, he said the Fiero KITT was horrible and that he was even offended by it..

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:30 pm

That Fiero "KITT" looks like it has lost a lot of space with that dash. I know that's the case with most Trans Am conversions too, but it's a different design which suits it. That one just looks awkward to drive and the steering wheel sticks out way too far.

I'm not surprised, that "KITT" really makes the Fiero look bad.

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:33 pm

AZKNIGHT wrote:There were never any Fieros used in the filming of Knight Rider, so tell him nice try, but he's full of bs.
Does this one count ;)

StevenMillar
Volunteer

Post by StevenMillar » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:24 pm

My two cents......Not everyone has the time and money to get a trans am and convert it but may still be as big a fan and put their time into what they do have, maybe in the U.S. this should not be an excuse as its possible to pick one up but not so easy elsewhere.

I have, for want of a better work a "lookalike" myself so I think its nice to see others have a go at a KITT inspired car with what they have, moving onto this particular car though I have to say I dont like it, I DO like the dash and wheel I think they look good but the rest lets it down, maybe tan seats, proper wheels, decent scanner and blacked out lights I think it would look better.

For a non-trans am I think it would look ok or at least a big better if it had the things mentioned above but you cant blame a guy for making a more than average effort just beacause its not the real deal.

Its certainly not a stunt car though, even I know that ha!