A different Knight Rider GPS?

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

NJLion82
Stranger
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: A different Knight Rider GPS?

Post by NJLion82 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:06 pm

taoworm2323,
My GPS is exaclty like the one described in the ebay auction that you linked. There is a 2GB card in the unit that has maps on it. The File Manager function allows access to the storage card, which in turn shows a MIOMAP folder. The checkbox next to the folder is unchecked, so I'm guessing that the maps have not been loaded. Should I check the box and try to load these maps ? I'm unsure...I never received a CD with tuturial or an owner's manual. Any thoughts?

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:55 pm

We are allready having a conversation about this right now: viewtopic.php?f=1044&t=15148" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I would get your money back while you still can. IF you still can.
Your GPS is about as Knight Rider as a tomtom sadly.
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

E-Superstore
Stranger

Post by E-Superstore » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:56 am

I also purchased a Navman Knight Rider GPS from yuming_1688 on ebay. I believe Hannah is her name. I had problems with mine too. I notified her of the problems and she sent me the Mio Software & Documentation DVD. At first I was unable to get it to find the satellites, now it's working just fine, EXCEPT for just about anything regarding the Knight Rider program. When I first start it up it will say "Good Morning Michael, where would you like to go today?" or "Michael, I am really looking forward to this", nothing else. It appears as though the programming was interupted before it was completely uploaded. Upon startup it will open the Main Menu and if I click on the Navigation icon it opens the Navigation page then I can click on the MioMap icon and it loads the maps. This GPS portion works GREAT. It is very impressive. BUT, that's about it. I cannot get any response from any of the other icons. One is Intersection, another is Additional Maps, the other 6 icons are not labeled. I would guess favorites, Poi's or city center. There are other sellers on ebay still offering the GPS's. I like this GPS. I'll dig a little deeper and try to find out as much as I can about this piece of equipment. I'll keep in touch.

E-Superstore
Stranger

Post by E-Superstore » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:15 am

In response to those questions about the Navman Knight Rider GPS. Speaking just for me. My Speed camera does work, at least it is displayed and can be checked and unchecked as well as, everything related to the GPS. EXCEPT for a few minor glitches, I mapped out a trip to an address in Baton Rouge, La. and it worked just fine. I was amazed at the 3d animated buildings downtown B.R., especially the Capitol Building. The 3D animated buildings in New Orleans are just unbelieveable. I'm hoping that these minor problems can be worked out. I'm going to keep mine, fixed or not. I deal with almost all of the major brands and I like this. I'll be back.

allan101
Stranger

Post by allan101 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:30 am

Hi guys,
This is Stephen, I have a Nokia 3200 with that battery in it so how do i get it changed to a new one? And where to get a new battery for my nokia 3200.
R4Games

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:33 am

allan101 wrote:Hi guys,
This is Stephen, I have a Nokia 3200 with that battery in it so how do i get it changed to a new one? And where to get a new battery for my nokia 3200.
Wow!! :roll: :lol: :roll:
I can't even begin to count the many ways that this post is off topic AND makes NO sense. Nokia dude? Really?
We are talking about a GPS not a crappy cell phone.

SpringheelMac
Stranger

Post by SpringheelMac » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:35 am

Hey everybody... I've got the map problem I'm sure everyone had. Hopefully you guys here overcame Mio's BS and somebody on here received the map upgrade? I've had my Knight Rider GPS for at least 6 months and the maps are really out of date and I can't seem to find the updates anywhere. To make matters worse, it looks like Mio has just decided to drop it and not make it available anymore. Could someone please send me a copy, or suggest a site where it could be downloaded? I'm really frustrated and would be willing to buy a copy off of somebody. Sorry if this is off topic...

Superjoker
Stranger

Post by Superjoker » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:08 am

hey everybody...Can anyone help me out.

Does Anyone Have a Carbon Copy of all the original files thats on the KR gps that they can send me ...please ...my computer erased everything on my gps i cant even restore it cause there's nothing on it ...So please is there anyone can help me out.

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:04 pm

Superjoker wrote:hey everybody...Can anyone help me out.

Does Anyone Have a Carbon Copy of all the original files that's on the KR gps that they can send me ...please ...my computer erased everything on my gps i cant even restore it cause there's nothing on it ...So please is there anyone can help me out.
Every GPS has a unique ID for the hardware.
My GPS mods and Mios updates depend on the unique ID.
This is to prevent carbon coping of the files from one GPS to another.
The 'navman' branded KR ones made overseas are illegal clones. They feature just some of the software bundled with others from tomtom to others.
If your GPS is completely blank no cpy of another s KR GPS will work because it will not match you hardware ID.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. :|

Superjoker
Stranger

Post by Superjoker » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:29 am

thats cool ....So my gps is now trash pretty much...dang.

klavius
Stranger

Post by klavius » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:45 pm

Hi

Where can I get you mod?

I've been looking the whole forum but no link is available.

May I ask you to please share your mod with me ?

taoworm2323 wrote:
Superjoker wrote:hey everybody...Can anyone help me out.

Does Anyone Have a Carbon Copy of all the original files that's on the KR gps that they can send me ...please ...my computer erased everything on my gps i cant even restore it cause there's nothing on it ...So please is there anyone can help me out.
Every GPS has a unique ID for the hardware.
My GPS mods and Mios updates depend on the unique ID.
This is to prevent carbon coping of the files from one GPS to another.
The 'navman' branded KR ones made overseas are illegal clones. They feature just some of the software bundled with others from tomtom to others.
If your GPS is completely blank no cpy of another s KR GPS will work because it will not match you hardware ID.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. :|

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:48 pm

The link was never made public.
It was only sent through PM.
I am going to be posting V4.0 again with the updated maps.
Mio is going bankrupt and could care less about my mods to make there horrible software work better.
Plus Mio is in so much sh*t over the whole KR legal thing that Navtones took there rights to do KR away.
I will post a link in this thread when I upload it online.

Legal disclaimer: By downloading my software mods, you understand the risk that your GPS will work better, sound better and seem more enjoyable. You have been warned.

klavius
Stranger

Post by klavius » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:13 am

Thank you, I really appretiate it.

I have not seen your mod personally, but for what I've read in this forum, it sure y great. You've made a wonderfull job. Congratulations.

I'll be wating for your upload :)

taoworm2323 wrote:The link was never made public.
It was only sent through PM.
I am going to be posting V4.0 again with the updated maps.
Mio is going bankrupt and could care less about my mods to make there horrible software work better.
Plus Mio is in so much sh*t over the whole KR legal thing that Navtones took there rights to do KR away.
I will post a link in this thread when I upload it online.

Legal disclaimer: By downloading my software mods, you understand the risk that your GPS will work better, sound better and seem more enjoyable. You have been warned.

platformshag
Recruit

Post by platformshag » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:44 am

Hey taoworm,

I wish I had found your forum BEFORE I bought the Mio KR GPS. They should really just have a big sticker on the box when you buy it that says "Don't Update from Mio!" because now I have lost the KITT voice entirely. What's the point of having the Knight Rider GPS without William Daniels!?

I haven't even been able to enjoy it in my car yet as the first thing I did out of the box was install the MioMore software and hook up the USB. It told me there was an update available and I said ok. POOF, there goes KITT.

Also, I upgraded the MioMove software as suggested by the Mio FAQ, and that just erased my backups, so now I have no original restore point!

Is there any way to restore it, or re-install the KITT voice?

Thanks,
PShag.

platformshag
Recruit

Post by platformshag » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:47 am

Further to my above message, I wanted to add that I have found the KITT_USA folder in my Program Files/MioMore Desktop folder and run the KITT_USA settings to restore MOST of what I lost. The greeting is there and all the names are there, but I still can't find the KITT voice data for GPS voice guidance. I can select from Tom or Stephanie, but not KITT. If anyone has the files for this, I would be very grateful.

Thanks.

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:03 am

platformshag wrote:Further to my above message, I wanted to add that I have found the KITT_USA folder in my Program Files/MioMore Desktop folder and run the KITT_USA settings to restore MOST of what I lost. The greeting is there and all the names are there, but I still can't find the KITT voice data for GPS voice guidance. I can select from Tom or Stephanie, but not KITT. If anyone has the files for this, I would be very grateful.

Thanks.

I can send KITTs voice folder for you.
I will PM you a different addy to get you that file in a couple of days.
Then download my V4.0 mods.
That will:
Successfully update your maps to 2009 on your KR GPS
Update more accurate animations and HD sound effects from the show.
Update speed warning signs graphics
This is the stable version which means you will have to delete some maps to get it all to fit. (MIOs fault) I tried to make the process as simple as possible to get working on others GPS and still get everything to work. The readme file will explain everything.

Ievenadmireyourtie
Stranger

Post by Ievenadmireyourtie » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:56 am

Hi,
I downloaded your GPS upgrade almost a year ago and I love it. It still had all your saved current locations :)
I was wondering if you could send me an updated mod as well. Other people that I know that own the KR gps are jealous of my mods (your mods) I would be greatful if you could help me out. Very talented.

TheQuestion
Volunteer

Post by TheQuestion » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:48 am

taoworm2323 wrote:
platformshag wrote:Further to my above message, I wanted to add that I have found the KITT_USA folder in my Program Files/MioMore Desktop folder and run the KITT_USA settings to restore MOST of what I lost. The greeting is there and all the names are there, but I still can't find the KITT voice data for GPS voice guidance. I can select from Tom or Stephanie, but not KITT. If anyone has the files for this, I would be very grateful.

Thanks.

That will:
This is the stable version which means you will have to delete some maps to get it all to fit. (MIOs fault) I tried to make the process as simple as possible to get working on others GPS and still get everything to work. The readme file will explain everything.

I am interested in this as well.
my unit needs an upgrade.

Tabs3121
Stranger

Post by Tabs3121 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:52 am

I'm interested also but not in the updated maps just the updated kitt. Can I just get the updated kitt file with lights and sounds and updated voice?

neosg1
Stranger

Post by neosg1 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:43 pm

Good Evening,

I have fell for the same sad thing it appears many others have and updated my MIO unit with the factory update and it has wiped my KITT voice from the unit. Could you please let me know how I can get these voice files installed back on my GPS. Thanks in advance.

Neo

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:43 am

Use your MioMoore CD to reinstall your KITT voices Neo.

Maniac_au
Stranger

Post by Maniac_au » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:05 am

Hi, All
Just found your site, and really like what you're doing with your kr gps units.
Taoworm2323 watched your video on youtube & was really impressed.
Bummer, it is only available with us/can maps.
The Navman ebay units might be that same hardware official (mio/navman) units but unlocked.
As Mitac bought out Navman I believe.
Newer Navman units as far as I believe are based on Mitac hardware.
As the car chargers are all branded Mitac

ariel36
Stranger

Post by ariel36 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:16 am

taoworm2323 wrote:

Thanks.

That will:
I recently bought a Navman Knight Rider - but I got one that works fine right from the start(and, it came already updated to the 2009 maps). It still works fine (although W. Daniels didn't record my specific name - bummer). I backed up the files as you suggested to my computer, but I would love to know where the KITT voice folder is and see your latest modification file. Thanks so much!

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:46 pm

My Mod won't work with a Navman KR GPS.
The whole file tree is different.
You don't how much your actually missing unless you have a Mio KR GPS.
I would sell your Navman. (If you can)

highlander
Stranger

Post by highlander » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:35 am

Hi everyone. I'm new here. I hope you can help me with a knight rider gps problem. I just received mine today and it came from the us.It has us and canadian maps on it. Well it did,. What happened was when i installed the disk and hooked up the gps let it do it's thing . Then when it was fully charged and finished the install i turned it on and it started up and i got kitts voice then a screen with warning need product key? I know everything worked fine before i hooked it up to the computer. But i didn't do a backup and recovery when i started this install. So i'm a little annoyed at what's happened and can't figure out what to do., Any help would be fantastic.I don't know how to find the product key. There's nothing written on the dvd or on any paper work.