Rampage Jackson to make Knight Rider more ghetto

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

kitt34
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Rampage Jackson to make Knight Rider more ghetto

Post by kitt34 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:02 pm

http://www.musicrooms.net/showbiz/12248 ... ition.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

boy they have gone too far.

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: Rampage Jackson to make Knight Rider more ghetto

Post by krrdr2010 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:37 pm

BAD IDEA!!! This is the WORST Idea I've heard in a Long Time!!!!

kitt34
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt34 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:25 pm

krrdr2010 wrote:BAD IDEA!!! This is the WORST Idea I've heard in a Long Time!!!!

I Thought the entire KR revivals after the original was bad, this movie's gonna be even worse.

iKITT
Recruit

Post by iKITT » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:10 pm

Ok, if anyone lets this happen I'll take everything back I've ever said negatively towards KR08. I thought KR08 was absolutely miserable, a lame attempt but this takes the cake as being the worst idea for Knight Rider revivals ever. Seriously, just associating "ghetto" and "Knight Rider" in the same sentence is an insult. KITT never had to be "ghetto fabulous" to sell. Besides that, I thought "ghetto" meant something was stupid/it was meant as an insult. Guess they're recoining it as something else yet again. :roll: Oy.

derekw76
Recruit

Post by derekw76 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:17 am

I watch UFC from time to time, and I have seen the A team movie.

THIS SHOULD NOT HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HE CANT BE SERIOUS!
.....And I thought I was the only Weird Knight Rider Freak!!!

kitt34
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt34 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:32 pm

iKITT wrote:Ok, if anyone lets this happen I'll take everything back I've ever said negatively towards KR08. I thought KR08 was absolutely miserable, a lame attempt but this takes the cake as being the worst idea for Knight Rider revivals ever. Seriously, just associating "ghetto" and "Knight Rider" in the same sentence is an insult. KITT never had to be "ghetto fabulous" to sell. Besides that, I thought "ghetto" meant something was stupid/it was meant as an insult. Guess they're recoining it as something else yet again. :roll: Oy.

Edward Mulhaure must be rolling in his grave to see how KR has become and now this movie's gonna be even worse.

DLAspider
Rookie

Post by DLAspider » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:58 pm

I thought it was clear he was just trying to get attention and obviously had no more intention to be KITT than to be "an extra in MASH" like he said. This is not a movie being made, this is self-promotion.

BlueAveo
Volunteer

Post by BlueAveo » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:32 pm

If this happens I will not see the movie at all. However I don't think that it will happen.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:42 am

BlueAveo wrote:If this happens I will not see the movie at all. However I don't think that it will happen.
This has nothing to do with the ongoing motion picture development with Glen whatsoever.

=VK=
:dash:

TurboBoostMan
Operative

Post by TurboBoostMan » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:04 am

if this movie is actually made, they will be doing the same thing to Knight Rider as they did to Batman. In the original Batman, everything was so fun, and corny(in a good way), and everything was so enjoyable, and suitable for all ages. In 1989 when they made the first Batman movie, they started ruining everything. As the movies went on, it got worse and worse. In the most rescent Batman movie, they made it the worst of the worst. The Joker isnt suppose to throw knives at people. He's not supposed to have long stringy dark green hair either. It's supposed to be short, curly and light green. He's supposed to throw trick confetti at people. Knight Rider started to already have the same thing done to it. With the new remake. They had a make out scene in the KARR episode. And there was too many adulish things in it. Not that I dont like adultish things, i'm only 14 and us teenagers are like that. But, Knight Rider is just not the place for this kind of stuff. Knight Rider was as good as it was in the original. It was fun and exciting, and suitable for all ages. Well, maybe not kids under maybe 10 cuz of the swear words, but the original didnt have very many swear words in it. If this guy does a ghetto KITT, i probably wont even watch the movie. It wouldnt even deserve to carry the name "Knight Rider". If the Hoff found out about this, I bet he wouldnt be too happy about it.
"One Man Can Make A Difference" - Wilton Knight

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:58 am

I think you all can rest assured that this will never happen!

In fact, I'll put my life on it!

Jackson was merely stating what he would *like* to do, he isn't saying that he has been cast and nor is he saying that the movie studios have their eye on him for a potential part.

It was a mere joke on Jackson's part.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kitt34
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt34 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:56 pm

TurboBoostMan wrote:if this movie is actually made, they will be doing the same thing to Knight Rider as they did to Batman. In the original Batman, everything was so fun, and corny(in a good way), and everything was so enjoyable, and suitable for all ages. In 1989 when they made the first Batman movie, they started ruining everything. As the movies went on, it got worse and worse. In the most rescent Batman movie, they made it the worst of the worst. The Joker isnt suppose to throw knives at people. He's not supposed to have long stringy dark green hair either. It's supposed to be short, curly and light green. He's supposed to throw trick confetti at people. Knight Rider started to already have the same thing done to it. With the new remake. They had a make out scene in the KARR episode. And there was too many adulish things in it. Not that I dont like adultish things, i'm only 14 and us teenagers are like that. But, Knight Rider is just not the place for this kind of stuff. Knight Rider was as good as it was in the original. It was fun and exciting, and suitable for all ages. Well, maybe not kids under maybe 10 cuz of the swear words, but the original didnt have very many swear words in it. If this guy does a ghetto KITT, i probably wont even watch the movie. It wouldnt even deserve to carry the name "Knight Rider". If the Hoff found out about this, I bet he wouldnt be too happy about it.

You got that right.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:51 pm

kitt34 wrote:
TurboBoostMan wrote:if this movie is actually made, they will be doing the same thing to Knight Rider as they did to Batman. In the original Batman, everything was so fun, and corny(in a good way), and everything was so enjoyable, and suitable for all ages. In 1989 when they made the first Batman movie, they started ruining everything. As the movies went on, it got worse and worse. In the most rescent Batman movie, they made it the worst of the worst. The Joker isnt suppose to throw knives at people. He's not supposed to have long stringy dark green hair either. It's supposed to be short, curly and light green. He's supposed to throw trick confetti at people. Knight Rider started to already have the same thing done to it. With the new remake. They had a make out scene in the KARR episode. And there was too many adulish things in it. Not that I dont like adultish things, i'm only 14 and us teenagers are like that. But, Knight Rider is just not the place for this kind of stuff. Knight Rider was as good as it was in the original. It was fun and exciting, and suitable for all ages. Well, maybe not kids under maybe 10 cuz of the swear words, but the original didnt have very many swear words in it. If this guy does a ghetto KITT, i probably wont even watch the movie. It wouldnt even deserve to carry the name "Knight Rider". If the Hoff found out about this, I bet he wouldnt be too happy about it.
- I highly disagree with you on this point. The Dark Knight is hands down the most successful and well written "superhero" story on screen since the original Superman I/II. Christopher Nolan brought Batman back where it needed to be and that is a darker more realistic counterpart to the comic book which in itself has evolved heavily over the decades. As for The Joker, you're kidding right? Nolan's Joker was tame compared to the modern version of The Joker in the comics today. For starters he beat Jason Todd to death with a crowbar then blew him up. He shot Batgirl and put her in a wheelchair. He's maliciously killed hundreds upon hundreds of people often for not other reason than this own amusement and in far more gory fashion. I think Heath Ledger did a fantastic job of giving us a version of the Joker where you didn't immediately hate him because what he did in his mind was right and he had a logical and questionable reason for explaining his actions. He was manipulative, charasmatic, a coward, and immensely calculative. No scene with Nolan's Joker ends the way you expect it to and that was best trick of them all - you didn't know who he was, how he got his scars, or what his true motive was even if he looked you in the eye and told you the truth - you wouldn't know whether or not to believe it.

He systematically forced Batman into a corner he had never experienced before. I think this line sums it up best, "You have absolutely nothing to threaten me with, nothing to do with all your strength."

In my opinion, Heath Ledger gave the performance of his life and we will never see it again. As a movie, The Dark Knight destroyed the box office (1 billion worldwide - production budget of 185 million) for good reason - powerful performances and rewatch value. It brought Batman out of the campy Shoemocker image to something infinately more believable with gadgets that are both unique and have a sense of real world functionality. The cinematography of both films are breathtaking using real world locals and not just the fictional Gotham City (which is pretty much Chicago)

I think when it comes to Knight Rider, it doesnt have to be as dark as The Dark Knight but it can learn from the mastery of Christopher Nolan's storytelling prowess - everything in Nolan's films is there for a reason and woven together so that by the time you reach the third act you see the big picture and it makes sense. I see a modern Knight Rider as being more like Batman Begins - who Michael Long was before he is shot in the face and revived as Michael Knight. How he has to train to be physically faster, stronger, and think quicker than the average criminal. Michael Knight has to be resourceful and skilled enough as James Bond to handle his own when KITT isn't around to bail him out of trouble. The greatest attribute that I enjoy about Knight Rider is that Michael and KITT are reluctant partners who need one another, there are things neither one can do without the other and a car is still confined to the limits of being a car just as a human can be injured or killed.

You can have a good, solid, and darker version of Knight Rider work today without the need for T&A , foul language or an astronomical and gory body count and I think The Dark Knight proved you can have dark humor without moral compromise. "Ghetto humor" to me is a dated concept and does not belong in the Knight Rider genre.

The A-Team movie had one critical flaw and that is that kids cannot relate to military based drama. While entertaining for original fans and military enthusiasts, it wasn't a story a kid could follow despite having merchandise and they destroyed the famous van early on which was the only iconic part of the movie kids would remember most.

Knight Rider has more potential.

=VK=

MJknight
Operative

Post by MJknight » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:17 pm

Victor Kros wrote:
kitt34 wrote:
- I highly disagree with you on this point. The Dark Knight is hands down the most successful and well written "superhero" story on screen since the original Superman I/II. Christopher Nolan brought Batman back where it needed to be and that is a darker more realistic counterpart to the comic book which in itself has evolved heavily over the decades. As for The Joker, you're kidding right? Nolan's Joker was tame compared to the modern version of The Joker in the comics today. For starters he beat Jason Todd to death with a crowbar then blew him up. He shot Batgirl and put her in a wheelchair. He's maliciously killed hundreds upon hundreds of people often for not other reason than this own amusement and in far more gory fashion. I think Heath Ledger did a fantastic job of giving us a version of the Joker where you didn't immediately hate him because what he did in his mind was right and he had a logical and questionable reason for explaining his actions. He was manipulative, charasmatic, a coward, and immensely calculative. No scene with Nolan's Joker ends the way you expect it to and that was best trick of them all - you didn't know who he was, how he got his scars, or what his true motive was even if he looked you in the eye and told you the truth - you wouldn't know whether or not to believe it.

He systematically forced Batman into a corner he had never experienced before. I think this line sums it up best, "You have absolutely nothing to threaten me with, nothing to do with all your strength."

In my opinion, Heath Ledger gave the performance of his life and we will never see it again. As a movie, The Dark Knight destroyed the box office (1 billion worldwide - production budget of 185 million) for good reason - powerful performances and rewatch value. It brought Batman out of the campy Shoemocker image to something infinately more believable with gadgets that are both unique and have a sense of real world functionality. The cinematography of both films are breathtaking using real world locals and not just the fictional Gotham City (which is pretty much Chicago)

I think when it comes to Knight Rider, it doesnt have to be as dark as The Dark Knight but it can learn from the mastery of Christopher Nolan's storytelling prowess - everything in Nolan's films is there for a reason and woven together so that by the time you reach the third act you see the big picture and it makes sense. I see a modern Knight Rider as being more like Batman Begins - who Michael Long was before he is shot in the face and revived as Michael Knight. How he has to train to be physically faster, stronger, and think quicker than the average criminal. Michael Knight has to be resourceful and skilled enough as James Bond to handle his own when KITT isn't around to bail him out of trouble. The greatest attribute that I enjoy about Knight Rider is that Michael and KITT are reluctant partners who need one another, there are things neither one can do without the other and a car is still confined to the limits of being a car just as a human can be injured or killed.

You can have a good, solid, and darker version of Knight Rider work today without the need for T&A , foul language or an astronomical and gory body count and I think The Dark Knight proved you can have dark humor without moral compromise. "Ghetto humor" to me is a dated concept and does not belong in the Knight Rider genre.

The A-Team movie had one critical flaw and that is that kids cannot relate to military based drama. While entertaining for original fans and military enthusiasts, it wasn't a story a kid could follow despite having merchandise and they destroyed the famous van early on which was the only iconic part of the movie kids would remember most.

Knight Rider has more potential.

=VK=
I could not have said that better even if I tried,VK. I agree especially where I highlighted in bold - as I am slowly beginning to tire of that kind of humour and the status quo of t&a and cussing for the sake of cussing.

I noticed throughout most of the Dark Knight there was little to no cussing at all - it just proves you can have a dramatic powerful movie for adults without the new for foul language.

Knight Rider can be done for a modern audience with a slightly darker take on it yet at the same retain the elements of what made it great.

And also- Rampage Jackson wanting to voice KITT? That's about as idiotic as Ben Affleck voicing KITT, which to my understanding almost happened whilst the movie project was over at the now defunct Revolution Studios.
One Man Can Make A Difference - Wilton Knight

james olden
FLAG Recruit

Post by james olden » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:51 pm

whoever said that its impossible it will happen rampage jackson would never be on knight rider. maybee for a villan thats it not even for the role for rc3 if he will be part of the movie remake.i would say they would pick snoop dogg or busta rhymes for the role or rc3 b4 they pick rampage jackson for the role of rc3. thats like glen larson choosing mr t instead of peter parros for the role of rc3 in 1985 season 4 of tos
On the Quest for filling in the gaps from right after after Scent of Roses 1986- Knight Rider 2008

Iron KITT
Rookie

Post by Iron KITT » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:01 pm

Cant even see this notion being taken seriously by the people funding the KR project, rest assured that will never happen.

I have to say VK, your comments regarding Chris Nolan's Bat films, couldnt have put it better myself!.

I totally agree with you, Im a big comic book fan and was so dissapointed with Batman Forever and Batman & Robin, I thought there would never be another Batman, the franchise stayed in the bat cave for ages waiting for the right guy to come along and that guy was Chris Nolan.

What he did with Batman was simply amazing, he took the material seriously and went back to the origins of the story and expanded from there.

The Dark Knight simply breathtaking, Heath was outstanding scene for scene, such a tragic loss.

Yeah be cool if the KR movie people take a leaf out of Nolan's bag of tricks, giving the origin story a new and fresh take, diving deeper into the man and the machine, giving the scale some scope and showing more of a dangerious world to why there is such a need for a guy like Michael Knight to exist and be a reality of. Like what Nolan did with the Batman, showing why there is a need for such a person.

With the way super hero films are now big bisness and at last getting taken serious, showing that there is a need for them, allot of this could be put into our hero and his car.
Michael Knight: "KITT is the worlds greatest automobile"

My Movie Review Blog:
Sentient Saviour's Movie Wold!. http://sentientsaviourmovies.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

james olden
FLAG Recruit

Post by james olden » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:33 pm

like i said before i agree with you all rampage cannot do the voice of kitt if he even be part of the movie be a villian thats about it he need to stick with the a team which fits him. signing jackson on for the voice of kitt would be like glen larson picking mr t instead of willian daniels for the voice of kitt from the origonal series which wouldve been terrible and the show wouldnt of lasted longer than one season.
On the Quest for filling in the gaps from right after after Scent of Roses 1986- Knight Rider 2008

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:43 pm

James,

My "friendly reminder" applies to you too. Complete and coherent sentences with punctuation and capitalisation where appropriate please. :good:

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Post by Knight2000 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:12 am

TurboBoostMan wrote:In the original Batman, everything was so fun, and corny(in a good way), and everything was so enjoyable, and suitable for all ages. In 1989 when they made the first Batman movie, they started ruining everything. As the movies went on, it got worse and worse. In the most rescent Batman movie, they made it the worst of the worst.
Completely disagree there. The 60s version of Batman was okay when I was five or six years old. But as I grew up, the more adult-orientated Burton's Batman was IMO fantastic. It was very dramatic and stylish. After Batman Returns, it deteriorated into a campiness that was ridiculous when compared to the previous shows.

Batman has always been a dark character and a dark story.
Victor Kros wrote: As for The Joker, you're kidding right? Nolan's Joker was tame compared to the modern version of The Joker in the comics today.
+1. As I stated, Batman is very dark. I think if you look at Batman and follow how it is meant to be, you'll see the 60s stuff as very camp.
Victor Kros wrote: You can have a good, solid, and darker version of Knight Rider work today without the need for T&A , foul language or an astronomical and gory body count and I think The Dark Knight proved you can have dark humor without moral compromise. "Ghetto humor" to me is a dated concept and does not belong in the Knight Rider genre.
Completely agree again. If you look at the more successful movies like Toy Story - they appeal to children and adults alike. Kids may enjoy action or comedy moments, but there needs to be something in Knight Rider that appeals to adults - more than just "eye candy". A coherent story, maybe some suspense or twist. Something which keeps the adults entertained.

As for "ghetto" talk - it just does not suit Knight Rider. It was awfully done in Transformers IMO. KITT is meant to be intelligent, sentient. I personally thought Kilmer was too "schmaltzy" for KI3T/a Mustang car. I think Will Arnold had promise.

I found the A-team movie to be pants. The general plot line seemed to be okay and the actors were pretty good for what I was expecting, but the whole thing just did not gel well. Maybe it was because it relied too heavily on set pieces and lots of explosive action?

I was watching some of Season 3 today. What stood out were the following:
* the driving montages - shots of the car driving through desert, towns, highways etc, set to contemporary music.
* the interaction between KITT and Michael. More than just "do this", "do that" etc.
* helping others. Even in Knight in Disgrace, when Michael has to capture one of the most difficult criminals to apprehend, is suspended from the Foundation and shoots Devon, he still manages to help some poor woman reunite with her daughter.

I saw barely any of this in the new series (or of what I remember) and I hope the new movie will have some of this. I always wondered what it'd be like if they reproduced just one episode of TOS in the new series. I'd imagine it'd have done better than all of the other episodes.

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:43 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIhaHuPpSGg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So much for ghetto 8) :lol:
There's nothing worse than a smart-ass automobile

james olden
FLAG Recruit

Post by james olden » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:34 pm

It would never happen i think maybe he was joking.i just cant picture kitt having a ghetto voice. And if it happens im not going to see the movie at all. lol

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Sat May 07, 2011 10:47 pm

Hehe check this out guys :mrgreen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGQTHQterFg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There's nothing worse than a smart-ass automobile

kitt34
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt34 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:49 pm

james olden wrote:It would never happen i think maybe he was joking.i just cant picture kitt having a ghetto voice. And if it happens im not going to see the movie at all. lol
Ice Cube would be great for this, plus make KITT the ultimate cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECiTtk-5eWY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;