NEW knight rider project???

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

jgcoombes
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

NEW knight rider project???

Post by jgcoombes » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:04 pm

I know it's on IMDB but.... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0384254/

Hope for another return??? 2012!

Glen Larson involved too http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0488991/

blowersho
Operative

Re: NEW knight rider project???

Post by blowersho » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:45 pm

This is not a new project but the "motion picture" we have been hearing about for years. Don't hold your breath for this one because it was first KR 2008 then 2010 now 2012, later it will be KR 2014, 2016, 2018 and so on.

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:10 pm

Yes I wouldn't hold my breath either. I'am only guessing but The Wienstiens are probably quietly waiting for their option on the movie rights to run out. Anybody knows how long that is?

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by krrdr2010 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:18 pm

If they did a Knight Rider feature film, I would like it to be the following:Michael Knight(played by David Hasselhoff,of course) teaming up with his son(like I would have loved to see in KR2008), and KITT teaming up with KI3T. Their adversary could be Garth or maybe his offspring. Now that would be cool!!

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:13 pm

krrdr2010 wrote:If they did a Knight Rider feature film, I would like it to be the following:Michael Knight(played by David Hasselhoff,of course) teaming up with his son(like I would have loved to see in KR2008), and KITT teaming up with KI3T. Their adversary could be Garth or maybe his offspring. Now that would be cool!!
in a nutshell, never gonna happen. Main reason is if you want KR to be a franchise, you need to have a lead actor who can last a decade or so, so 2 or 3 movies could be made. Hasslehoff is 57 right now, without any preproduction starting on the movie. If you take another 2 years for the movie to be made, he'd be 59-60, and then add the 10 years for more movies, so at the end, he'd be 70...do you really want someone who is old enough to be a grandfather (or great grandfather) playing Michael Knight???

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Post by MR2NR » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:58 pm

There really needs to be a weening of silly car movies that teens love from KR. The rice burners are just making car movies worse and using Gary Scott Thompson was not the direction we needed. Until we can make KR more grown up it will always struggle with the bigger audience and us fans. TOS KR was more believable than KR08. :).

K.R.A.M. Knight Reformulation Automated Machine 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo.

To the people who made the Knight Rider Festival possible especially Paul Casey. Thank You! See you all and more in 2012 :kitt2:

DLAspider
Rookie

Post by DLAspider » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:24 pm

WIBoomer1 wrote:
... at the end, he'd be 70...do you really want someone who is old enough to be a grandfather (or great grandfather) playing Michael Knight???
Maybe he could just be in the first one, taking the Devon role or something, realizing after awhile that he isn't cut out for it and reactivating KI2T and going back on the road for awhile before deciding to pass the reigns to someone else...

AusKnight2K
Operative

Post by AusKnight2K » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:53 am

MR2NR wrote:There really needs to be a weening of silly car movies that teens love from KR. The rice burners are just making car movies worse and using Gary Scott Thompson was not the direction we needed. Until we can make KR more grown up it will always struggle with the bigger audience and us fans. TOS KR was more believable than KR08. :).

Absolutely ... those damn "Farts and Curious" movies have a lot to answer for ... and those teens just keep on lapping it up :roll:

They've created a totally unnecessary increase in the number of those type of "wannabe" drivers in their "wannabe" cars ... all over the world ... sheesh :roll:

You should see some of the crap heaps they roll around in over here :shock:

Image Image

Awesome rendered image, by the way ... 8)

Knight_Rider721
Stranger

Post by Knight_Rider721 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:29 pm

I've heard about Glen Larson's Knight Rider project. I really do hope it comes to fruition. However, if I was doing the series I'd take a new direction. The KR08 series had too many flaws. How did Dr. Charles Graiman get control of the Foundation? Wasn't Michael Knight the heir to the Knight family fortune, resources, and ultimately the Foundation itself? Although Devon was the Foundation’s caretaker, I would reason that Wilton Knight would have allowed Michael to become its master upon Devon's retirement or his death.

I would do the series in 2010-2011 timeframe. Michael Knight is on the board of the Foundation but stays partially active. Michael is weary and burnt out by seeing criminals continue to operate above the law. The Foundation efforts are minimized by its growing list of enemies and the post 9-11 government. However, when RC'3 son ends up near death, Michael acts to save the young man. Altering his identity, the young man becomes the new Knight Rider. However, the actions are a ruse to destroy the Foundation from within the U.S. government. However, when the new KITT is ready to roll, Michael finds his authority undermined by members of the Foundations board and the fed's investigating the Foundation. So now its Michael's fight to save the Foundation, while the new Knight Rider fights the external fight. Both find that the Foundation is being attacked by both fronts; the actions are being taken by a gang of 3 corrupt Republican Senators. The Senators are acting to hide laundry list of crimes including illegal arms sales, murder, marital infidelity, and a ponzi scheme. This takes the new Knight Rider and Michael to Washington, DC where Michael fights off the Federal Government and attempting to finding out the moles within the Foundation.

Meanwhile, the Rider follows a lead on the assassination squad. Following a group of soldiers into a bar, he finds out they are members of the elite Army Rangers. A contact in the bar reveals that they had orders from the Pentagon. A three star general with close ties to the 3 Senators and mysterious Hedge Fund group gave them their orders. The Rider and the Foundation checkout the hedge fund and infiltrate its headquarters in a nighttime entry. We find that 4 members of the Foundation’s board, the 3 Senators, and the General are all part of this hedge fund group. The Rider fights his way out only to face the assassination squad again. This time the new KITT saves the Rider and they manage to find a disk on one of the Rangers with the illegal orders. The data from the Hedge Fund exposes the moles of the Foundation members and they’re arrested. The emergency allows Michael to assume full control of the Foundation thanks to rules and procedures set up by the late Devon Miles. Using the time to reorganize, Michael sends the Rider to Capitol Hill to shake up the 3 Senators at a Foundation sponsored event. The Rider now exposes the General and the mysterious hedge fund group. Thanks to KITT, images of the hedge fund offices being raided by the FBI in conjunction with the IRS and the U.S. Treasury department are shown at the event. The Senators panic. They attempt to use their military access to flee the country using the “official business of the Senate powers.” Stonewalled by federal and military, Michael makes an appeal to the President of the United States.

Acting under War Time regulations due to the Afghanistan and Iraq conflicts, the President authorizes the Foundation with emergency authority to intervene to stop the Senators at all costs. The president orders the military to give the Rider emergency access to the military base. Infiltrating the base, the Senators play their trump card while they attempt to flee the country. A giant truck being driven by nobody charges for the new KITT. It’s Goliath rebuilt, modified, and containing the CPU of KARR. A fierce battle between the military and KITT vs KARR/Goliath hybrid ensues. With the molecular bondage shell, state of the art weapons, and KARR’s survival at all cost programming, the fight is going badly for the military. KITT calls for help. A new assist vehicle for KITT is launched. The Knight Air Reconnaissance and Engagement drone. KARE is launched from the new F.L.A.G. mobile unit, KARE launches to the military base armed with lasers, stealth, a hyper jamming system, and chemical bombs. Using its hyper jamming, KARE disrupts KARR’s CPU long enough to land chemical bombs that destroys the molecular bondage shell of Goliath. The military’s firepower destroys the trailer but the cab detaches to retreat. KITT and the Rider stop KARR/Goliath from retreating and turbo boost into KARR/Goliath. With Goliath wrecked and KARR’S CPU destroyed, KITT and KARE go after the senators. KARE’s hyper jammers prevent the plane’s avionics from working while KITT and the Rider stop the Senators from boarding. MP’s show up to arrest the Senators until the FBI arrives.

At the end, the Foundation’s board unanimously and officially elects Michael as the new director of the Foundation. Michael reactivates the Knight Rider program. The Foundation is given special dispensation from both the President and the Congress to act as special independent investigators with greater access to classified materials. Now the Foundation can serve as a greater check and balance against those who operate above the law. With KITT repaired, the Rider charges off into the Arizona desert heading out to California to help a new client.

Now it’s a bit rough, but it’s a lot better than that weak movie. But that’s my idea.

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:42 am

Nelson B wrote:Yes I wouldn't hold my breath either. I'am only guessing but The Wienstiens are probably quietly waiting for their option on the movie rights to run out. Anybody knows how long that is?
i'm pretty sure the option most likely runs out somtime in 2010, hopefully larson brings the rights to the movie to universal studios so they get it into production quick, i think this could happen since larson is doing the battlestar gallactica movie with universal studios.
in glen larson we trust.

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:00 pm

Well if Glenn is doing a Battlestar Galactica movie with Universal Studio's. It's probably a safe bet he will sell the movie rights of knight rider to them. They have wanted them all along if memory serves me right. I can't see any other studio buying them. But I could be wrong. 8)