Still confused about the KARR episode

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Skav
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Still confused about the KARR episode

Post by Skav » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:31 am

If they took out KITT's CPU and put it into KARR, won't KARR effectively "be" KITT? Unless they took out only a part of KITT to be put into KARR? Still doesn't compute though.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Re: Still confused about the KARR episode

Post by Solid Snake » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:45 am

They took KITTS' program to "patch" KARRS' programming and make his AI more compliant with its functional body and make him a more compliant personality, but as was evident KARRS' AI was dominant and the patch did not work.
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:10 pm

Nah, in my opinion they took the CPU because they didn't have one for KARR.
The CPU, the central processing unit, is just a piece of hardware that gives KITT or KARR the processing power, the programm that KITT and KARR are, are stored on some sort of hard drive or storage device.
At least this is how modern PCs work, and KR didn't seem to make an exception.

Or if you like a figurative explanation: it's like giving KITTs wheels to KARR. KITT won't be able to drive, but the body is still intact.

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:14 pm

Who else caught on to what KITT had said around the end of the KARR episode when he mentioned that a part of him was missing?

Think back to the Halloween episode where KITT tells Mike and Sarah that by uploading all his files to the SSC, only a carbon copy of him will exist, while the KITT in existence would be truly gone. Think about it, all the memories of KITT is suppose to be merely data files once sent through. And KITT actually did this in the KARR episode. You know, that whole story line with KITT, KARR, and Pete Torres should had been a two or three part-er, because there was a lot of ground to cover that wasn't.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:04 am

Judging by the different opinions, it seems everyone else is just as confused as I am. :D
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:23 pm

Honestly, none of it made any sense. Why does KARR need a symbiotic relationship with his driver? Where would he sit? We never saw KARR's interior. Sure it LOOKED cool, but it made no sense whatsoever. We are assuming that his interior is simular to KI3T's, but look at the robot cockpit...there was all sorts of additional displays and cables, etc...that would mean that KARR's very very different than KI3T.

DLAspider
Rookie

Post by DLAspider » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:22 pm

KnightINSTINCT wrote:
that whole story line with KITT, KARR, and Pete Torres ...
Err... that would be Alex Torres...

Kal-el4
Operative

Post by Kal-el4 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:53 pm

KnightINSTINCT wrote:Who else caught on to what KITT had said around the end of the KARR episode when he mentioned that a part of him was missing?

Think back to the Halloween episode where KITT tells Mike and Sarah that by uploading all his files to the SSC, only a carbon copy of him will exist, while the KITT in existence would be truly gone. Think about it, all the memories of KITT is suppose to be merely data files once sent through. And KITT actually did this in the KARR episode. You know, that whole story line with KITT, KARR, and Pete Torres should had been a two or three part-er, because there was a lot of ground to cover that wasn't.
I did, but I didn't fully catch on in the sense of linking Knight Of The Living Dead and Knight To King's Pawn together; but you're right. I feel the same way about linking the pilot with Knight In Shining Armor.

2K&3KKITT
Operative

Post by 2K&3KKITT » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:22 pm

Yeah, they should have broken the Karr episode into two or three different episode. A lot of it didn't make sense at all. The only part that I truly loved about those episodes was that Mike (and Billy and Zoe and Sarah but mostly Mike) loved Kitt so much and tried everything he could to help him. And Kitt was his own person in those episodes, he felt emotion (even though they didn't show it). They should have explained A LOT more in those. Especially about what was up with Karr's cpu and why they had to use Kitt's. It would have made more sense if they took their time. Plus, we would have gotten more episodes to watch! :D But, when they make another season, hopefully they'll explain some stuff. Maybe we could write to whoever is producing the show (hopefully not GST) and ask them if they could explain.
SAVE KNIGHT RIDER! Sign this petition! I was #205! One of the first!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:kittspin:
Read my Stories!
http://kileandkasey.webs.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:34 pm

I'll throw in my 2 cents. They took out KITT's CPU to replace KARR's in an attempt to 'fix' his 'personality flaws'. Possibly because KITT's got a bunch of safety protocols in his CPU and such, I won't get into that. My take on the reason it didn't work is because KITT uploaded himself to the 'net seconds before they took out his CPU. So they were just implanting a regular CPU in KARR that didn't have anything transfer from KITT. Thoughts??
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:01 am

KITT was still speaking as he was pulled, he uploaded a copy of himself on the web, the AI chip however was used to make KARR a more compliant personality, like a patch... I believe Charles even says something to the same extent, just not mentioning it as a "patch".

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:35 am

I think when kitt was saying that memory bank files are missing,I think he meant he felt that his father passed away and that was a very big part of him missing.I may be alone in that.

DLAspider
Rookie

Post by DLAspider » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:39 am

Knight Racer wrote:I think he meant he felt that his father passed away and that was a very big part of him missing.I may be alone in that.
No, I think you're exactly right, and I thought it was clear in the episode as Mike told KITT that nothing was missing (or something to that effect). If it meant he was missing memory files, they would have written the scene much differently.

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:18 am

I agree with that, I do think it was Charles he was referring to.

FLAGCEO
Operative

Post by FLAGCEO » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:47 pm

If you recall Billy telling Mike from that pay phone, he said that they took KITT's AI Unit, not his CPU. When they listened to Dr. Graiman's hologram, it mentioned that the plan was to perfect KITT's AI unit and then install it in KARR to overcome the instability of its programming. There are a lot of flaws in the story, but the thing they lifted from behind KITT's orb was the AI Unit.

I think KITT's CPU was part of that CGI sequence from Knight of the Hunter when KITT was disabled by a landmine while transforming, and then had to install a replacement chip (remember the red card being pulled out and being replaced by a blue one?). It took KITT a lot longer in that episode to get to a functional level than it did in Knight to King's Pawn.

Anyway... I miss this show. I guess I'll just have to break down and buy the DVD.
Bring Knight Rider back for Season 2!!

B.R.O
Recruit

Post by B.R.O » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:06 pm

The way I understood it was that they took the AI unit with the CPU and all data (AI, memories and everyting) out of KI3T whereafter they added it to KARR to make him more easy to handle and not go rogue like he did before MK got his memories erased (which failed miserably).

The way they then got KI3T re-activated was to take the data backup KI3T himself made before they took the AI unit out and then upload it to an improvised replacement AI unit Billy soldered together.

FLAGCEO
Operative

Post by FLAGCEO » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:52 am

I wonder whether the KITT AI didn't tame KARR was because KITT may have deleted the files after he uploaded them to michaelknight.com - i.e., all of those files that gave KITT his stability and personality were not on the AI unit they put into KARR.

Hmm...
Bring Knight Rider back for Season 2!!

cstingray
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by cstingray » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:10 pm

This is what i walked away from the episode with:

When KARR failed, they took his AI chip out, and scrapped the program, so there's a flaw in that notion?
HYPHOTESIS: Karr's Ai stored itself somewhere in its neural network but coulldnt function as it was missing the AI chip.

When they re installed the Ai unit from KITT into karr perhaps karr's ai attacked the resident AI (kitt) and overwrote him for the most part.

Why does KARR fear that KITT Will shut him down? that made no sense at all, if anything it should be afraid of Michael's ability to remove the chip

I get that the 2 Ais arent' plug and play, but did anyone noitce a little easter egg in the clean room

If you look at the clean room when KARR converts and exits the curtain, theres a display to the far left with KARR's "PONTIAC FIREBIRD" scanner going on in the screen.

Whats with all the needles and helmet KARR stuck to torres, i really didnt get that little bit there.

When KITT uploaded itself onto MICHAELKNIGHT.ORG perhaps some files didnt make it, hence the gaps in kitts memory.

They should have shown KARR receiving the AI chip, i would have loved to see that evil mustang waking up from de activation.

Lastly.

In KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD.... why is it that sarah doesnt know jack about KARR even though she knew of KITT?
:kitt:

thetruckdriver
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by thetruckdriver » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:48 pm

that last point is very good! I'm a bit fed p that maybe i've just seen the last ever KR episode. I'm 34 and loved it when i was 10, and still do now. Sorry to go on, but not many other people give a *?$# about KR!!!