the original KIFT

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

the original KIFT

Post by neps » Sun May 25, 2003 10:12 pm

if one would say that KITT is alive, and dismantling him would in essence kill him... what do you think happened to the original KIFT, (the personality in control of the vehicle before KITT was put in). Did KIFT have the possibility of becoming Knight Rider 2000's KARR if the movie became a series? "You stole my body!" It would be just like the Foundation to carelessly toss a mistake aside.

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Sun May 25, 2003 10:36 pm

Well, if you see a blue chevy driving itself around... :wink:

Darknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Darknight » Sun May 25, 2003 11:17 pm

Oh my, I can see it now. KARR's CPU holds Michael's '57 hostage.

DK

Tony
Rookie

Post by Tony » Mon May 26, 2003 6:06 am

The KIFT body is now used in another TV show
But it is painted black and it's a cop car...
I forgot what the TV show is called but I just seen
a preview of it.. And it is KIFT well the Knight 4000
body.. I seen the preveiw twice now and I still keep
forgeting what the show is called..
When I see it again I will sure write the name down..
I have been wanting to tell this board the preview I saw.
But I have forgot the name of the show..

Oh and it looks like an LAPD cop car.. Well the way
it's painted.. and with the lights on the top of it..

Trekie386
Operative

Re: the original KIFT

Post by Trekie386 » Mon May 26, 2003 8:06 am

neps wrote:if one would say that KITT is alive, and dismantling him would in essence kill him... what do you think happened to the original KIFT, (the personality in control of the vehicle before KITT was put in). Did KIFT have the possibility of becoming Knight Rider 2000's KARR if the movie became a series? "You stole my body!" It would be just like the Foundation to carelessly toss a mistake aside.
Personally I don't think KIFT was all that bright to begin with. He certainly sounded like KARR in many respects. "We would have sustained no damage whatsoever from striking that animal." He told Devon and Maddock on the test run.

KIFT didn't seem to be fully AI either, more like a programmed robot. Didn't KITT say something to that fact that the lights were on but nobody was home? KIFT should have at least had the intelligence to stop someone from dismantiling him. Y'know - electric shocks, door locks, etc. For someone as low-tech as Michael to install a CPU in that car, it had to be a pretty dumb automobile.

As to the Foundation - Other than Devon I don't think it really existed in the same spirit as in the show. The 'one man can make a difference' attitude seems to have been lost in that movie.

I did like one scene though, where Devon went to Michael's cabin to convince him to come back. It seemed to be the only good scene there. We could really see the old Michael/Devon connection going.

~Beth C

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightdriver » Mon May 26, 2003 10:53 am

The two original KIFT cars are sitting in a lot somewhere with blown engines. These were discovered a few weeks back by a member of Knight Registries. The cars were painted like black and white polices cars originally for, believe it or not, one of the Power Rangers shows. Not sure if they turned up in a new show or not as stated above, but both are just sitting as of a few weeks ago. Dead......
Brian - Knightdriver.com

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Mon May 26, 2003 11:00 am

That was a beautiful scene. It was serene and seemed to actually have a place in reality. It was all about old friends and heart. It was shot great as well. Once they got to the future city, the quality seemed to go down. That's probably my favorite scene as well, which is often forgotten in the whole movie.

The foundation probably became a typical corporation, and lost much of its heart after Michael left, and as such their quality control dipped. I think it was Michael said the lights are on but now one is home? KARR had some sort of intelligence right, wouldn't he also been able to stop someone from turning him off? It seems these cars are pretty smart, but when it comes to dismantling or turning off, they seem to be pretty dumb. Even KITT fell for it.

Vchat20
Operative

Post by Vchat20 » Mon May 26, 2003 11:45 am

neps wrote:I think it was Michael said the lights are on but now one is home?
No, it was infact KITT that said that. and I can get a clip from the movie where this was said if you need proof.
neps wrote:KARR had some sort of intelligence right, wouldn't he also been able to stop someone from turning him off?
yes. he was able. look back to the "Trust Doesnt Rust" epiosde. where the burglar's kidnap Bonnie in order to make repairs to KARR. in the proess of doing those repairs, she tryed to deactivate KARR, but KARR shocked her instead.

Trekie386
Operative

Post by Trekie386 » Mon May 26, 2003 12:09 pm

Vchat20 wrote:
neps wrote:I think it was Michael said the lights are on but now one is home?
No, it was infact KITT that said that. and I can get a clip from the movie where this was said if you need proof.
neps wrote:KARR had some sort of intelligence right, wouldn't he also been able to stop someone from turning him off?
yes. he was able. look back to the "Trust Doesnt Rust" epiosde. where the burglar's kidnap Bonnie in order to make repairs to KARR. in the proess of doing those repairs, she tryed to deactivate KARR, but KARR shocked her instead.
Get the clip!!! Get the Clip!! I wanna see that bit again!!!

~Beth C

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Mon May 26, 2003 12:55 pm

I think this is the clip you want . . . right click, save link target as . . . Open with RealPlayer.

Carlyn Eliz
Rookie

Post by Carlyn Eliz » Mon May 26, 2003 1:14 pm

I saw the movie "Chips 1999" and they used the same car as used in "Knight 2000."

If you look at the car carefully it has the red scanner!

-carlyn

Tony
Rookie

Post by Tony » Mon May 26, 2003 1:21 pm

Carlyn Eliz wrote:I saw the movie "Chips 1999" and they used the same car as used in "Knight 2000."

If you look at the car carefully it has the red scanner!

-carlyn
Yeah but in CHIPS 1999 they put the original Dodge Stealth Hub Caps
on it..

Trekie386
Operative

Post by Trekie386 » Mon May 26, 2003 1:56 pm

DJGM2002 wrote:I think this is the clip you want . . . right click, save link target as . . . Open with RealPlayer.
That link doesn't work. :cry:

~Beth C

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Mon May 26, 2003 2:04 pm

If that link didn't work, this one certainly should!

(Right click, save link as . . . Open with RealPlayer.)

Trekie386
Operative

Post by Trekie386 » Mon May 26, 2003 2:19 pm

DJGM2002 wrote:If that link didn't work, this one certainly should!

(Right click, save link as . . . Open with RealPlayer.)
Ok, that one worked... Yup that's the scene.... Man I forgot just how funny that was.

Yeah, I'm glad now they took the original KIFT out of the car... Listening to Maddock's voice for long trips would make me want to rip the voicebox out of the car and throw it out of the window while passing railroad tracks!!!

:lol: :lol:

What an ego.. using your own voice in a car.. Maddock should be shot.

~Beth C

Carlyn Eliz
Rookie

Post by Carlyn Eliz » Mon May 26, 2003 4:27 pm

I do not like Kift.....he does not turbo boost, ski mode,or do any other fun stuff that the old kitt did....if i own a car like that i would change it to a KITT not a kift :)

-carlyn

Raven
Stranger

Post by Raven » Mon May 26, 2003 5:16 pm

Carlyn Eliz wrote:I do not like Kift.....he does not turbo boost, ski mode,or do any other fun stuff that the old kitt did....if i own a car like that i would change it to a KITT not a kift :)

-carlyn
Hell yeah, I have to agree with you Carlyn... No Turbo Boost in the whole duration of the film?! Man, turbo boost was like Kitt's Trademark! In fact it WAS Kitt's trademark!!! How could they have left that out?

~Raven
"The world is full of hypocrites. Never trust a side that calls the other side evil."

Carlyn Eliz
Rookie

Post by Carlyn Eliz » Mon May 26, 2003 6:16 pm

turbo boost was the coolest thing they did with the car....and you know what they slapped the movie together and they left out alot of things....
for an example the turbo boost,ski mode,etc...without that stuff the movie is nothing...

also they didn't tell us HOW KITT got destroyed.......soo lets put it this way the movie was nothing

-carlyn

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightdriver » Mon May 26, 2003 6:37 pm

KITT didn't get destroyed, he was dismantled. Basicly, he was old. "Didn't exactly have fresh oil on the dip stick" Maddock said. I find it hard that, even though Devon was mad that Maddock dimantled KITT, you think being involved with FLAG the way he was, hewould have known about KITTs fate. What did Devon do, just forget about KITT after Michael left?

I think that if the movie (KR2000) actually made it into a series, they would have introduced more options for KITT and his new body. If you look at Knight of the Phoenix, KITT really didn't do as much as he did as the series went on. We just didn't get to se the shows progression because a series wasn't ordered. People just didn't want to see KR without Hasslehoff.

And thats just the way it is..............
Brian - Knightdriver.com

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightdriver » Mon May 26, 2003 6:40 pm

I also forgot to ad that it is not totally improbable that Michael Knight had the capabilities to transfer KITT into his chevy or the 4000 body. He was involved with the Foundation for what....8 years. I am sure he picked up things between cofrontations and working with Bonnie during his time working there. hell, after 87, we dont even know what he did. maybe he turned Tech and worked with Bonnie to learn the trade? He has 3 years with the foundation we dont knwo anything about..... Just a though there.
Brian - Knightdriver.com

Carlyn Eliz
Rookie

Post by Carlyn Eliz » Mon May 26, 2003 7:22 pm

also how did he know how to install KITT in the chevy??

-carlyn

Darendor
Operative

Post by Darendor » Mon May 26, 2003 7:44 pm

Carlyn Eliz wrote:also how did he know how to install KITT in the chevy??

-carlyn
It's been a long time since I seen this movie but didn't Michael dig around for KITT's CPU, scanner and voice modulator and activate him in his bedroom or something and then transfer him onto the Chevy with KITT's instructions?

Trekie386
Operative

Post by Trekie386 » Mon May 26, 2003 7:53 pm

Darendor wrote:

-carlyn
It's been a long time since I seen this movie but didn't Michael dig around for KITT's CPU, scanner and voice modulator and activate him in his bedroom or something and then transfer him onto the Chevy with KITT's instructions?
Now THERE'S a creepy thought... kind of reminds me of "Spock's Brain" on Star Trek where Spock told Dr. McCoy how to hook up his brain. ::shudders::

Kitt: Michael, you need to connect the circuit board to the relay behind the fan motor. It's the red wire next to the black one.

Michael: Like this? (Loud Zappping sound, sparks fly)

Kitt: OUCH! No, Michael not that one!

(More sparks, the car lights dim, Kitt sighs)

Kitt: And I thought he learned something in his time off. What is he colorblind or something? Red Michael, not orange!

ZZZZZZZAAAAPP!!!!

~Beth C

Vchat20
Operative

Post by Vchat20 » Mon May 26, 2003 8:01 pm

Trekie386 wrote:
Darendor wrote:

-carlyn
Now THERE'S a creepy thought... kind of reminds me of "Spock's Brain" on Star Trek where Spock told Dr. McCoy how to hook up his brain. ::shudders::

Kitt: Michael, you need to connect the circuit board to the relay behind the fan motor. It's the red wire next to the black one.

Michael: Like this? (Loud Zappping sound, sparks fly)

Kitt: OUCH! No, Michael not that one!

(More sparks, the car lights dim, Kitt sighs)

Kitt: And I thought he learned something in his time off. What is he colorblind or something? Red Michael, not orange!

ZZZZZZZAAAAPP!!!!

~Beth C
is that real? cuz if so, I guess my copy of the movie has some chunks mising.

Andy101
Volunteer

Post by Andy101 » Mon May 26, 2003 8:33 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
That's really funny...

Where can i get the movie? I heard it's mostly in europe not in canada or us... Do you think i could find it in europe? Because my dad will be going to visit some old friends in the fall and maybe i could tell him to get it for me... Is it at least worth it though?