So do any of you expect some new KR show decades from now?

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

So do any of you expect some new KR show decades from now?

Post by PunkMaister » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:10 am

OK so the new KR show very sadly went south (along with most of of any worth watching TV in my opinion)

So could there be some other new show in the next 30, 40 or 50 years or just not in any foreseeable future as in a few generations down the road after we are gone and and we are dust?

To be honest I do not see anything in the foreseeable future in terms of any productions relating to KR...

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Re: So do any of you expect some new KR show decades from now?

Post by Knight007 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:53 am

I have the same question in mind.
Some times I think if the economy turns around, then maybe Ford will ask NBC to bring the show back to promot their products.
Other times I think maybe if they move the show to Canada we will have another shot.
and now we have the overseas fans who are watching the show, nmaybe their networks will go back to NBC and tell them they should make more of this.

I dont know, its all not clear and any thing can happen spcialy with a network like NBC. Image :kitt:

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:54 am

There's always a chance that the retelling of Glen Larsons pilot movie of knight rider might happen in about 10 years from now.I've been waiting to hear news on it for about 10 years when I graduated High School.In fact at my reunion my friends first words to me when he sat down a few years ago was sarcastically,"So,they're making a kar movie right?" He said this because I learned of the new movie at about 12th grade and now it has been 10 years later. :lol:

If the knight rider show ever does return to tv by then it will be abbout a car that could hover like the Delorean in Back To The Future.

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:31 am

If we do get a flying car as you say, they should rename it to Knight Flyer insted of Knight Rider :roll: However, I hope it will not take that long for KR to come back again with new or the same concept Image :kitt:

rwmu
Operative

Post by rwmu » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:17 am

if you calculate the gaps between the various versions then the average is a seven year wait so we are looking at about 2015 before the next one.
Είναι καλύτερο να θεωρηθεί ως ανόητος, από να ανοιχτεί το στόμα σας και να αφαιρεθεί όλη η αμφιβολία.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:37 am

rwmu wrote:if you calculate the gaps between the various versions then the average is a seven year wait so we are looking at about 2015 before the next one.
Keep in mind that TKR was a total disaster and a flop it should not even count.

In any even most of us will probably be too old to care when and if it does happen, if we are even alive by then that is...
I do not believe for a second it will just take a few years for KR to come back on TV in some way, shape or form. I prescribe to the decades long scenario or longer.

rwmu
Operative

Post by rwmu » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:57 am

Thats a bit harsh since it did as well as KR08 has, and better than KR2000 and Season 4 of the original. I like TKR but then again been a Brit I can see what they were doing with TKR. It had all the struff people complain was missing from KR08, links to the original show, FLAG, Nods to the original cast, K.R.O. was a much better Idea than KARR08 etc etc.
Είναι καλύτερο να θεωρηθεί ως ανόητος, από να ανοιχτεί το στόμα σας και να αφαιρεθεί όλη η αμφιβολία.

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:19 pm

I certainly don't think Knight Rider is dead. It'll be back, whether as a motion picture or TV movie, or maybe another series somewhere down the line. I don't think a straight-to-DVD movie is being unrealistic if the series sells well. Time will tell.
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:45 pm

Knight007 wrote:I have the same question in mind.
Some times I think if the economy turns around, then maybe Ford will ask NBC to bring the show back to promot their products.
I dont know, its all not clear and any thing can happen spcialy with a network like NBC. Image :kitt:
The thing is Ford isnt struggling like General Motor and Chyrseler(sp?) They were the only company that didnt take the "bailout" also I think i read that May Sales were higher than the year before.
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

Super Flash
Rookie

Post by Super Flash » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:14 pm

Hello There Everyone,

I am and I will never get Punkmaister's negativity toward the show. It is like he or she doesn't want the show back. I tired of reading posts and threads where he or she states that the show or movies won't be made or back for 10 to 100 years from now. I don't get it. I will never agree with that negative thought process. Unlike Punkmaister here I strongly believe that Knight Rider has a good fan base and will be back in some form in the next 01 to 05 years if that. Decades or more please give me a break here. :D

As for the topic here No, I do not believe that it will be decades or more that Knight Rider will be. As I stated before, with the strong fan base we have Knight Rider will not go away and will be back far sooner then you think. The original Knight Rider was cancelled in 1986 and a reunion movie was aired in 1991 that is five years apart. Next was Team Knight Rider in 1996-1997 that was five years from the reuion movie and ten years after the original Knight Rider. Still at this point was had two Knight Rider relates show-movie in that time frame. I am not counting Knight Rider 2010 because that had little to anything to do with the Knight Rider Franchise. Then of'course we had the back door pilot in February 2008. That was 11 years after Team Knight Rider was cancelled. Then finally Knight Rider 2008 in the same year so, I do not see the point of this thread but, I will modifiy my statement to reflect that I will see Knight Rider back some time in the next 1 to 10 years but, not any longer then that. I will never understand the thought process here but, I guess that is life. Again I am not out to ruffle any feathers here just to add my view point to the rest of you. :D 8)

Thanks and take care now,
Michael P. Nepa :kittconv:
Knight Rider Lives!!!

aussie muscle
Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by aussie muscle » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:05 am

Given that hollywood is already struggling for ideas, it's only a matter of time before they rehash it again. reboot!!

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:56 am

GT500KR wrote:
Knight007 wrote:I have the same question in mind.
The thing is Ford isnt struggling like General Motor and Chyrseler(sp?) They were the only company that didnt take the "bailout" also I think i read that May Sales were higher than the year before.
I wouldn't take it as far as to say that they're 'not struggling'. Ford is under much better managment and has cash. That cash, however, came in the form of loans whose notes will be coming due soon. Make no mistake, most all car companies are struggling right now. Some more than others.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:56 am

I am not saying they are not. FORD and the rest are facing tough times, this is right. but at least they are controling them selves. GM is being controled by the Obama administration, and Chrysler is being bought by FIAT.
I dont know about the upcoming loans they have to payback. but the way I see it, even in the darkest times companies need to advertise to sell more or to tell public about new products.
GM for exmaple, they could have said no for the new transformers movie, but they didnt. they will introduce alot of new cars through that movie.
So why didnt FORD (which is in a lot better shape) say to NBC we need to keep KR alive, they are using alot of their products in the show Image :kitt:

Stealthwalker
Operative

Post by Stealthwalker » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:58 pm

PunkMaister wrote:OK so the new KR show very sadly went south (along with most of of any worth watching TV in my opinion)

So could there be some other new show in the next 30, 40 or 50 years or just not in any foreseeable future as in a few generations down the road after we are gone and and we are dust?

To be honest I do not see anything in the foreseeable future in terms of any productions relating to KR...
Truthfully, in my opinion, I believe within the immediate future that production for "Knight Rider" will not be seen for awhile, however, I do believe that "Knight Rider" will return in some way shape or form. And it will happen when all of us least expect it. I think that it's just a matter of approaching and handling the material of Knight Rider in a proper way that it will suceed in whatever media that it will be shown on, I think that in the meantime, until it does happen we just need to keep our strength and support of this "Great Show" persistantly going and just "pray".
Stealthwalker aka "Tha Lone Crusader"

"We Meet Again". As quoted by Garthe Knight in "Goliath & Goliath Returns"